Skiptrace (2015) - Jackie Chan & Johnny Knoxville

SamSeed

Drunken Monk

The fact it's being helmed by the director of "Paranorman" and "Flushed Away" doesn't exactly fill me with optimism but then Brad Bird came off strictly animation to direct "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" and handled the action really well. So maybe this could be a good thing?

I just hope the buddy aspect is well thought out and isn't just Hollywood trying to cash in on "Shanghai Noon" and "Rush Hour." I would like it to be someone interesting who brings some gravitas to the role and not just clowning around. But I feel they will go for a Zach Galifianakis type over a Robert Downey Jr.

ShaOW!linDude

If the fight scenes will be any like the one at the spa in RH2 that will be cool....but it's doubtful.

As for who to cast opposite JC? That's a poser. They'll probably go with the latest 20-something Hollywood ingenue.:tongue:

Been wanting to see MI:GP. I hear only good things about it and it's not but $10 at Walmart. I trust Brad Bird to bring the story and the action. He also directed The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille. Granted, they're animated but good films.

Drunken Monk

Been wanting to see MI:GP. I hear only good things about it and it's not but $10 at Walmart. I trust Brad Bird to bring the story and the action. He also directed The Iron Giant, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille. Granted, they're animated but good films.

In my opinion he did a superb job. Mainly because he understands the scope of action. He makes things look big, gives plenty of spectacle but never lets it run away with itself. He also knows how to ration the action between giant stunt sequences and close up gun/fist fights etc.

That's why I have hope that this film might be in the right hands. Animators and animation directors have a certain attention to detail. As does Jackie when he choreographs. It feels as though it might be a nice team in terms of thought process.

And now we've been shown that Jackie still has it in him. That finale in "CZ12" was so nostalgically great. Ok, so the rest of the film wasn't but, as a fan, all I really needed was that little bit of hope that sole scene instilled.

Fingers crossed, there won't be a Lee Evans, Cedric the Entertainer or a George Lopez in sight.

Why do they have to partner him up all the time ? . let him do a solo movie, for gods sake

it`s 2013 and they still won`t let a chinese man carry it alone.

ShaOW!linDude
Why do they have to partner him up all the time ? . let him do a solo movie, for gods sake

True story! Excellent point!

massa_yoda
Been wanting to see MI:GP. I hear only good things about it and it's not but $10 at Walmart.

In the words of you: Get This!!! :tongue:

Sad but true...while indie features do feature Asians in lead roles (i.e. Jason Yee in Girl from Naked Eye and Zheng Liu in Blood Money), the A-listers are still like huh?

Well, as for who should play the gambler, I think they should make it against type...not make it a stereotype. Maybe a female can take the position or as much as this may get me shot in the head...I'd say hell, pair Chan up with Dwayne Johnson...the way Johnson's track record has been this year, could be a guarantee #1.

Guest Markgway
Sad but true...while indie features do feature Asians in lead roles (i.e. Jason Yee in Girl from Naked Eye and Zheng Liu in Blood Money), the A-listers are still like huh?

I actually saw that. Wasn't bad.

I'd say hell, pair Chan up with Dwayne Johnson...the way Johnson's track record has been this year, could be a guarantee #1.

I'd like to see that.

ShaOW!linDude
Jackie Chan and Nick Nolte would be nice!

Nah, if you're going to go that route, make it JC and Gary Busey. Don't even bother giving Busey the script. Let him ad lib the whole thing.:tongue:

Jackie has said Chris Tucker was looking at the script, but said that if Tucker does sign, they may as well call it Rush Hour 4, but he would like to get someone else as his new cohort because he felt the RH trilogy is where it needed to be.

• Administrator
But I feel they will go for a Zach Galifianakis type over a Robert Downey Jr.

Honestly, I would LOVE to see JC paired in a film with Zach Galifianakis! That could be super funny. :bigsmile:

Definitely woth getting bro. It's a great action movie. Love THE IRON GIANT and THE INCREDIBLES. Haven't watched RATATOUILE though, because my wife can't stand rats. I figured as they're animated she'd be okay. But it still skeeved her out, so we turned it off after just a few minutes.

In my opinion he did a superb job. Mainly because he understands the scope of action. He makes things look big, gives plenty of spectacle but never lets it run away with itself. He also knows how to ration the action between giant stunt sequences and close up gun/fist fights etc.

You said it man!

And now we've been shown that Jackie still has it in him. That finale in "CZ12" was so nostalgically great. Ok, so the rest of the film wasn't but, as a fan, all I really needed was that little bit of hope that sole scene instilled.

Good point. Yes, JC still has it in him. Let's hope they capture some more of that magic before it's too late.

Fingers crossed, there won't be a Lee Evans, Cedric the Entertainer or a George Lopez in sight.

Oh yes, please God! :sad: Lee Evans was hilarious in THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY, so I was excited about him being in THE MEDALLION. But once I saw it, I wanted to strangle him! Dire.

That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Because they need someone who speaks fluent English, like, erm, Chris Tucker.

:xd::xd::xd::xd::xd:

I'd say hell, pair Chan up with Dwayne Johnson...the way Johnson's track record has been this year, could be a guarantee #1.

Great idea!

But wait... how about JC, The Rock, and Zach Galifianakis?! :tongue: I'm not kidding. I think this would be so much fun. Just picture them all standing together and it's already funny. :bigsmile:

According to IMDB, Michael Jai White is rumoured to have a part, which would be fantastic!

Please let that be true! :nerd:

If it is JC, The Rock, and Zack...then a curve ball will be thrown...oh we're hiring Todd Philips and doing THE HANGOVER PART IV LOL :P

I would love to see JC team with Robert Downey Jr. also...I can see Downey's smart-alecky side mix it up with JC's brand of humor, plus Chan can use his trademark style of action while Downey unleashes his Wing Chun on baddies!!! :)

i really loved Shanghai Noon....and while Knight's want bad at all, I wouldn't mind another collab between them 2.... though I love the idea of Rock, JC, and Zac lmao that be great

ShaOW!linDude
If it is JC, The Rock, and Zack...then a curve ball will be thrown...oh we're hiring Todd Philips and doing THE HANGOVER PART IV LOL :P

I think you mean THE HONGOVER.

Guest Markgway

I'm fed up of these Jackie Chan + unfunny comedy sidekick vehicles.

Give him someone interesting to work with.

(Dwayne Johnson is the most promising of those mentioned).

Hollywood comedies are the pits right now and if Jackie has any sense he'll stay well clear of Todd Philips, Judd Apatapatow, and the like...

Dark Horizons reports Seann William Scott...the Stiffmeister...will team with Jackie in SKIPTRACE:

Seann William Scott and Jackie Chan are teaming for the buddy action comedy "Skiptrace" from Exclusive Media and Talent International Film Co.

The story follows Bennie Black (Jackie Chan), a Hong Kong detective who has been tracking the notorious crime boss Victor Wong for over a decade.

When Bennie’s young niece Bai (Fan Bingbing) gets into trouble with Wong’s crime syndicate, Bennie must track down the only man who can help him: a fast-talking American gambler Connor Watts (Seann William Scott).

Bennie races against the clock to bring Connor back to Hong Kong and the unlikely pair embark on a perilous adventure from the snowy mountains of Mongolia to the windswept dunes of the Gobi desert.

As long as there are no Stifler-like jokes in the script and its more akin to Scott in THE RUNDOWN, I'm in

Jay Longino, Brian Gatewood, Alessandro Tanaka, David Posamentier and Geoff Moore all worked on the script.