Lady Bloodfight (2015)

ShaOW!linDude

Like I mentioned, I liked the story of Lady Bloodfight, but I wish they edited the fights better. 

I still have yet to see FFC but I'm planning to check it out when it comes out here in August. 

I can't wait to see her in Accident Man against Scott Adkins and I kinda wished they were able to continue the Dragon Ball Z web series where she played Android 18.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Watched this tonight. I liked it well enough. Decent story. Johnston is a promising actress and certainly enjoyable to watch. She's gets bloodied up enough. (You know how some stars just look cool when they're all beat up, like Bruce Willis or Brad Pitt? Well, Johnston is the female equivalent of that. Or maybe I'm a smitten kitten.) However, it's true that the fight direction is pretty lacking. It has its moments, but they aren't as many as I'd have liked. The choreography is rather basic and standard with a nice move here and there. Honestly, it's the filming and editing that really detract. Look, I've seen way worse, but this should've been a lot better. Having said that, I don't regret the purchase because I'd like to see her do more and consider this a stepping stone in the path to pairing her with the right people who will know how to give her talents a proper showcase. I'd watch it again, but it'll be a while. I also think what she really needs is a couple of good costarring roles like Rothrock in the 80's to build her rep, screen presence, and filmography. 

• Like 4

kingofkungfu2002

^^More positive than most of the reviews I've read anyway. I still have this to watch, so I might put it nearer the top of the pile.

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane

DON'T DO IT, TIGER... JUST PUT IT IN THE BIN... UNSEEN!

Edited by TibetanWhiteCrane
  • Like 3

FightingFool

It was OK. Fights could have been bit longer and better choreographed but have seen often far worse than here. Story was bit on weak side or more like too familiar stuff. Missing father added about zero to plot. Actors were good enough. Positive note there was weapon rounds too, that is not so usual thing in these kind of films. I think original bloodfight had such too.or was it shootfighter, been too long time since saw them...

Not bad at all, was worth €9.95

• Like 2