Bruce Lee:The Legacy Collection from Shout!

saltysam

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now you have nothing to worry about! =D

"You know, that makes me feel better."

"Chow Mei, run down to the store and splurge a little... bring us a gallon of rice wine!"

:bigsmile:

"You know, that makes me feel better."

"Chow Mei, run down to the store and splurge a little... bring us a gallon of rice wine!"

:bigsmile:

"Ah Shan come here…."

"ahhhhhh"

Finally got my own replacement discs, and you know... that... makes me feel better :wink:

It's pretty surreal watching the once-rare rejected English dub of The Big Boss with the proper HD transfer.

Finally got my own replacement discs, and you know... that... makes me feel better :wink:

It's pretty surreal watching the once-rare rejected English dub of The Big Boss with the proper HD transfer.

Got my set a couple of days ago, the rejected dub quality is excellent! Thanks for your effort on that, turned out well in the end!

Killer Meteor

Are the syncs on the various tracks of all the films up to snuff?

I still have my HKL dvds copy, I don't know if its worth upgrading to this new set.

In term of picture quality and audio is this set better than HKLs dvds?

I have heard that many have complained that the discs in the box set is hard to pull out and you have to touch the imaging side of the disc to pull it out?

I'll buy it when it shows in in shops.

I almost never keep movies in weird packaging like a book. China has some weird packaging for their series. It's too easy for discs to get scratched up like that.

It's too easy for discs to get scratched up like that.

The worst thing about this set is the design, the discs are really hard to get out...resulting in loads finger prints on the discs!

BlurayStation3

I heard this set has the Japanese version of GoD in HD and the Japanese English track for WotD. Is this true?

Also, do the dvds have the same features/tracks as the blu rays?

I heard this set has the Japanese version of GoD in HD and the Japanese English track for WotD. Is this true?

Also, do the dvds have the same features/tracks as the blu rays?

Yes, WOTD has the English Japanese cinema cut track (mono). For anyone who doesn't know about this track, it contains Bruce's battle cries with the bonus of English dialogue! The disc also contains the US dub, but this doesn't contain Bruce's battle cries! The down side with the Japanese English cinema cut track is that it contains some added music in various parts of the film!

The worst thing about this set is the design, the discs are really hard to get out...resulting in loads finger prints on the discs!

Well the way I resolved this issue:

After initially removing each disc, take your hand, (or fingers, if your hand be too large,) and spread the pockets of each disc slot, creating space inside, and once you do this, it loosens the disc pockets so they are easier to extract. I then keep the round cottonswabs, to grab the tip of the discs. :bigsmile: They become easier and easier to remove after this.

Well the way I resolved this issue:

After initially removing each disc, take your hand, (or fingers, if your hand be too large,) and spread the pockets of each disc slot, creating space inside, and once you do this, it loosens the disc pockets so they are easier to extract. I then keep the round cottonswabs, to grab the tip of the discs. :bigsmile: They become easier and easier to remove after this.

Thanks for that, I will try that when I get home! Is that stretch the sides of the pockets or the top and bottoms?

Thanks for that, I will try that when I get home! Is that stretch the sides of the pockets or the top and bottoms?

Gently spreading the sides, from the top, it creates a not so tight housing of each disc. You have to do it with each discs' slot. I don't use the DVD's as much so they're not as much a concern...

"... Tomorrow, he's going to see the Mayor about it. As you can see, he's getting right on it!"

OpiumKungFuCracker

I never understood the slip int envelope design for the disc?? Why not put them in their own individual jewel cases/ create the artwork for each one and, "PRESTO!!!! The box set is complete.

I never understood the slip int envelope design for the disc?? Why not put them in their own individual jewel cases/ create the artwork for each one and, "PRESTO!!!! The box set is complete.

Or, at least have one side of the insert slot half-open near the pit of a disc where you may slide it out easily.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Or, at least have one side of the insert slot half-open near the pit of a disc where you may slide it out easily.

Exactly, right?

Yes, WOTD has the English Japanese cinema cut track (mono). For anyone who doesn't know about this track, it contains Bruce's battle cries with the bonus of English dialogue! The disc also contains the US dub, but this doesn't contain Bruce's battle cries! The down side with the Japanese English cinema cut track is that it contains some added music in various parts of the film!

Also, the Japanese edit of GoD has non-removable Japanese subtitles on the right side of the screen.

To answer BlurayStation3's other question, the DVDs and Blu-rays have the same extras.

I got an updated copy of the set for my site. The official line regarding the recall is on their press release:

"Contrary to speculation circulating on the Internet, the original set did contain hi-def masters of the first three feature films. However, after comments from fans who had received early copies of our set, we discovered that our sources were not the recently restored transfers used for the Blu-rays in Hong Kong and Japan, but rather the original masters done a few years ago in Canada. We therefore acquired the improved masters (the master for Game of Death was not appreciably different), and have included them on this set, for a truly definitive Bruce Lee collection."

I haven't seen the packaging, but it is a bit ridiculous when you have to modify the packaging so as not to damage the discs you paid good money for.

OpiumKungFuCracker
What a bunch of moaning Cunts :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I bought the fucking set, I can say the fuck I want with it. If people weren't complaining in the first place, they wouldn't have re-released it to begin with. I suggest you STFU..

I bought the fucking set, I can say the fuck I want with it. If people weren't complaining in the first place, they wouldn't have re-released it to begin with. I suggest you STFU..

"How dare you speak to him at that tone of voice!"

OpiumKungFuCracker
"How dare you speak to him at that tone of voice!"

I'm sorry, but he address the community in a meaningful manner in which I had to retort in my defense.

Archived