Bruce Lee:The Legacy Collection from Shout!

saltysam

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Millions of dollars wasted for nothing new and shit that doesn't work.

Do you think this cost millions? If so, Shout Factory is nuts! I am positive this set is going to be deeply discounted in 6 months or so.

Just finished my homemade fixed Blu-ray of Fist of Fury!

I used the original upscaled set which contains the Mandarin audio track. Took all the audio tracks from the upscaled set (removing the upscaled video) and added the tracks to the new set HD video. Stuck it onto a 50gb disc, now the Fist of Fury disc is how it should be!

Just got my set over the weekend at a discounted price from Groupon. Other than the missing mandarin track from the FOF blu, its not a bad set. There are a few glitches here and there on disc 11. But, can`t tell if its in the source or the production of the disc. The Disc 11 menu sounds as if it has 2 different soundtracks laid over one another. I like some of the extras. Bob Wall is, well, he is very opinionated. :wink:

At this point, this could become my favorite BL box set (even with some of the issues).

Just finished my homemade fixed Blu-ray of Fist of Fury!

I used the original upscaled set which contains the Mandarin audio track. Took all the audio tracks from the upscaled set (removing the upscaled video) and added the tracks to the new set HD video. Stuck it onto a 50gb disc, now the Fist of Fury disc is how it should be!

I could not get past that minty blue-green look of FOF that is on the HD transfer. I ended up just watching the dvd instead. At least it does have the mandarin soundtrack. I would hope that at some point in the future SF would color correct this and add the mandarin track back in and perhaps release this on a single disc release.

I have a new level of respect for their operation now. In this day in age it is very uncommon for "CONSUMERS" (I do not care for that demeaning title for human beings) not getting screwed.

That makes me very happy. Now this, not a word to no one.

"C'mon... He says it's ok!"

Jogs slowly up driveway, walks, then jogs again...

:nerd:

"C'mon... He says it's ok!"

Jogs slowly up driveway, walks, then jogs again...

LOL! I'm seriously going to take a vacation in Thailand one day and reenact that scene.

"What do you think they're gonna do, hold hands?"

That makes me very happy. Now this, not a word to no one.

*Looks at computer clock, sees it's nearly 2 in the morning*

MPM, it's getting awfully late!

I assume it's implied that further runs of the box set will get the corrected FOF? I don't really want to buy the set in future and have to go about replacing a disc.

*Looks at computer clock, sees it's nearly 2 in the morning*

MPM, it's getting awfully late!

"Don't cry Mei... One way, or the other-we'll get your Mandarin Mono back! I swear it!!! *Pounds fist against porch pillar*

Killer Meteor

Will the exchange apply to over-seas consumers? I was THIS close to buying the set!

Oh and "He had a fight...on account of the box set"

Will the exchange apply to over-seas consumers? I was THIS close to buying the set!

Lol!

"The Boss wants his box set by Thursday... Remember, nothing to go wrong this time."

:bigsmile:

Lol!

"The Boss wants his box set by Thursday... Remember, nothing to go wrong this time."

:bigsmile:

LMAO!

"Shout! Factory, faithful service!"

At least you're able to purchase it, they don't seem to ship to Australia.

Houston, we might have a problem -

I received this email today:

Dear Seth,

Please be advised that we have recently shipped replacement Disc 4: Fist of Fury Blu-Ray. This disc includes the Cantonese Audio Track missing on the initial disc. You should be receiving it via first-class mail in just a few days.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we thank you for remaining a loyal SHOUT! Factory customer.

Sincerely,

SHOUT! Factory Customer Service

The only problem is, my name is not SETH. haha:tinysmile_angry2_t:

And, I just hope that it was a misprint about the Cantonese track.

Houston, we might have a problem -

I received this email today:

Dear Seth,

Please be advised that we have recently shipped replacement Disc 4: Fist of Fury Blu-Ray. This disc includes the Cantonese Audio Track missing on the initial disc. You should be receiving it via first-class mail in just a few days.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we thank you for remaining a loyal SHOUT! Factory customer.

Sincerely,

SHOUT! Factory Customer Service

The only problem is, my name is not SETH. haha:tinysmile_angry2_t:

And, I just hope that it was a misprint about the Cantonese track.

Wow, this is getting worse! Surely they haven't screwed it up again!

lol hopefully that's just a typo...

If not, this set is officially part of the "Bruce Lee curse" everyone's talking about. =D

Archived