"A Certain Justice": Cung Le vs. Dolph Lundgren

Started filming on Friday.

Seems like Cung Le was on this project for a while, he was talking about it 4 years ago:

The other film is CERTAIN JUSTICE which Le talks about with enthusiasm. “CERTAIN JUSTICE is going to be hot. It’s an amazing script. We got some people looking at it. We don’t have a director yet. It’s like FIRST BLOOD meets NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. Amazing script. Next to PANDORUM, it’s a one-two punch. It’s either CERTAIN JUSTICE or PANDORUM that caught my attention when I read it. I could not put the script down. I was like, ‘I need to do this.’ The script was written for me. My manager manages the writer. I can’t wait ’til that project gets going.”
http://www.kungfucinema.com/news/cung-le-on-tekken-bodyguards-and-fight-work

Fight rehearsal this Sunday:

11756_303757999757998_2002057805_n.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

Sounds good! Lundgren, although it's fair to say he never really went away, seems to be enjoying a renaissance of sorts in recent years. For me he was the highlight of both the latest Universal Soldier movies, 'Regeneration' & 'Day of Reckoning', as well as brightening up 'The Expendables'. Now this as well as the Tony Jaa collaboration, keep them coming!

Cung Le I'm not fussed on, people (or mainly just himself) seem to have been saying he's the next big thing for years now, although all he's ever done is one co-starring role with Van Damme and a few bit parts in Hong Kong movies, one of which was to get pummeled by Donnie Yen. Whenever I read an interview with him I can't help but get a whole 'Conan Lee' vibe to whatever he says.

Drunken Monk

I think Cung Le has definitely been overrated all along. I was looking forward to seeing what he could bring to the genre but the answer turned out to be, "Very little." Even when he has good choreographers behind him he doesn't look that good and, fight wise, he's actually the low point in "The Grandmasters."

Plot:

After returning home from a traumatic tour of duty in Iraq, John (Le) finds himself struggling with PTSD. What little peace he had managed to build around him is shattered one fateful day when he rescues a local call girl from a group of violent Aryan Brotherhood pimps. Having killed several of the high-ranking brotherhood during the rescue, John and his family are now the prime targets of Hollis (Lundgren), the ruthless criminal leader of the group.

http://www.cinando.com/DefaultController.aspx?PageID=FicheFilm&IdC =3122&IdF=164585

I wonder how many films Dolph, Vinnie, Cung, & Capaldi are contracted to Voltage to make!

It seems every couple of months theres some movie coming out with at least one of them in it..& Randy Couture

not saying its a bad thing though, at least you know youre getting a couple of decent fights & real explosions

This is the third and last Dolph did (divorced 2 years ago took a number of projects because of that including those) with the Giorgio Serafini gang, Jones and Capaldi.

The film has been given a new title by Lionsgate: Puncture Wounds! (sounds like a Steven Seagal title)…

Also, be sure to check out the film's DVD cover (is it me, or does Cung Le look like Cuba Good Jr. on the artwork?) lol

Sooo pumped! Most likely the movie won't be great but I'm a huge fan of C. Lee! I used to train under him back in the Bay Area. Not only is he one of my favorite actors but UFC fighters as well. Can't wait!

And the aspect ratio (1.78:1) is also not the one intended (2:35.1). Same happened on Serafini's BLOOD OF REDEMPTION but not on AMBUSHED.

• Administrator
And the aspect ratio (1.78:1) is also not the one intended (2:35.1). Same happened on Serafini's BLOOD OF REDEMPTION but not on AMBUSHED.

Ugh! That's so lame. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Chinatown Kid

That's definitely a better photo of Dolph, in that other one he really looked old and haggard looking. Good to see he's still keeping busy like his buddies Sly, Arnold and Van Damme.

Finally got my copy... huh it's not so good, I don't know what the hell did I just watch. Bad taste written all over it. That will rehabilitate DRAGON EYES in my book...

Archived