Bruce Lee:The Legacy Collection from Shout!

saltysam

• Administrator

F**K YES! :bigsmile:

And to all of you that said I was a naive, gullible dreamer for believing that Shout Factory would truly fix this problem... well... I suppose that description of me IS fairly accurate. :angel: But still- I was right to believe! :nerd:

Best home release news in ages! :wink:

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to all of you that said I was a naive, gullible dreamer for believing that Shout Factory would truly fix this problem... well... I suppose that description of me IS fairly accurate. :angel: But still- I was right to believe! :nerd:

After hearing of this update, I called my local Fry's Electronics, where I purchased my set, and the manager told me I could return mine for an in-store credit, and apply it toward the corrected set. :bigsmile:

I will wait until it's near time for the new set release, then return it. This is indeed great news!

You mean to tell me you weren't a bit worried?

OpiumKungFuCracker

I wish one day the great USA gets a kung fu theater that shows kung fu/martial arts movie on the big screen 24/7.. I'm tired of watching these movies at home it's just not the same. You know I wanna go out, who wants to stay at home and watch this shit? Oh I'm sorry is this the wrong thread to post this here?

I wish one day the great USA gets a kung fu theater that shows kung fu/martial arts movie on the big screen 24/7.. I'm tired of watching these movies at home it's just not the same. You know I wanna go out, who wants to stay at home and watch this shit? Oh I'm sorry is this the wrong thread to post this here?

I think that there are a lot of people that would love to see these on the big screen. Pretty much the only thing to that now is this:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/saving-shaolin/Content?oid=1639566

OpiumKungFuCracker

I need to go to Portland, I've always dreamt about going to Portland like forever. It's the hipster capital of the world, PORTLANDIA!!!!

Kung Fu films, and especially Shaw Brothers films, are getting harder and harder to screen because of rights issues. That's why the number of Shaw screenings has dried up even though there are a million prints out there.

Its great that they are going to do proper HD transfers of the Lee films, its a shame they are not doing the same for the upscaled Jackie Chan blu rays they released....perhaps not enough people complained.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Kung Fu films, and especially Shaw Brothers films, are getting harder and harder to screen because of rights issues. That's why the number of Shaw screenings has dried up even though there are a million prints out there.

that is such a bummer. The world could actually be a better place, humanity might be saved, world peace might become a reality if these guys just grow the fuck up and release these to the general public to see, lol... Are they gonna hold these prints forever? What's the point of holding these films to yourself, a million print just collecting dust? It's such a waste, seriously, wtf?

Its great that they are going to do proper HD transfers of the Lee films, its a shame they are not doing the same for the upscaled Jackie Chan blu rays they released....perhaps not enough people complained.

With Chan BD's no amount of complainst would probably help because I don't think Fortune Star has HD prints of them. Bruce Lee films were a different case as they actually do exist in HD form, but Shout received the wrong prints.

• Administrator
After hearing of this update, I called my local Fry's Electronics, where I purchased my set, and the manager told me I could return mine for an in-store credit, and apply it toward the corrected set. :bigsmile:

I will wait until it's near time for the new set release, then return it. This is indeed great news!

Excellent! :bigsmile:

You mean to tell me you weren't a bit worried?

Of course I knew there was a possibility that they wouldn't/couldn't fix the problem. But I felt very strongly that they WOULD be fixing it. I trust my instincts.

I think that there are a lot of people that would love to see these on the big screen. Pretty much the only thing to that now is this:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/saving-shaolin/Content?oid=1639566

Dan is still showing these regularly, along with a lot of other cool older films. I just wish his theater was in Philly! :angel:

And BRAVO shout factory!!!

Ditto! :nerd:

Of course I knew there was a possibility that they wouldn't/couldn't fix the problem. But I felt very strongly that they WOULD be fixing it. I trust my instincts.

You know something cousin? I don't believe you. LOL

You know something cousin? I don't believe you. LOL

Don't you understand what I'm trying to say?... Stop meddling, or otherwise you're going to be sorry!!!!

:bigsmile:

Don't you understand what I'm trying to say?... Stop meddling, or otherwise you're going to be sorry!!!!

Another message (from Shout! Factory), billy!

Looks like it's definitely set for that Oct 22nd target and they're apologetic about it. Also, they observe that the real HD Game of Death doesn't look any better (at least the Japanese print is still on there). More details at the link.

http://www.cityonfire.com/shout-factorys-bruce-lee-legacy-collection-gets-a-new-release-date/

Another message (from Shout! Factory), billy!

Looks like it's definitely set for that Oct 22nd target and they're apologetic about it. Also, they observe that the real HD Game of Death doesn't look any better (at least the Japanese print is still on there). More details at the link.

http://www.cityonfire.com/shout-factorys-bruce-lee-legacy-collection-gets-a-new-release-date/

And you believe what you were told!? It (the BR set) was fine, there was nothing wrong! How can an Ultimate set get recalled??!!

And you believe what you were told!? It (the BR set) was fine, there was nothing wrong! How can an Ultimate set get recalled??!!

"thanks a lot dragon, you're messin' around with my love life!"

My SHOUT! Factory replacement discs have arrived! I'm happy to confirm the releases are now HD, like the K&R releases. :bigsmile:

Here are some screen caps complements of vidjunkie, from bluray.com :

Screens for Disc 2: The Big Boss

bb1.png bb2.png bb3.png

bb4.png bb5.png bb6.png

bb7.png bb8.png bb9.png

Screens for Disc 4: Fist of Fury

ff1.png ff2.png ff3.png

ff4.png ff5.png ff6.png

ff7.png ff8.png ff9.png

To further explain what's included:

There are only 5 Discs being replaced,

Disc 2: The Big Boss Blu-ray

Disc 4: Fist of Fury Blu-ray

Disc 6: The Way of The Dragon Blu-ray

Disc 10: I Am Bruce Lee DVD

Disc 11: Bonus Features DVD

Screens for Disc 6: The Way of The Dragon

wod1.png wod2.png wod3.png

wod4.png wod5.png wod6.png

wod7.png wod8.png wod9.png

My SHOUT! Factory replacement discs have arrived! I'm happy to confirm the releases are now HD, like the K&R releases. :bigsmile:

Here are some screen caps complements of vidjunkie, from bluray.com :

Fist looks A LOT better then the HKL dvd.

I hope the mono tracks are still present and correct.

Archived