Bruce Lee:The Legacy Collection from Shout!

saltysam

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From blu-ray.com (Shout Factory Insider):

From Fortune Star regarding the masters -

Checked with our material department, it is the same HDCAM master we provided to you and our HK video distributor. The HDCAM masters are not up-converted version but were re-mastered version originated from the negatives of the Films several years ago in Canada.

The HK video distributor didn’t spend money to improve the masters but the studio who worked for the blu-ray encoding has fine tune the colour and brightness of the films before the production.

As I have mentioned before, we also spent time color correcting the masters and removing scratches.

I bet you the HD masters are prisoners up there! =D

as the HK Video Versions are UPSCALES too this fits perfectly. what do they want to prove?

I have a question pertaining to the Big Boss from The Bruce Lee Legacy Collection blu ray box set. If anyone has it and has watched it, which version of BB is included? By that, I mean, growing up in the U.S., the only version that I knew was the edited Fox release. Around 2005, the Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection on dvd was released. That featured the extended cut of the film; though not complete. I have yet to get any of BL`s movies on blu ray and am curious which version is included in this Legacy Collection. The reason why I ask that is because there are deleted "scenes/extended scenes" and a bloodier ending as an extra on the blu ray. My question is: 1) Are these extras scenes and segments that we have never seen before? 2) Or, some of the missing scenes that ended up in some of the trailers floating around? 3) Or, are they just the scenes that were presented in the extended cut from 2005 and the main feature film on the blu is the previous edited version that was available before 2005?

Please check out my attachment to see what I call the "bloodier" ending. A spoiler for those that may have never seen it before. That was a scene that was edited out of the film before the 2005 release.

post-233-14419189712_thumb.jpg

The Shout! version is more complete than the Fox versions. It has that bloody "finger" scene on the end fight. On the extras, there's a compilation of extended bits and pieces.

The only thing missing (I think) from the Shout! version is that rare trailer, which has the clip of Bruce getting naked with that prostitute (i.e. one last "f**k" before he goes on his suicide mission; as well as the part where all his cousins are celebrating Bruce's victory fight.

OldPangYau can give ya a better description. =D

I have a question pertaining to the Big Boss from The Bruce Lee Legacy Collection blu ray box set. If anyone has it and has watched it, which version of BB is included? By that, I mean, growing up in the U.S., the only version that I knew was the edited Fox release. Around 2005, the Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection on dvd was released. That featured the extended cut of the film; though not complete. I have yet to get any of BL`s movies on blu ray and am curious which version is included in this Legacy Collection. The reason why I ask that is because there are deleted "scenes/extended scenes" and a bloodier ending as an extra on the blu ray. My question is: 1) Are these extras scenes and segments that we have never seen before? 2) Or, some of the missing scenes that ended up in some of the trailers floating around? 3) Or, are they just the scenes that were presented in the extended cut from 2005 and the main feature film on the blu is the previous edited version that was available before 2005?

Please check out my attachment to see what I call the "bloodier" ending. A spoiler for those that may have never seen it before. That was a scene that was edited out of the film before the 2005 release.

On Shout Factory's Facebook page it states after lots of written complaints

"Hi everyone, thanks for your patience, we should have an update on this soon. Stay tuned..."

Whatever that means

On Shout Factory's Facebook page it states after lots of written complaints

"Hi everyone, thanks for your patience, we should have an update on this soon. Stay tuned..."

Whatever that means

*this

plays in head* while I anxiously wait....

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Ah... see, I stayed positive and now perhaps my patience and belief in the Blu-Ray Justice System will pay off. :bigsmile::yociexp28:

Looks like Amazon are not shipping this set!

They have created a new page and this set is due to be released on 17th September. It states: Due to a manufacturing delay, the release date for The Bruce Lee Legacy Collection has been moved to September 17, 2013. Please place your preorder on this page to receive a corrected copy at the earliest possible date.

Here is the new description:

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Legacy-Collection-BluRay-Blu-ray/dp/B00E9JLQEC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1375471908&sr=8-5&keywords=bruce+lee+legacy+collection

I think all this saga has been done on purpose! Just imagine at how many people are going to order this now!!

We have seen what lovely packaging they are providing us and what amazing colour corrections, added audio, and fab interviews we are getting!

The ones shipped early were just a teaser!!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Looks like Amazon are not shipping this set!

They have created a new page and this set is due to be released on 17th September. It states: Due to a manufacturing delay, the release date for The Bruce Lee Legacy Collection has been moved to September 17, 2013. Please place your preorder on this page to receive a corrected copy at the earliest possible date.

Here is the new description:

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Legacy-Collection-BluRay-Blu-ray/dp/B00E9JLQEC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1375471908&sr=8-5&keywords=bruce+lee+legacy+collection

YES!!! Awesome! :bigsmile:

I think all this saga has been done on purpose! Just imagine at how many people are going to order this now!!

We have seen what lovely packaging they are providing us and what amazing colour corrections, added audio, and fab interviews we are getting!

The ones shipped early were just a teaser!!

LOL Funny. But no way.

From the little bit of personal interaction I've had with these guys, especially Cliff MacMillan, they are all stand up guys that love movies and are always trying to release the very best that they can. I know that a lot of people are pissed off about some of their releases- particularly the Jackie Chan BDs- and I fully understand that. I was also hoping that those would be the "ultimate-look-no-further-for-better-versions" editions of these films too. But I've heard the horror stories from the business side on more than one occasion, and it's such a barrel of deceitful lying monkeys that the distributors have to deal with. Often they have made huge investments before they realize that they are being screwed with elements that are inferior to what was promised. Sadly, this often means that a compromised product must be released, otherwise the company could be sunk by the cost put out with no return. The fact that Shout Factory is fixing this (no doubt at a HUGE cost) says volumes about them.

