Samurai Cop (1991) & Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance (2015)

wackiechan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

Trailer definitely looks like the so-bad-it's-good variety, could it be this years 'Miami Connection'?

MTd2BZggats

ShaOW!linDude

Wow.....just......wow. I don't even know which quip I want to write. How did I ever miss that one during my stoner days?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Holy shit! :tongue: That looks terrible! Yet... I'm so curious... :xd:

The MANIAC COP himself swinging that sword like a big fly-swatter is what sealed the deal for me.

It IS terrible; one of the most God-awful non-movies ever made. The entire thing from beginning to end is just one BIG WTF moment... and I was on the floor laughing the whole time. If you like so bad it's good movies, then it doesn't get any better worser than this! :tongue:

TibetanWhiteCrane

I like cheesy trash cinema as much as the next guy, but this just looks like unwatchable garbage.

One Armed Boxer

Despite some rumors circulating around that the star of 'Samurai Cop' Matt Hannon was actually dead, it turns out he's alive and well, and is in fact in the middle of shooting its sequel!

Somehow they've managed to rope none other than 'Stoner' himself George Lazenby to also be part of the cast, along with a selection of Penthouse models (one of whom amusingly states in the promotional video that she has no idea what part she'll be playing!:ooh:).

The movie has launched a Kickstarter campaign to gain additional funding, so if you're interested to check it out, click the link below -

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/samuraicop2/samurai-cop-2-deadly-vengeance

fv125sP1iWc

That's...insane.....that's a big WTH...that's an OMG...okay when's it coming out because I want to see this...actually looks a little better than the original. Looks like he uses the sword more than he did in the first film.

I think it looks pretty bad. It has this "hey, let's make an intentionally bad movie and hope people are gonna laugh" attitude that is common for directors who don't quite understand genre cinema. Although that's not to say the original was "good". In fact, the original is one of the very few films that actually can be described as "so bad it's good".

I think it looks pretty bad. It has this "hey, let's make an intentionally bad movie and hope people are gonna laugh" attitude that is common for directors who don't quite understand genre cinema. Although that's not to say the original was "good". In fact, the original is one of the very few films that actually can be described as "so bad it's good".

Exactly why I want to see this!!! :tongue:

My sentiments exactly.

47 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Don't ask my why, but I decided to put myself through the sequel.  As an act of self-cleansing, I gave it the full review treatment.  Didn't help though.:tongueout

http://cityonfire.com/samurai-cop-2-deadly-vengeance-2015-review/

I know I've said I wanted to see this, but I'm still avoiding it for now...OAB,  you made my day with this quote in your review:

"Mel Novak who looks like he’s already half embalmed" I read that and I was dying! I thought the same thing when he was in Drifter TKD and that was a shot-on-video like quality LOL

Archived