Legendary: Tomb of the Dragon (2013)

One Armed Boxer

Terrible, boring adventure movie without any action you'd expect from a film starring Scott Adkins and Dolph Lundgren. Instead you get attractive landscapes, substandard CGI-creatures and lots of time to think about which better way you could have spent 90 minutes.

It's not that bad, actually it's technically much better than expected.

BUT it shouldn't have starred Adkins and Lundgren (it wasn't meant to be originally, and they were brought up at the last minute) and nobody cares about the plot or characters (another annoying thing is all the useless Chinese supporting roles imposed by the Chinese producers (the lead actress is a star over there but can barely speak English and is a bore to listen).

But the music is fairly good (and orchestral), and so are the cinematography and sound, and I have no problem with the CGI (it's more the look of of the "shocate" that is an issue).

• Like 1

But the music is fairly good (and orchestral), and so are the cinematography and sound, and I have no problem with the CGI (it's more the look of of the "shocate" that is an issue).

Okay, music and cinematography are fine, the CGI are bearable and the locations are nice, unfortunately story, suspense, action and entertainment value are mostly absent.

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

Boy, that DVD artwork looks pretty bad... :squigglemouth: Seems like Dolph and Scott are out to hunt the dragon in the middle or something.

• Like 1

Music was pretty good.

The soundtrack CD comes out July 8.

http://www.kronosrecords.com/K47.html (Europe pre-order & preview tracks)

http://moviescoremedia.com/coming-soon (US)

legendary.jpg

Too bad they're using the lame US artwork...

The score is provided by BAFTA winning, Ivor Novello nominated composer Paul Leonard-Morgan who is rapidly becoming one of the most sought-after film composers in the UK and the US. His most important credits include Neil Burger's Limitless and Pete Travis' Dredd, a gritty reboot of the classic comic book character. Most recently Paul recently scored the action thriller The Numbers Station and the animated family adventure Walking with Dinosaurs 3D where he tackled the task of underscoring the adventures of some real-life monsters instead of the fictional ones in Legendary.

"There are two main 'vibes' at play in this film - the fun and the scary" explains the composer about the score. "I wanted to write a tongue-in-cheek caper movie melody for the fun/searching for clues side of things. This approach can be found in tracks like 'Fun at the Morgue' and 'Breaking Out'. It's a fun string riff which is doubled on wind in places with a light percussive touch below it. For the scary stuff, which would signify the monster's presence each time, I recorded a low horn, detuned it and then bent its pitch for a creepy low brass sound ("Attack at the Site"). The music was recorded in Glasgow and features the performances of violinist Greg Lawson and vocalist Cariss Crosbie.

1. Bear Chase (3:09)

2. Walk to the Forest (3:42)

3. Fun at the Morgue (2:38)

4. Waiting at Night (2:33)

5. Chasing the Myth (3:43)

6. It's Not Your Fault (2:36)

7. Trashing the Pier (1:15)

8. Travis Story (2:42)

9. Attack at the Site (1:01)

10. You Were All Brave (1:34)

11. Night Boat Attack (3:05)

12. Breaking In (2:11)

13. Breaking Out (2:32)

14. Piecing It Together (2:42)

15. Search for the Cave (4:22)

16. The Creature's Lair (7:29)

17. Fighting the Beast (8:54)

18. Safety (1:53)

Download version additional tracks:

19. Walk to the Forest (Christophe Calpini Remix) (2:59)

20. Search for the Cave (Ivan Iusco Remix) (4:00)

21. Legendary (feat. Eve Molla) (Yves Larock Remix) (3:00)

Total duration: 68 minutes

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
5 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Some one needs to dust off that idea/script and get the project going again.

The good news is, unlike my previous assumption, it was both completed and released.:smile

MV5BODU3MDYwNjU5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjcz

• Like 2

8 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

The good news is, unlike my previous assumption, it was both completed and released.:smile

No idea how that one slipped by me, I'm guessing the 3-D theatrical release was only in China?.

• Like 2