New Lone Wolf & Cub Manga

Karlos

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-03-29/dark-horse-adds-new-lone-wolf-and-cub-hatsune-miku/unofficial-hatsune-mix-manga

Some five years after Dark Horse Comics announced they had optioned the Lone Wolf & Cub sequel, it's finally been confirmed for US publication early next year.

As I understand it, Shin Lone Wolf & Cub ( aka. New Lone Wolf & Cub) runs for 11 volumes and then has a name change to Soshite Kozure Ōkami: Shikaku no Ko, which then ran for a further 3 volumes (and may still be ongoing?).

I've just "read" the first volume of SLW&C (it was in Japanese so I had to go by the pictures) and it's superb stuff.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Man, I have been waiting impatiently to read this! Very exciting to know it's on the way. I read an interview with the writer Kazuo Koike where he talked about the direction this continuation would go in, and it sounds brilliant! Please, for anyone that's read the first series (or the second series for that matter), I ask that you refrain from posting any spoilers.

For those interested in the details behind the original manga and other incarnations of the story (including 6 classic films!), you might want to peek here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Wish Wuxia Fan was still on here. He would've dug this.

shaolin swords

KUNG FU BOB what ever happened to wuxia fan he had that classic thread about where to buy your kung fu movies at and wich places to buy from and not he always use to post in that thread and then all of a sudden he stopped posting in that thread and on the forum do you know what or why he stopped posting on here???

• Administrator

Okay, I'm a HUGE fan of the original manga collection, and with that series' artist, Goseki Kojima, now passed on I was cautiously optimistic when Karlos told me this news. I perused the first issue in Japanese, with no translation, and the art looked... even better?! In my opinion, new artist Hideki Mori has surpassed the original's look, yet still captured Kojima-san's style and cinematic story-telling flavor. I waited impatiently for the Dark Horse English translated releases, and when they came I collected the first five before reading a single page. I wanted to be able to read the story in a bigger chunk than the individual issues.

So how is it? It's f***ing brilliant! Highly recommended to all Lone Wolf & Cub and samurai tale fans.

• Administrator

KUNG FU BOB what ever happened to wuxia fan he had that classic thread about where to buy your kung fu movies at and wich places to buy from and not he always use to post in that thread and then all of a sudden he stopped posting in that thread and on the forum do you know what or why he stopped posting on here???

Shaolin Swords I just saw your question... 2 years and several months later! :blush

WuxiaFan is alive and well, but has moved on- hopefully to bigger and better things (and despite someone asking- no- he was not banned). He was a cool guy, and a good friend. I miss him.

I wonder if he's reading this excellent series?

I'm watching the tv show as of this writing, will look into reading read the manga to get a different perspective. The new manga sounds interesting, hopefully by the time I'm done with the tv show and manga, all volumes with be released for the new manga. I hate waiting, especially when the manga or show is that good.

Archived