Vengeance of an Assassin (2014) - Panna Rittikrai's Final Movie, Starring Dan Chupong

Drunken Monk

If something doesn't look good, you shouldn't do it or you figure out a way around it. In Hollywood, at least a train will always look like a train. The problem with bad CGI is that it completely takes me out of a movie. I couldn't even concentrate on the action because the crappy background was too distracting. Even if Panna couldn't oversee this in post production because of his health, what idiot producer would look at that and say "welp, that looks good. We'll really compete in the market with these effects." Someone needed to step up and they didn't.

If I'm being too negative, I apologize. Like I said, this is an important action film and I liked it. I just wish I didn't have to "forgive" so much...

i can sort of spot even the hollywood cgi . All of it usually likes like watching a computer game to me. e.g spider man. He flows through air and can tell its so fake. it is bit like watching a cartoon. look at explosions in full contact great real explosions. . you can tell even the hollywood explosions just do no have same impact. If you check you main hollywood films now half of time they contain alot of cgi crap and you really can tell.

Probably was a good thing he did not master cgi as maybe you would get even more of it as they would choose cgi stunt over the real stunt. . Admittedly the cgi in thailand is playstation 3 quality. I sort found the whole movie to have a charm though and i was entertained by the movie. If you start going through everything and criticizing. What happens is you end up eradicate all its quirks and in the end the movie becomes dull and boring .All the stuff like owl, soccer dream, mmen falling without being shot etc all add to entertainment. Gareth Evans is good but just a copycat and not an innovator of action. John woo , panna rakattari and Ringo lam ( for full contact) are

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i can sort of spot even the hollywood cgi . All of it usually likes like watching a computer game to me. e.g spider man. He flows through air and can tell its so fake. it is bit like watching a cartoon. look at explosions in full contact great real explosions. . you can tell even the hollywood explosions just do no have same impact. If you check you main hollywood films now half of time they contain alot of cgi crap and you really can tell.

Probably was a good thing he did not master cgi as maybe you would get even more of it as they would choose cgi stunt over the real stunt. . Admittedly the cgi in thailand is playstation 3 quality. I sort found the whole movie to have a charm though and i was entertained by the movie. If you start going through everything and criticizing. What happens is you end up eradicate all its quirks and in the end the movie becomes dull and boring .All the stuff like owl, soccer dream, mmen falling without being shot etc all add to entertainment. Gareth Evans is good but just a copycat and not an innovator of action. John woo , panna rakattari and Ringo lam ( for full contact) are

The best CGI is often small and very subtle, it can help you if done right. You say watching a Hollywood film is like watching a computer game. Well, if Thailand CGI is PS3 level as you also say, what do you think it felt like watching those fighters on top of that train?? Or that helicopter going down? An older, crappier video game. I'm not sure what a better solution would have been, other than not having the fight there. Maybe zoom in closer to the fighters so you can't see all that terribly fake background. My point is they should have tried harder to make it a better scene. I'm sorry, but bad film-making isn't "charming" to me. Just because you are all about dangerous stunts and action, doesn't mean you shouldn't put good effort into the visual effects, script, and timing issues with stunt men. That's all I'm trying to say. And let me reiterate again: I LIKE this film. I just wished they could have fixed some of this stuff. The result would have been a better movie. What we have now is still fun and entertaining, though, and I'm thankful for that.

Stars wars need CGI. But most action movies CGI is overused every big scene explosion or stunt.We now get tons of super hero movies instead of proper action films .They just do the CGI as easier even though cost is probably same.

They should use as little cgi , wires and shakey cam as possible. Skin trade looks far superior for being less CGI.

Undisputed 2 and 3 also.

Archived