"A Certain Justice": Cung Le vs. Dolph Lundgren

Yeah, crappy movie with little and not very good action. It has a basic revenge plot but is told so annoyingly pretentious it really pissed me off. Watch DRAGON EYES instead, much better in every regard.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea this was sooooo bad. I'm lucky and won a bid on eBay and got it for only 3.90$ (Including shipping) and I still feel ripped off.. The end fights were beyond laughable. All star cast (for a b movie) and a huge disappointment

Watch DRAGON EYES instead, much better in every regard.

I didn't care much for DRAGON EYES but now I can indeed proudly say it's a masterpiece next to CERTAIN JUSTICE! And of course it has a very smart John Hyams behind it. There's something so cynical about products like CERTAIN JUSTICE and how they are put together and what they are made of. I don't even think the directors got anything to do with the editing...

I mean in regards to Dolph's career for instance, I even prefer watching some of his worst movies like AGENT RED, RETROGRADE, DIAMOND DOGS, THE MINION and the likes than this.

I actually thought Dolph was the only thing that kept me watching this movie.. This may be one of his worsts, but he was still the best in the movie.

For completists who still want a Blu-ray, it's coming out May 7 in Australia (and July 14 in Germany but under the title "Lethal Punisher"!)

original.jpeg

ShaOW!linDude

I watched this on NetFlix last night. I think I have to agree with the prevailing sentiment that compared to DRAGON EYES, it is a weaker film. I actually liked the plot and the characters. Dolph made for a good villain. The choreography had its moments. I think the problem was that it wasn't filmed or edited as well as it could've been. Got excited when Cung and Dolph faced off, but it was actually rather anticlimactic to me. Bogus. That should've been the film's saving grace.

Just thought I'd post this here. Don't really feel it's worth a mini-review.

The fact that cung spent 4 years planning this movie to, is what really let me down. I've seen cung in "bodyguards and assassins".. "True legend" and "grandmasters" I know he has it in him to make some good fight scenes but this movie let me down in every way!

Archived