"One Armed Magic Nun" - Any Interest?

HAZ

Hmm... Curious! I will check my shipping list at the office tomorrow. I know yours was shipped. I distinctly remember your name.If I am not mistaken, your last name ends in F. It was only the PAL discs, and it was an error that I was making in authoring, one that I only found after I burnt 10 discs. It did slow me up - It was human error. I kept trying to burn a DVD with no audio track. I wasted hours trying to sort that out.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm... Curious! I will check my shipping list at the office tomorrow. I know yours was shipped. I distinctly remember your name.If I am not mistaken, your last name ends in Z. It was only the PAL discs, and it was an error that I was making in authoring, one that I only found after I burnt 10 discs.

If you meant my last name *begins* with an "F," you remember

correctly.

Someone else who ordered the NTSC version of The One-Armed

Magic Nun DVD, "Durian Dave" aka David Wells (who isn't a

member of the kungfucinema.com forums because he never

received an activation e-mail when he tried to register), e-mailed

to tell me that he hadn't received his yet, either.

correctly.

I'll check the list for him too, I have his email.

Thanks!

Just an FYI. New users do not receive an activation email just for signing up. They have to create a post requesting activation. Please let your friend know that Durian Dave is not in our list of users, so he will need to create a new user account and then post a request for activation.

"Durian Dave" aka David Wells (who isn't a

received an activation e-mail when he tried to register)

correctly.

I hadn't received mine too.

With this wonderful release from Haz, I made a DVD cover back in the days but it seems that it didn't make the cut lol. Anyhow, I am offering it as a free download if anybody who purchased the project wants it.

PM me and I will send you the full res. image for you to print.

1196mq1.jpg

post-8734-144191898892_thumb.jpg

One Armed Boxer
With this wonderful release from Haz, I made a DVD cover back in the days but it seems that it didn't make the cut lol. Anyhow, I am offering it as a free download if anybody who purchased the project wants it.

Mate I would be happy just to receive the DVD at the moment, paid for it over 3 months ago and still don't have anything, then just to top it all off Haz has become like the Glimmer Man....he was here, and then, he wasn't.

I think he's trying to match the record set by your 'Miss, Please Be Patient' release.:tongue: I just hope this is as worth waiting for as that movie was.

Mate I would be happy just to receive the DVD at the moment,

paid for it over 3 months ago and still don't have anything [. . .]

A friend of mine and I were both refunded and told that we would

receive replacement copies for free. Neither the discs that were

(supposedly) originally sent *nor* their replacements ever arrived

at either of our two addresses.

One Armed Boxer
A friend of mine and I were both refunded and told that we would

receive replacement copies for free. Neither the discs that were

(supposedly) originally sent *nor* their replacements ever arrived

at either of our two addresses.

That's really disappointing to hear. Did you request the refund directly through Paypal? I may have to do the same thing. The most frustrating thing is that each message I've sent to Haz, I can see he's been active on the forum after I've sent it, but he hasn't bothered to send any response.

That's really disappointing to hear. Did you request the refund directly through Paypal?

No. HAZ voluntarily refunded my PayPal account.

One Armed Boxer

HAZ, there are only so many PM's I'm going to send you, and prompts in the forum I'm going to ask you to respond to, before I consider you nothing more than a thief.

That point is now here. It's impossible for me to request a refund through Paypal due to the fact you have to do it within 45 days of payment, which for me was back at the beginning of November.

I don't have the movies I paid for, you've refused to give any information around when you supposedly sent them out, you've clearly been active on the forum in the time after I've sent messages to you, and now you also have my money with no way of me getting it back.

You're a disgrace to the forum mate, and the fact that you're a moderator makes your actions even more shameful.

Well, maybe he was sick, had an accident, lost his job or had to cope with a family tragedy or some other sort of domestic drama... if not, this behaviour is simply inexcusable! And him being a mod of all people should be aware that these antics (not responding to PM’s, etc) can easily erode people’s confidence not just in the said mod, but in the platform as such. Crazy...

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah, I hope it gets sorted out, hate to see a fellow board member go though this ordeal. I wish you guys luck, be safe!

One Armed Boxer
Well, maybe he was sick, had an accident, lost his job or had to cope with a family tragedy or some other sort of domestic drama

If this was the case, if he still somehow found time to log into the forum after I'd sent several messages to him, I'm sure he could have also found the time to spend 2 minutes and send me a quick message with an update.

As it stands though, I can confirm that none of the above is true, as I know other forum members who have been it touch with him as recently as 1 week ago. There's simply no excuse for his behaviour.

When you sell DVDs or anything else, ship when you get paid and if there is a problem thereafter, don't ignore the buyer who gave you money and fix the problem. If you can't fix the problem then quickly refund the purchase price. It's simple common sense and the right thing to do. Been doing this for over 10 years and good service always works, trust me. Jamal is the same way.

Received today along with some free dics from HAZ - Looks great!! HAZ Delivers again!

One Armed Boxer

I'm very happy to say that I can now declare this close to 5 month long saga closed. A package arrived yesterday with 'Okinawa Yakuza Wars', 'One Armed Magic Nun', & 'The Water Margin'. No 'One Armed Magic Nun' cover which I originally paid for, but considering HAZ refunded my money, this can hardly classify as a complaint.

I will say that there should be lessons learnt here. I'm all for these fan funded projects, made by fans for the fans, and despite my experience with HAZ in this instance, I'll still contribute to the work these guys do as I'm sure it takes a lot of effort to get it right.

However I think when you decide to take on one of these custom projects, you have to do it with the mindset of once the movie is completed and ready to be distributed, this is 50% of the work complete, not 100%. The other 50% is equally as important, and that's the customer service aspect of sending the movie out to the people who have already paid you, answering their queries in a timely manner should they have any, and just generally making sure that, as they're the ones who have funded your project, they aren't left feeling like they've been left out to dry and ripped off.

Both the Houndslow guys & HAZ have fallen victim to this mentality of, once declaring the movies have been sent out, it's ok to disappear off the face of the earth when it comes to any PM's or questions which have been raised on the forum, because they seem to think that their job is done. The fact that after all which was said both on the forums and over PM regarding this issue, the only communication HAZ made on the subject is not even a 2 line post on the 'Okinawa Yakuza Wars' thread saying he'd been in China & Toronto doesn't mean anything, and is certainly not an excuse for the lack of contact.

The DVD's I've received look great, and I can't wait to watch them, I'm just hoping the quality of the movies will wash away the bad taste of the months I've now spent inquiring without any response about when I'll get them. You guys obviously put a lot of time and effort into making these custom DVD's, my wish is just that you don't devalue all that effort by souring the very people that you've made it for. My PM's and questions posted right here on the forum could have been answered in less than a minute, a simple "I'm overseas right now, shall post them when I get back in 2 weeks" would have sufficed, and I'd have been happy.

As it is though, thanks for finally sending them to me, and I'm grateful to have received them.

PS I've also posted this in the 'Sellers and Traders to Avoid' and 'Okinawa Yakuza Wars' threads.

Archived