Die Fighting (formerly known as 'The Price of Success') (2014)

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

Z Team, a group indie filmmakers/martial artists in France, have full length feature coming out soon. One of the guys, Laurent Buson, you may remember from the film Merantau. He played the villain's brother. The plot is nothing new. It really favors something akin to Bangkok Knockout but the action in the trailer is solid with some very inventive choreography. And......NO WIRES!!!!!!

http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-z-team-level-up-in-new-trailer-for.html

No release date yet.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

It looks very showreely but not in a bad way. I like that they're marketing it as a now wires/no cgi film and really selling the action.

The choreography walked a fine line between original and stale from what I saw but it seems that there are a lot of fights to be seen here.

It might not be the best film in the world but it looks like I'd give it a watch. Thanks for the heads up, mate!

One Armed Boxer

Hmmm....not sure I'm sold on this - budget and production values look to be zero, the performers had no screen presence whatsoever (same problem as 'Bangkok Knockout'), and the action scenes seemed to have a high amount of 'hold that pose while you wait for me to finish my move and hit you' moments

'Urban Fighter / Arena of the Street Fighter' falls into a similar category in terms of budget and production values, but the trailer for that has an intensity and flow to it that was missing from this...which just came across as a little cheap. Still, hopefully it'll turn out better than the trailer suggests.

ShaOW!linDude

While I don't deny it's got a bit of a showreel feel to it, there were spots in the trailer where I thought the choreography was a bit inventive. Hey, it's an indie project. How much production value do you want?:tongue: It is hard to get a sense of the fight flow the way the scenes are clipped in the trailer, I'll grant you that. I'd have to watch it before determining if any of the performers have a screen presence.

odioustrident

One reason this feels like a showreel is that the clips are short - only featuring single moves. This is pretty standard to Western style trailers as we know.... and may not speak to the choreography. Said moves look more original than anything I saw in Urban Fighter.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Looking forward to this. I've always liked the shorts released by Z stunt team. Of course production values are not through the roof, it is self financed by the stunt team. Contour had awful production values and still kicked ass. Anyone who ever watched the stuff Z stunt team put out know that the fights will deliver.

I reviewed it on the main site and it was awesome. The plot resembled that of a horror film instead replacing torture with some amazing fight sequences. I support indie MA films and this is one of the best I have seen...seriously! :wink:

I don't have Internet, or a Computer to download it. What's up with paying someone the the price of the movie (so I'm not stealing the dvd) and having someone burn it for me?

z team i remember checking out their short movies back in the day this looks like good modern day action hopefully not too tricky in the fights.

This film is flat out rubbish from the get go. Terrible acting, the worst script in the world and the most annoying camera work you'll see this year.

The action starts off fairly intricate but boring as hell. Punch, punch, punch, flashy kick. Even a drunken boxing fight doesn't save it.

Then, weirdly, fifty minutes in, the action steps up a notch and there are a handful of good fight sequences. The combos seem more fluid and though there are still plenty of showy moves, they're incorporated in a much better way.

This is a film where you watch the action on You Tube. Watching the whole thing is not advised.

Weirdly, Fabien Garcia plays the lead here and he's the most boring fighter out of the three martial artists. He's all kicks and this same old back fist he does a hundred times.

There's also some very weird and jarring editing here and what looks like an odd form of under cranking.

This is utter junk semi-saved by about two or three solid action sequences. I'd compare it to the atrocious "Bangkok Adrenaline."

This film is flat out rubbish from the get go. Terrible acting, the worst script in the world and the most annoying camera work you'll see this year.

The action starts off fairly intricate but boring as hell. Punch, punch, punch, flashy kick. Even a drunken boxing fight doesn't save it.

Then, weirdly, fifty minutes in, the action steps up a notch and there are a handful of good fight sequences. The combos seem more fluid and though there are still plenty of showy moves, they're incorporated in a much better way.

This is a film where you watch the action on You Tube. Watching the whole thing is not advised.

Weirdly, Fabien Garcia plays the lead here and he's the most boring fighter out of the three martial artists. He's all kicks and this same old back fist he does a hundred times.

There's also some very weird and jarring editing here and what looks like an odd form of under cranking.

This is utter junk semi-saved by about two or three solid action sequences. I'd compare it to the atrocious "Bangkok Adrenaline."

I couldn't even make it through Bangkok Adrenaline. Bangkok Knockout just made the cut for me, but I can only judge for myself on this z team film.

Archived