Is this a Tong Gaai documentary?

peringaten

Was just video googling his Chinese name as I wanted to try & find an old clip I once saw of him & some guys performing on stage; couldn't find that but nevermind... found this, but can't for the life of me seem to play it, clicked the video link button & it just looks like it's loading... forever..., can't winzip the site's player rar as my free winzip's expired & I'm a massive luddite... google translating the page seems to suggest it'a a documentary on Tong Gaai?? Anyone got the know how & interest to give any skinny; I want to know more about this dude.

http://www.m1905.com/vod/info/605381.shtml

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Page won't work for me either, regardless of browser. TG is my man. As far as that clip. It was a TVB clip so they had it pulled from YT. The Cap'n had it. Maybe he can do something. Loved those live performances.

Brief skinny on him. Moved in with the Yuens at a young age and was taught opera style by old man Yuen. Hooked up with Kar Leung and became the action team back in their days. TG did the weapons and created many, while Kar Leung would do the unarmed stuff. They split when CC went to Taiwan. LKL went with him and TG stayed in HK. Went on to work primarily with Chor Yuen and then famously with Sun Chung.

Didn't work for me either. :squigglemouth:

Anyway, here's a little consolation prize courtesy of the Teako Archives. Enjoy.... :bigsmile:

TongGai1.jpg

TongGai2.jpg

Hey, dammit. Why the hell have you been sitting on this all of this time? Why have I not sen this earlier? I want answers. Dammit. Thanks.

Riiight. And the next thing you'll want to see is my copy of Tiger Boy I presume? :tongue:

Hey, dammit. Why the hell have you been sitting on this all of this time? Why have I not sen this earlier? I want answers. Dammit. Thanks.

Oh, that's great, cheers T. I guess the younger brother he's talking about is Wong Pau Gei also.

Tong Gaai deserves more kudos; funny he's so critical about his own directed efforts, I'd heard he had to be coerced into directing, but the creativity he put into those 3 films is astounding; humble guy it seems.

& Suet Nei, that's that chick from the one armed magic nun clip in that other thread right? Sharp couple them two then.

This is a part of a great series from mainland china. The Tong Chia segment is the only one with English subs, which I think are auto translated. They only kinda make sense.

this docu is really good, he talks about him working on jade bow with pops and working on shaolin intruders and shaolin prince, , peringaten i will pm you the player, as i can watch the vid but dont know how to download from this site my contact usually does it but he is not around, HAZ can you help ?

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

That's fantastic! Tang Chia ( Tong Gaai ) is awesome. I love his role in Avenging Eagle as well.

Archived