Enter the Dragon DVD without monk/mirror scene?

newgen2005

Ah, sorry then. I thought it was a censored theatrical cut (there's no mention of Special Edition).

But you're right, if you look (squint) at the text on the back cover it mentions the extra 3 mins.

Bummer!

I almost ordered it last night, read on an ebay listing that although it is not uncut it features 3 minutes of footage that has never been seen before in the US!!

I will try and get my mates iTunes version onto my laptop or even better still my DVD recorder!! another challenge!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hong legends magazine version doesn`t have the monk scene or the mirror scene, but unfortunately the nunchuck scene is cut

Weird thing is it has a menu like the 25th annivesary dvd.

Also the 3 secs of footage is not there.

this is it(5.13)

That missing 3 seconds is just an differant take of a earlier piece(4.03)

The hong legends magazine version doesn`t have the monk scene or the mirror scene, but unfortunately the nunchuck scene is cut (only him hitting people is removed)

this is it(5.13)

This is getting more and more annoying!!

Guest Markgway

I knew there was a UK DVD without the monk scenes, but was censored. I just got the wrong one. Wonder how HKL managed this hybrid(?). What's the audio spec for the HKL, because I couldn't hear anything but mono in that Youtube clip.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Ok, not an ETD fan by any means, and I don't mean to derail the thread, but I just had to share this little nugget....

I was listening to the William Friedkin audio commentary for To Live and Die in L.A. when he said this..... "So Pat Johnson was the fight coordinator on this movie, great guy.... he also choreographed all the fight scenes on Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon...."

I switched off after that.

Ok, just had to share..... now you can all go back to bulding your perfect version of ETD....

Killer Meteor
Ok, not an ETD fan by any means, and I don't mean to derail the thread, but I just had to share this little nugget....

I was listening to the William Friedkin audio commentary for To Live and Die in L.A. when he said this..... "So Pat Johnson was the fight coordinator on this movie, great guy.... he also choreographed all the fight scenes on Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon...."

I switched off after that.

Ok, just had to share..... now you can all go back to bulding your perfect version of ETD....

Pat Johnson seemed to work on all US martial art films but his only decent work was on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Guest Markgway

Pat Johnston only worked on one scene in Enter.

"It's the dough, Roper, or we gotta break somethin'!"

Maybe he choreographed that bit for John Saxon, while Bruce was in Hong Kong?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Pat Johnston only worked on one scene in Enter.

"It's the dough, Roper, or we gotta break somethin'!"

Maybe he choreographed that bit for John Saxon, while Bruce was in Hong Kong?

The scene where the racist cops hassle Williams before he kicks their asses looks like it might have been Johnson's work too. Anyone know for sure?

TibetanWhiteCrane

I mean, it's not like I expect Friedkin to be an expert on HK cinema, but come on....

He can't seriously think that Pat fucking Johnson choreographed ALL the action on ETD.... nobody's that retarded.

I knew there was a UK DVD without the monk scenes, but was censored. I just got the wrong one. Wonder how HKL managed this hybrid(?). What's the audio spec for the HKL, because I couldn't hear anything but mono in that Youtube clip.

According to sony vegas it`s 5.1 surround (stereo downmix)

it`s the same audio as the special edition. i think

Guest Markgway

Maybe it was one of Warners' less offensive remixes?

I suppose they can't all be as bad as The Outlaw Josey Wales.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Maybe it was one of Warners' less offensive remixes?

I suppose they can't all be as bad as The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Are you talking about the Blu for THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES? I haven't picked it up yet. What's the story?

Guest Markgway

I haven't seen the BD but I would assume it's the same remix as the DVD which replaces all the original gunfire with late 80s style hand cannons.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I haven't seen the BD but I would assume it's the same remix as the DVD which replaces all the original gunfire with late 80s style hand cannons.

What?! :ooh: Are you serious? :neutral: That's lame beyond measure. Why would they do that? :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I'll hang on to my old DVD release then.

I saw this with my Dad in a theater in 1976. It was everything it was supposed to be then, and it still is. Why on Earth would anyone mess with it???!!! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Killer Meteor

Dirty Harry has the same problems.

Got the Hong Kong Legends version today, it is the same as the iTunes version so no need to source that one!

The hong legends magazine version doesn`t have the monk scene or the mirror scene, but unfortunately the nunchuck scene is cut

this is it(5.13)

Which 3 second part is missing from the mirror scene??

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
just compare the foreign dubs on the discs with the 5.1 English Audio. you'll hear the difference in an instant.

Thanks. Will do.

Sorry about the digression from the thread's real topic.

BTW, regarding the missing bit from the mirror scene- How big a geek am I? I like those three seconds. :squigglemouth: So it's a big deal to me too.

Guest Markgway
BTW, regarding the missing bit from the mirror scene- How big a geek am I? I like those three seconds. :squigglemouth: So it's a big deal to me too.

I was thinking the same thing, too... lol

Archived