*For those of you that are fans of '80s (and other era) horror and genre flicks, I highly recommend Shout Factory's releases of the following (most are loaded with extras):

HALLOWEEN II

HALLOWEEN III

FROM BEYOND

PHANTASM II

ROLLING THUNDER

LIFEFORCE

THE HOWLING

THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN

THE FOG

THE BURNING

DEADLY BLESSING

THE FUNHOUSE

THEY LIVE

PIRANHA (the 1979 original)

HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP

NINJA III: THE DOMINATION

and the more recent Takashi Miike classic AUDITION

* In case you're wondering- NO, I don't have stock in the company. :xd:

YES!!! Awesome! :bigsmile:

LOL Funny. But no way.

From the little bit of personal interaction I've had with these guys, especially Cliff MacMillan, they are all stand up guys that love movies and are always trying to release the very best that they can. I know that a lot of people are pissed off about some of their releases- particularly the Jackie Chan BDs- and I fully understand that. I was also hoping that those would be the "ultimate-look-no-further-for-better-versions" editions of these films too. But I've heard the horror stories from the business side on more than one occasion, and it's such a barrel of deceitful lying monkeys that the distributors have to deal with. Often they have made huge investments before they realize that they are being screwed with elements that are inferior to what was promised. Sadly, this often means that a compromised product must be released, otherwise the company could be sunk by the cost put out with no return. The fact that Shout Factory is fixing this (no doubt at a HUGE cost) says volumes about them.

*For those of you that are fans of '80s (and other era) horror and genre flicks, I highly recommend Shout Factory's releases of the following (most are loaded with extras):

HALLOWEEN II

HALLOWEEN III

FROM BEYOND

PHANTASM II

ROLLING THUNDER

LIFEFORCE

THE HOWLING

THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN

THE FOG

THE BURNING

DEADLY BLESSING

THE FUNHOUSE

THEY LIVE

PIRANHA (the 1979 original)

HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP

NINJA III: THE DOMINATION

and the more recent Takashi Miike classic AUDITION

* In case you're wondering- NO, I don't have stock in the company. :xd:

I think Shout has done the right thing here! Hats off to them for that!

I asked Cliff for a confirmation... he's pretty mum at the moment :tongue:

Funny thing is, we've all been so focused on the Big Boss's transfer, that we've all missed Way of the Dragon's flickering, flaring, and even hair stuck in the film gate :tongue: None of these issues were on the Hong Kong/Japanese blu-rays, but they were not only present on Shout's blu, but the original Fortune Star-based DVDs as well.

I asked Cliff for a confirmation... he's pretty mum at the moment :tongue:

Funny thing is, we've all been so focused on the Big Boss's transfer, that we've all missed Way of the Dragon's flickering, flaring, and even hair stuck in the film gate :tongue: None of these issues were on the Hong Kong/Japanese blu-rays, but they were not only present on Shout's blu, but the original Fortune Star-based DVDs as well.

LOL! That's true. I was never one to mind the "natural" dust, hairs, etc, embedded on film, on older movies. As long as they're in their truest form (real HD sources!), that's good enough for me.

On any transfer of The Big Boss, I keep thinking that "staircase" skip will show up again. I haven't seen that since the original Fox DVD releases back in 1999 (or whenever that was).

Well, I only ever caught the "hair trap" on WOTD in the Fortune Star standard def and upconverted versions... specifically when Lee tells Wei Ping Ao to stop running at the end of the film.

Well, I only ever caught the "hair trap" on WOTD in the Fortune Star standard def and upconverted versions... specifically when Lee tells Wei Ping Ao to stop running at the end of the film.

So, what you are saying is: the only real way to tell if it is an upconvert or true HD is a well placed hair? :tongue:

Amazon has only gone and shipped mine! Really annoyed that they have shipped it knowning full well that these sets have been withdrawn from sale!

Amazon has only gone and shipped mine! Really annoyed that they have shipped it knowning full well that these sets have been withdrawn from sale!

Amazon has extremely good customer service. And Shout! has been known to ship out replacement discs.

Your options:

1. Keep the set and get replacement discs/full replacements from Shout! Factory.

2. Return the set to Amazon (amazon will pay for shipping, you print out pre-paid sticker) with the same box it came in. Just a matter of you dropping it off at a UPS store or Post Office (or whatever it is in Germany).

One of the above will happen for sure. Now you have nothing to worry about. Plus, you can chill and catch all the special features (there's a bunch), just in time for corrected Blu-ray copies (*hopefully*) to come.

Amazon carries millions of products. I doubt the computers will stop for some of these "pending" orders. At least you can't deny that they ship fast. =D Seriously, the fact that you got a faulty set may work to your advantage. Play your cards right, you might end up with two sets.

I'm actually surprised you didn't get a chance to cancel your order after all this talk.... ;)

Guest Markgway

Dude, you had like a million chances to cancel it.

EVERYONE told you to cancel it!! :tongue:

Dude, you had like a million chances to cancel it.

EVERYONE told you to cancel it!! :tongue:

Newgen doth protest too much..if they hadn't have shipped it he'd have sunk into a deep downward spiral of depression :wink:

mine's been sat unopened since it arrived Friday.

"With money in his pocket, he's probably dead drunk somewhere... With women."

Pop it open. You'll get a new set/new discs regardless. It's faulty.

"C'mon...! He says it's ok!..."

*jogs, walks, then jogs again to the mansion door*

:nerd:

Archived