Bruce Lee:The Legacy Collection from Shout!

saltysam

Kim Tai Jong in Tower of Death just looks like Jackie Chan with a squashed nose!

Terrible. They should have used Dragon Lee, had him tone down his over the top lee mimickry, and shot with camera angles like Hollywood always does, to make him appear taller than he actually was. This action worked well for Lee in ETD;just observe all the scenes where he's with Braithewaite, Parsons, Roper, and Wall.

Look at Dragon Lee, circa 1974-5:

thumb83%2801%29.jpgBruce_Lee_Enter_the_Dragon_1973_01-500x237.jpg

BTW From another forum, Bluray.com:

WOW! :quizzical: Matt_Stevens, thanks for that! Now I can see what everyone is speaking on, and you gave it up in layman's terms-for me. :P:

SF need their asses whipped. I believe I'll cancel my order too!

:shakefist:

UPDATE!

CANCELLED.

F-K You, SHOUT! Factory.

"I'm goin' to break this wide open... and when it explodes, I don't want Ann here!"

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yuen Biao was more closer to Lee's build and size than any of the other doubles, however, Sammo just couldn't get him to imitate him well. Other than being an excellent kicker, Biao couldn't even double Lee's body.

That Chen Yao Pao did look a lot like Bruce wearing shades, but he was too tall, and skinnier than even Bruce.

:tongue:

I think Yuen Wah was the guy who has the same frame as Bruce.

"No matta what happens.... don't get out of da car"

I think Yuen Wah was the guy who has the same frame as Bruce.

"No matta what happens.... don't get out of da car"

Yes but he wasn't used as a Lee double in GOD.

"I can't be forced to join."

That's why Bruce vs Han Ying-Cheih in Big Boss is my fave of his fights, it's very neck and neck. Bruce's character wins because the Boss makes one fatal impulsive error.

icDAk.gif

Yes but he wasn't used as a Lee double in GOD.

"I can't be forced to join."

You're looking a little pale… what you need is a good nourishing meal to stick to your ribs!

BTW, the Japanese Game of Death (which is included as a bonus feature) on the Shout! set is real HD (not upscaled).

Now I get to see details of the X-acto knife marks from the Bruce Lee cutout. lol!

"If we're stopped, don't do anything that will give them an excuse to hurt you"

I wouldn't cross the screet for this set!

"Rebellion is contagious, Dr. .. I think we'd better squeeze, a little."

:xd:

Guest Markgway
I wouldn't cross the screet for this set!

The screet? Yeah, you definitely wouldn't wanna do that. :tongue:

Problem with Dragon Lee: The shape of his eyes.

... Problem with Dragon Lee: The shape of his eyes.

Nothing a little eye surgery couldn't fix... ala Jackie Chan. :crossedlips:

"Figure it done, man."

"Rebellion is contagious, Dr. .. I think we'd better squeeze, a little."

:xd:

I just saw those SKREET shots you posted and I said to myself: "Something's wong!"

As for people who own the Japanese Blu-rays.... "You wan, you wan!"

Well this set is no longer on my Birthday present wish list for next month!!

+ 1!

Thanks to you all, I've made a better decision. Pass.

:squigglemouth:

"It is better to die, a broken piece of Jade, than to live a life of clay."

I will be placing myself in an cryogenic chamber and all that I ask is that either you guys or your great grandchildren wake me when we get a great color corrected true HD blu ray of these films. Thanks in advance. :tongue:

BlurayStation3

I'm seriously thinking of getting the Japanese blu-rays after hearing all of this. Do the Japanese discs have all of the audio options that the Shout! box set has? How about the rejected English dub on Big Boss?

I'm seriously thinking of getting the Japanese blu-rays after hearing all of this. Do the Japanese discs have all of the audio options that the Shout! box set has? How about the rejected English dub on Big Boss?

No, it doesn't... Which is why everyone is in an uproar about this set. It could have been the actual definitive Lee set-with the exception it didn't include ETD.

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Shout seriously need to hold off the release of this until they get their hands on the correct HD masters. The ones that have already gone out to customers who ordered off their website need to be offered a way to replace the shite discs that they've sold them.

It's one of those cases where I knew things were sounding too good to be true and that as it was about to hit the shelves that there would be one almighty fuck up...and things could not have been fucked up much more than this!

It's one of those cases where I knew things were sounding too good to be true and that as it was about to hit the shelves that there would be one almighty fuck up...and things could not have been fucked up much more than this!

Just imagine if I didn't help them with the audio tracks :wink: It's weird, there's a lot of "rumor talk" on Blu-ray.com about the possibility of fixing these, but no official word from Shout directly. I don't see it happening, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Just imagine if I didn't help them with the audio tracks :wink: It's weird, there's a lot of "rumor talk" on Blu-ray.com about the possibility of fixing these, but no official word from Shout directly. I don't see it happening, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Yep, I'm sure the work you did on the audio tracks is top notch....I have your Big Boss: Redux, Game of Death: Integral and Warriors Two discs from back in the day :wink:.

I don't think Shout is going to do anything about putting things right and giving the customer what they are paying their hard earned cash for.

Yep, I'm sure the work you did on the audio tracks is top notch....I have your Big Boss: Redux, Game of Death: Integral and Warriors Two discs from back in the day :wink:.

Funny thing is, as picky as I can be nowadays, I can clearly point out problems with all three of those custom projects :tongue: I have contemplated fixing/updating all three of them.

Okay... so... there's a *very slim* chance that there's still hope for this after all. Can't say much more at the moment...

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Okay... so... there's a *very slim* chance that there's still hope for this after all. Can't say much more at the moment...

OH MAN! :smile: At least there's hope. Thank you OldPangYau. :nerd:

OH MAN! :smile: At least there's hope. Thank you OldPangYau. :nerd:

Kung Fu Bob, you mean to tell me you're not a bit worried?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Kung Fu Bob, you mean to tell me you're not a bit worried?

I'm cautiously optimistic. What's to worry about though? The up-scales are already here and verified. So the way I see it, from here, it can only get better. :bigsmile:

From blu-ray.com (Shout Factory Insider):

From Fortune Star regarding the masters -

Checked with our material department, it is the same HDCAM master we provided to you and our HK video distributor. The HDCAM masters are not up-converted version but were re-mastered version originated from the negatives of the Films several years ago in Canada.

The HK video distributor didn’t spend money to improve the masters but the studio who worked for the blu-ray encoding has fine tune the colour and brightness of the films before the production.

As I have mentioned before, we also spent time color correcting the masters and removing scratches.

I bet you the HD masters are prisoners up there! =D

Archived