Crows Explode (2014)

Takuma

decided to give this a topic of its own.

Toshiaki Toyoda to direct new Crows movie “Crows EXPLODE”

- http://www.nipponcinema.com/blog/toshiaki-toyoda-to-direct-new-crows-movie-crows-explode

Wow, this is interesting. Although Toyoda's last two films (Monster's Club and I'm Flash) has been a bit underwhelming, his early 2000's films are gems, especially Hanging Garden, and the high school violence film Blue Spring.

Blue Spring trailer:

Trailer for Crows Explode (this came fast):

http://www.crows-movie.jp/trailer/promo.html

via wildgrounds

Though I'm not holding my breath yet, I gotta say I was amused with the sakura.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New trailer:

The trailer doesn't look that interesting - I was expecting more from a Toshiaki Toyoda film. But perhaps the film is better. Let's see.

Is this a series of movies, or a remake?

A series of films based on the manga of the same title:

Crows Zero (Miike) (2007)

Crows Zero 2 (Miike) (2009)

Crows Explode (Toyoda) (2014)

Secret Executioner
A series of films based on the manga of the same title:

Crows Zero (Miike) (2007)

Crows Zero 2 (Miike) (2009)

Crows Explode (Toyoda) (2014)

Funny, I was wondering whether this film would be linked to the Crows Zero one (which I have but still haven't watched yet). Picked it up mainly because of the good I had read of Miike - and I didn't know there had been a sequel.

I hated the first film, but liked the second one quite a bit. So I decided to give the first a second chance - and still hated it. Also watched the second film again - and still liked it. At least I learned to trust myself :tongue:

By no means they are anywhere near Miike's top films. He's done tons of more remarkable films.

• Administrator

I've also never seen these. I own both of the Miike films, but haven't watched them yet.

By no means they are anywhere near Miike's top films. He's done tons of more remarkable films.

Just curious Takuma- what are some of your favorite Miike films? I'm a big fan of his older stuff.

I

Just curious Takuma- what are some of your favorite Miike films? I'm a big fan of his older stuff.

Audition, Dead or Alive, Gozu, Yatterman, The Great Yokai War, Ichi the Killer, Fudoh...

... and bunch of films I haven't seen for 10 years and can't remember well enough to make comments.

The thing about Miike is that he's made so many films that when you finally catch up with the latest, you've already forgot about the earliest :tongue:

He's never been consistently great, but until around 2005 he was consistently interesting. After 2005 he became really uneven.. e.g. hated Crows Zero, but found Crows Zero 2 good, loved Yatterman, thought For Love's Sake was miserable...

The first two crows movies are some of my favorite movies.. I'm beyond excited. Is their a way to watch the movie online? I won't be able to see this for a few months

Was wondering if anyone has seen this yet? This and the raid were my two must watches of 2014. Wondering if it was worth the 3-5 year wait

I know this dvd has been out for over a month but with no English subs.. Does anyone have an update on when it will be out with subs? I've seen dozens of versions of the movie on YouTube with subs.. But no dvd/blu Ray.. I'm dying to see it

I have been waiting forever, hoping for an English subtitle blu Ray version of this film. At what point should I give up on that and just purchase the standard dvd? Does anyone know if a blu Ray version will be available anytime soon?

Archived