"One Armed Magic Nun" - Any Interest?

HAZ

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Hi!

Everything is done. Just looking for another film to throw in as a freebie! :)

How about the Sonny Chiba yakuza film you subbed- OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS (1976, aka. The Great Okinawan Yakuza Wars; Terror of Yakuza; Okinawa Yakuza Senso)? :smile:

For kicks, I made a trailer. :)

I enjoyed watching the trailer and the picture looks pretty decent. Shame it doesn't look like my cup of tea though. One thing I had to say though there wasn't a whole lot of that one armed magic nun in the trailer.:tongue:

How about the Sonny Chiba yakuza film you subbed- OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS (1976, aka. The Great Okinawan Yakuza Wars; Terror of Yakuza; Okinawa Yakuza Senso)? :smile:

I'll 2nd this choice.

WHOA!! Haz, you've GOTTA put this out!!!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Us Chiba fanatics would be eternally grateful!!

One Armed Boxer
How about the Sonny Chiba yakuza film you subbed- OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS (1976, aka. The Great Okinawan Yakuza Wars; Terror of Yakuza; Okinawa Yakuza Senso)?

I'll fourth this choice!:tongue:

Or if not that, how about the releases of 'The Association' and 'Which is Stronger, Karate or Tiger?' which you previously mentioned putting out?

Not to harp on it too much HAZ, but if you've already subbed OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS, then PLEASE include that as the co-feature. That would be beyond awesome. I think I might want to see that even more than ... Magic Nun, actually.

Hi Guys!

I plane to release Karate & Tiger with another Kurata film, and include some extras. I plan on doing the Association with an Angela Mao special secret project, and Okinawa I will release with another secret thing... :)

Thanks!

h

Hi Guys!

I plane to release Karate & Tiger with another Kurata film, and include some extras. I plan on doing the Association with an Angela Mao special secret project, and Okinawa I will release with another secret thing... :)

Thanks!

Angela Mao special secret project??:biggrin:

• Administrator
Hi Guys!

Thanks!

h

But when? :ooh:

I told you years ago that "I will be holding my breath in anticipation until you release OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS" and I have suffered both lung and brain damage as a result. I am now under doctor's orders to "stop holding your breath". However, I turned the doc on to the films of Sonny Chiba, and he is now also holding his breath for this subbed DVD as well! This could easily lead to a worldwide health crisis HAZ, so please release OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS next. :nerd: Thank you. :wink:

I just worry people will be disappointed in Okinawa, but I think I finally found something suitable to match it with! Chiba fans will be happy!

• Administrator
I just worry people will be disappointed in Okinawa, but I think I finally found something suitable to match it with! Chiba fans will be happy!

Yeah, you said that before, but I don't see the problem. People that are Sonny Chiba fans will dig this film. So it's not a karate film. So what. I'll help by making an announcement right now-

For anyone potentially interested in the film OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS, Sonny Chiba is a co-star, and plays a violent yakuza. This is NOT a karate film. It's a gangster film.

Problem solved bro. If someone doesn't read the description of the film, tough shit. You sell it, we'll buy it. Just write "no refunds" at the bottom of your post.

Hi Folks,

I have been combing through the collection, looking for something to include as a freebies. The envelopes are big, and the shipping is the same price, so why not? I am afraid I can't give away stuff like The Chiba & Kurata films, but I have some things lying around that are cool.

I don't know if this would interest anyone, but I have a Shih Szu/Champ Wang film called "The Reformed Gambler". Also, I was thinking of throwing in the 1st DVD from the 1997 version of "The Water Magin" as a sampler of sorts. This is probably my favorite KF/Wuxia series. If you're feeling a bit of "Kung Fatigue", this will re-ignite your fire. This was awesome, and I hope it gets people looking for the rest of the series. I never hear people talk about it much, but it's my favorite iteration of The Water Magin. I found it addictive and want to spread the word about it.

Also, if you're looking for any random stuff, let me know. I might have it :)

peace &

thanks

h

Hi Folks,

I have been combing through the collection, looking for something to include as a freebies. The envelopes are big, and the shipping is the same price, so why not? I am afraid I can't give away stuff like The Chiba & Kurata films, but I have some things lying around that are cool.

