Lady Bloodfight (2015)

ShaOW!linDude

I'd like to see her in a fight scene well filmed and edited, I fear this will be too eye candy with sloppy fights. I did a little research and she seems legit as a martial artist but can she screen fight? Let's hope Bey gets a talented choregrapher & gives them time to film something good.

Not sure what's going on with this now, but another female martial artist named Amy Johnston was to have gotten the lead role.

To see what she can do, she will play Android 18 in the upcoming web series DRAGON BALL Z: THE LIGHT OF HOPE. She's actually quite good IMO.

OpiumKungFuCracker

As long as it's not another Raze, that Zoe Bell joint, Holy shit has anyone seen Raze? The acting was awful, the fight scenes were gratuitous and visceral and the plot was ridiculous with no soul and no sense of irony. It was like the filmmakers were filling in their own sick perverse fantasy just because they had a female cast. You take out the female cast and put in dudes it's the same fucking movie, so what was the point in doing in with a female cast? Woman empowerment has to stand for something not to fill in some sick fucking fantasy of a dude's ego. You guys know what I'm talking about? Was the movie meant to be something else, is it a horror movie? Maybe I must've watched it in a different light.

As long as it's not another Raze, that Zoe Bell joint, Holy shit has anyone seen Raze? The acting was awful, the fight scenes were gratuitous and visceral and the plot was ridiculous with no soul and no sense of irony. It was like the filmmakers were filling in their own sick perverse fantasy just because they had a female cast. You take out the female cast and put in dudes it's the same fucking movie, so what was the point in doing in with a female cast? Woman empowerment has to stand for something not to fill in some sick fucking fantasy of a dude's ego. You guys know what I'm talking about? Was the movie meant to be something else, is it a horror movie? Maybe I must've watched it in a different light.

I'm not sure a lot of these type of movies have anything to do with female empowerment. It's great seeing women who can really kick arse but I'm sick to death of watching female models/actresses with no skills or athleticism, taking on fighting roles just because of their looks. If you look the women from the Hong Kong Golden age of action martial arts cinema, the ones we've raved about weren't just pretty girls, They trained and trained, did their own stunts and took their knocks just like one of the guys. That was female empowerment.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'm not sure a lot of these type of movies have anything to do with female empowerment. It's great seeing women who can really kick arse but I'm sick to death of watching female models/actresses with no skills or athleticism, taking on fighting roles just because of their looks. If you look the women from the Hong Kong Golden age of action martial arts cinema, the ones we've raved about weren't just pretty girls, They trained and trained, did their own stunts and took their knocks just like one of the guys. That was female empowerment.

I understand that but the movie was done in such a vile way. Woman locked up and force to kill each other, which to me that plot line has been done a billion times. It's not entertaining at the least. Of course it's just my opinion.

I understand that but the movie was done in such a vile way. Woman locked up and force to kill each other, which to me that plot line has been done a billion times. It's not entertaining at the least. Of course it's just my opinion.

I can't say that appeals to me either.:squigglemouth:

Looks like there is a small title change and a director has been announced

Chris Nahon, director of Kiss of the Dragon and Blood: The Last Vampire will be directing the film, now called. LADY BLOODFIGHT

post-138-144191901993_thumb.jpeg

Saw some recent photos on Bey Logan's FB page. One has him with Chris Nahon, who will be directing and the other has Amy Johnston and cast training with none other than Xiong Xin-Xin!!!

Yup, Xiong Xin Xin is the martial arts choreographer for the film. They are fast tracking pre-production

Quick update: Shooting wrapped on LADY BLOODFIGHT last month. The film is in post-production.

Chris Nahon (Kiss of the Dragon) directed, Bey Logan was producer, Michael Abramowicz was cinematographer, Xiong Xin-Xin was action director.

Got the full line up of female fighters in the tournament with character names from Bey Logan's FB page:

Amy Johnston (Jane), Jet Tranter (Cassidy), Mayling Ng (Svietta), Candy Sofia Chan (Kim), Nathaliea Ng (Aung), Lisa Henderson (Netanya), Chalinene Bassinah (Alia), Rosemary Vandenbroucke (Yara), Lauren Rhoden (Van), Sunny Coelst (Jaa), Xiao Xia (Wong).

Vertical Entertainment scored the U.S. rights and are planning a limited theatrical release on May 5 and a DVD release on June 6 according to Amazon. North American trailer:

51kzSVnyAEL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Lady-Bloodfight/dp/B06XXR7HWB/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491335817&sr=8-2&keywords=lady+bloodfight

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Don't wanna burst anyones bubble, but let me save you people some money... saw this a few months ago, and it is garbage. The cast as such is not horrible, but their dialogue is, and in terms of action, there is some real talent in here, but tha doesn't matter cuz the choreo, cam work and editing is utter crap. It's not Blood Bond awful.... but it's close.... and the ending is a joke. I can't imagine who would like this, but go ahead and ignore my opinion if you want.... it is still just an opinion.

• Like 5

On 4/5/2017 at 10:39 AM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Don't wanna burst anyones bubble, but let me save you people some money... saw this a few months ago, and it is garbage. The cast as such is not horrible, but their dialogue is, and in terms of action, there is some real talent in here, but tha doesn't matter cuz the choreo, cam work and editing is utter crap. It's not Blood Bond awful.... but it's close.... and the ending is a joke. I can't imagine who would like this, but go ahead and ignore my opinion if you want.... it is still just an opinion.

I have to agree on this one, except the storyline intrigued me with the two Kumite rivals having to choose someone to represent them for the next Kumite. But for me, the cardinal sin of editing martial arts action in a martial arts movie was committed. Aside from a few decent slow motion shots of the tornado kick to the grounded opponent on a few occasions, there was too much quick cutting and close ups that it wasted Xiong's choreography let alone the cast. The ending didn't give any fireworks. Based on the premise itself, I was fair and gave it a C- on my blog but the fights' editing was a joke. 

Thankfully, Johnston looks to have some redemption from the trailer in Female Fight Squad/Club. Jet Tranter will be seen in Thor: Ragnarok as one of the Valkyrie sisters and Mayling Ng plays one of the Amazonian warriors in Wonder Woman

• Like 2

Mike Leeder

such a waste of all the talent involved in this movie, they all deserved better

Johnston's is an exceptional martial artist its strange that neither LBF or Female Fight Squad/Fight Club has really showcased what she can do.... here's to seeing her kick ass in Accident Man

• Like 3

For all it's faults (cliches abound, some bad editing in a lot of the fight scenes, a force ghost turning up), I mostly liked Lady Bloodfight. 

Female Fight Club is poorer in almost every department, but oddly enough I found myself invested in the story somewhat - and it has Dolph in it, which is always a plus, of course.

Johnston definitely deserves much better.

• Like 2

ShaOW!linDude
On 6/12/2017 at 6:17 AM, Karlos said:

For all it's faults (cliches abound, some bad editing in a lot of the fight scenes, a force ghost turning up), I mostly liked Lady Bloodfight. 

Female Fight Club is poorer in almost every department, but oddly enough I found myself invested in the story somewhat - and it has Dolph in it, which is always a plus, of course.

Johnston definitely deserves much better.

This is promising to know. I'm sure neither of these are the best films in the world, but our tastes are often concurrent. I can overlook a lot of sucky aspects if the fights are decent.

• Like 2

I think Lady Bloodfight is worth a view, but maybe not if it means speding good money.

FFC, probably not. 

• Like 2