Bruce Lee:The Legacy Collection from Shout!

saltysam

From thread on bluray.com:

Ain't it cool did a review of the set with some winteresting information

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63568

"I spoke with a company representative on Thursday about the masters used for this set and was assured the original content provided by Fortune Star Entertainment was the best available and the same used for the Bruce Lee Blu's released a few years ago in Hong Kong."

"This set was to release on Tuesday, August 6, but Shout Factory has pushed back that date to September 17. The company had to recall the set due to a labeling error on two of the discs."

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"This set was to release on Tuesday, August 6, but Shout Factory has pushed back that date to September 17. The company had to recall the set due to a labeling error on two of the discs."

Hmmm... there's some miscommunication and lies going on here somewhere. The fact that they're going out of their way to fix the mislabeled disc, and not the Blu-rays themselves... "I don't.... like... it." Someone at Shout! isn't taking responsibility (or trying to save their job or something.)

That, or someone should send over the HK versions to Shout! so they can SEE WITH THEIR OWN EYES that these are not the same masters as the ones used on the HK blu-rays (from a few years ago).

Hopefully we'll hear some breaking good news in the next few days. You'll never know. Someone might take charge and get this right.

I got my hands on a copy of the set to view for myself; our worst fears confirmed! These so called blu ray discs are definitely upscales! What's more-they look exactly like the DVDs included. You can hardly tell the difference. I played my KAM & RONSON Big Boss disc first, followed by the SHOUT DVD, then the Blu. Thr K&R BR had far better detail, clarity, color, and depth. I don't have the tech-speak many here possess, though my eyes did not betray me.

Stay away from this purchase until a correction is made. Otherwise, you may as well just purchase the Japanese discs or the K&R

I got my hands on a copy of the set to view for myself; our worst fears confirmed! These so called blu ray discs are definitely upscales! What's more-they look exactly like the DVDs included. You can hardly tell the difference. I played my KAM & RONSON Big Boss disc first, followed by the SHOUT DVD, then the Blu. Thr K&R BR had far better detail, clarity, color, and depth. I don't have the tech-speak many here possess, though my eyes did not betray me.

Stay away from this purchase until a correction is made. Otherwise, you may as well just purchase the Japanese discs or the K&R

Enjoy your $80 dollar DVD box set that has 2 pairs of each Bruce Lee film. =D

I was walking around last night and Mei Ling was crying again. I told her to get a hold of herself. She explained that her husband bought the set with their food money.

ahhhh tat bastards!

I wrote them a nice little email, under the guise of an unsuspecting consumer, totally non tech-savy. I was very subtle, and gracious, wondering if the item proved to be defective, or manufacturing problematic. Now let's see if they respond.

:nerd:

I wrote them a nice little email, under the guise of an unsuspecting consumer, totally non tech-savy. I was very subtle, and gracious, wondering if the item proved to be defective, or manufacturing problematic. Now let's see if they respond.

:nerd:

It had to be done mate! :)

Son Of A Gun

I was walking around last night and Mei Ling was crying again. I told her to get a hold of herself. She explained that her husband bought the set with their food money.

ahhhh tat bastards!

:xd: ²

--

I just got bruce lee legacy box set. the packaging is defective, dvd 10 ia a replacement of dvd 11 ... so I'm missing the contents bonus features of the disc 11. this is very sad !!! what happened??? I paid high shipping to receive it quickly, and instead I received a copy disaster.

Did you receive your set yet?

Still waiting! tracking states if left the USA on the 7th August so not sure how long it will take to get here!

I just got bruce lee legacy box set. the packaging is defective, dvd 10 ia a replacement of dvd 11 ... so I'm missing the contents bonus features of the disc 11. this is very sad !!! what happened??? I paid high shipping to receive it quickly, and instead I received a copy disaster.

That is a shame! I thought all the DVD's were there, just mislabeled!?

I'll give you guys $40 for the set, let me know if you want to get rid of it?

Hmmmm...

How about $50, but I keep the DVD copies? =D

Let me think about that. drop me and email.

You’re good. You might want to pop that disc in your DVD player. It’s labeled wrong, but the bonus features are burned onto that disc. That’s how mine was at least (which explains the recall… )

You might want to read this thread. The mislabeled disc is the least of your problems. Unless you’re running it off a Plasma TV from 2002.

Yesterday morning, I sent this email to SF, regarding TLC boxset:

Hi. I live in Illinois and recently purchased the Bruce Lee Legacy Collection boxset Blu Ray/DVD combo set. First off, I'd like to say it's a wonderful presentation, and I can see the work and detail that has gone into it. My problem is a weird one and I'm not certain if it's MY set or a manufacturing problem:

1.) My Blu Rays in the set look no different than the DVDs. They look like the same discs. It reads br when playing, however, the picture quality is very weird. I can't technically explain it.

2.) My special features disc, and the I AM BRUCE LEE documentary disc are mis-labeled.(?!) This seems more a printing error or something.

Did I somehow purchase a deffective set, and can this be rectified? I'd really like a correction moreso than a refund, for the set is outstanding.

Thanks in advance, for any assistance.

Brian Smith.

If you notice, of my two listed concerns, #1.)I subtlely mentioned the br's included first, and that concern was totally ignored. I don't believe they have any intention of correcting this problem.:sad:

Here was their unsuspectedly quick response, only hrs later:

Hi Brian,

Our distributor has recalled all copies of this box set because of a manufacturing error involving misprinted disc labels. However, some copies might not have been returned by some stores, which is why you were able to purchase from someone on the marketplace.

We suggest that you return the entire set, wait till the new set has been released, for the best possible version of this deluxe set. We will not be offering replacements. It was caught in time, but some choose to deceive customers.

Sorry for the confusion,

Gerard Shout! Factory

Guest Markgway

I'll eat my own testicles if Shout! repress these BDs in proper HD.

The fact that they see an extras disc label error as 'the big issue' speaks volumes.

Anyone who bought this set has had a red hot poker shoved up their ass... and we KNOW whose names are on the handle!

The fact that they see an extras disc label error as 'the big issue' speaks volumes.

Anyone who bought this set has had a red hot poker shoved up their ass... and we KNOW whose names are on the handle!

Suddenly, I feel... rather unpleasant. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

That remark, coupled wth testicles, I don't know, but my backside be shattered.

:bigsmile:

• Administrator
Yesterday morning, I sent this email to SF, regarding TLC boxset:

Thanks for your efforts to get to the bottom of this Dragon.

Please don't. :crossedlips:

Good point. However, I have a theory. I suspect that they are intending to fix both problems, but that they are trying to do it without the embarrassment of having to admit to accidentally using up-scales. The more people that hear anything about that company using up-scales, the worse the publicity will be. If they can use the mislabeled discs as the excuse for the recall, then fix both problems, they'll have received a lot of publicity that they can turn around- while everyone is still paying attention- and say "No, no. Look- this set is perfect.

Again, I'm being very hopeful, and somewhat naive, but it is a possibility. It can't hurt to hope and hold out for the best outcome.

Archived