I don't know if this would interest anyone, but I have a Shih Szu/Champ Wang film called "The Reformed Gambler". Also, I was thinking of throwing in the 1st DVD from the 1997 version of "The Water Magin" as a sampler of sorts. This is probably my favorite KF/Wuxia series. If you're feeling a bit of "Kung Fatigue", this will re-ignite your fire. This was awesome, and I hope it gets people looking for the rest of the series. I never hear people talk about it much, but it's my favorite iteration of The Water Magin. I found it addictive and want to spread the word about it.

peace &

thanks

h

Sounds good to me, HAZ. Especially since you said it was a freebie. :angel:

And just to clarify, I never meant for Okinawan Yakuza Wars to be included as a free bonus. I meant that I would be perfectly willing to pay for that and Magic Nun as a double bill ala Za Karate 2 and 3. For fans who have been wanting to see it, it's frustrating to know that it's been made, but remains out of reach; y'know? :cry:

• Administrator
Hi Folks,

peace &

thanks

h

HAZ, I certainly wasn't suggesting giving away any of these projects. I've bought each and every one of the projects that you've done, and supported and promoted them to others as well. So you know I respect what you've done. But I am extremely frustrated that you mention titles, get everyone excited about them, then instead of releasing them you mention completely different new titles! How can you ask "if you're looking for any random stuff, let me know. I might have it"? :ooh: I (and many others) have already clearly declared that I DO WANT the titles that you already mentioned long ago and told us you've already finished. I don't care about THE WATER MARGIN (though I've heard it's good) or anything else right now. I want OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS. I can't be any more clear about it brother. Please tell me what you need (in total) to release this project and I will make it happen. I assume you want to recoup your translation fees, cover the cost of the discs and postage, and perhaps make a few dollars. Please put your offer on the table and I'll make it happen and all the fans can enjoy what you have done.

HAZ, I certainly wasn't suggesting giving away any of these projects. I've bought each and every one of the projects that you've done, and supported and promoted them to others as well. So you know I respect what you've done. But I am extremely frustrated that you mention titles, get everyone excited about them, then instead of releasing them you mention completely different new titles! How can you ask "if you're looking for any random stuff, let me know. I might have it"? :ooh: I (and many others) have already clearly declared that I DO WANT the titles that you already mentioned long ago and told us you've already finished. I don't care about THE WATER MARGIN (though I've heard it's good) or anything else right now. I want OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS. I can't be any more clear about it brother. Please tell me what you need (in total) to release this project and I will make it happen. I assume you want to recoup your translation fees, cover the cost of the discs and postage, and perhaps make a few dollars. Please put your offer on the table and I'll make it happen and all the fans can enjoy what you have done.

Sure thing, Bob. We will discuss it for sure! I just want to keep this thread on topic. PM me and we'll get something going once this thing is finally wrapped up :)

One Armed Boxer
HAZ, I certainly wasn't suggesting giving away any of these projects. I've bought each and every one of the projects that you've done, and supported and promoted them to others as well. So you know I respect what you've done. But I am extremely frustrated that you mention titles, get everyone excited about them, then instead of releasing them you mention completely different new titles! How can you ask "if you're looking for any random stuff, let me know. I might have it"? I (and many others) have already clearly declared that I DO WANT the titles that you already mentioned long ago and told us you've already finished. I don't care about THE WATER MARGIN (though I've heard it's good) or anything else right now. I want OKINAWAN YAKUZA WARS. I can't be any more clear about it brother. Please tell me what you need (in total) to release this project and I will make it happen. I assume you want to recoup your translation fees, cover the cost of the discs and postage, and perhaps make a few dollars. Please put your offer on the table and I'll make it happen and all the fans can enjoy what you have done.

Have to second Bob's comments here, I've also purchased every project that's been put out by Haz, and been more than pleased with all of them! I'll no doubt purchase 'One Armed Magic Nun' as well, but in all honesty, had I heard about it before this thread? No. & while I'm sure there are other forum members that have, I'm pretty sure the majority of folk on here might not have heard of it either.

'Okinawan Yakuza Wars' on the other hand has had people begging for it to be released for years. It got mentioned in just the very 4th post of the 'Japanese Unsubbed Treasures!' thread dating back to January 2010 (http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9745), which is over 3 years ago! I'd happily wait another year for 'One Armed Magic Nun' if 'Okinawan Yakuza Wars' would be released tomorrow, and since hearing the subtitling of it was actually done and dusted a long time ago, it's almost cruel to keep holding it back!

Hi,

I am REALLY proud of the work I put into One Armed Magic Nun. I think people will enjoy it. I would like to keep this topic on subject, but I promise that OYW will be next :)

Thanks!

the cover art looks awesome haz,when i see you do this only from screen caps,respect.

By future projects if you need any stills please feel free and drop me a e-mail,i will do my best and help you for this super great hard work.

Jamal

Archived