Pops best basheres.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Last night I was watching Two Graves of Kung Fu.

Here is Pops bashing his way through this, just alright flix.

Some great action, know doubt guided by him.

What are some of his other bashers you all would recommend?

We know he made so many.SHAPES flix.

But I am unfamiliar with his bashers as I never saw Two Graves of Kung Fu before.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last night I was watching Two Graves of Kung Fu.

Here is Pops bashing his way through this, just alright flix.

Some great action, know doubt guided by him.

What are some of his other bashers you all would recommend?

We know he made so many.SHAPES flix.

But I am unfamiliar with his bashers as I never saw Two Graves of Kung Fu before.

GD Y-Y

That's Pops' brother, the great Lau Kar Wing, in Two Graves of Kung Fu.

The Inheritor of Kung Fu.

Not to be confused with the Ti Lung film, right?

Used to see Two Graves... on rental shelves all the time back in the '80s, but never got around to renting it. Now, it's considered a rarity. :neutral:

Not to be confused with the Ti Lung film, right?

Used to see Two Graves... on rental shelves all the time back in the '80s, but never got around to renting it. Now, it's considered a rarity. :neutral:

It's a different film. The AKA for the Ti Lung film is The Heroic One.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Just to make it clear for those unfamiliar...

INHERITOR OF KUNG FU (1977, aka. Two Graves To Kung Fu) Starring Lau Kar-Wing

HEROIC ONE (1982, aka. The Inheritor of Kung Fu; Wu Tang Collection: Soul Collector) Starring Ti Lung

Hey GD Y-Y, it's not hard to confuse Lau Kar-Leung with his brother Lau Kar-Wing. They do look a lot alike. But you can always ID Pops by the prominent mole on his forehead, just above his right eyebrow, near the bridge of his nose.

The closest thing Lau Kar-Leung ever made to a basher film was the film NEW KILLERS IN TOWN (1990, aka, New Kids In Town). It also stars Chin Siu-Ho (FIST OF LEGEND) and Moon Lee (ANGEL). Though Pops uses traditional kung fu as always, he gets real down and dirty, fighting thugs with some brutal moves using a baseball bat at one point.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Just to make it clear for those unfamiliar...

INHERITOR OF KUNG FU (1977, aka. Two Graves To Kung Fu) Starring Lau Kar-Wing

HEROIC ONE (1982, aka. The Inheritor of Kung Fu; Wu Tang Collection: Soul Collector) Starring Ti Lung

Hey GD Y-Y, it's not hard to confuse Lau Kar-Leung with his brother Lau Kar-Wing. They do look a lot alike. But you can always ID Pops by the prominent mole on his forehead, just above his right eyebrow, near the bridge of his nose.

The closest thing Lau Kar-Leung ever made to a basher film was the film NEW KILLERS IN TOWN (1990, aka, New Kids In Town). It also stars Chin Siu-Ho (FIST OF LEGEND) and Moon Lee (ANGEL). Though Pops uses traditional kung fu as always, he gets real down and dirty, fighting thugs with some brutal moves using a baseball bat at one point.

RIGHT KFB that mole.....and they do look alike that's for sure.

This movie was on the box set: Essentials of Kung Fu featuring the movies Lau Kar-Leung and I guess his brother as well.

So one can still find IT as I bought this box set at FYE in Minnesota last week.

The title...... my mistake is: TWO GRAVES TO KUNG FU 1973.

Here it is on You Tube full movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJiA79de-Wg

Enjoy.

GD Y-Y

odioustrident

You talking about this scene in A Bloody Fight? Love this one...

D7MD7Y-DOrs

Two Graves to Kung Fu is an important film in terms of teasing apart basher and shapes choreography. The Sek Kin / LKW training scenes are great as well as the final fight. HKMDB has recently changed the release date to '77, but it was always considered a much earlier release.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Oh, right you are! My mistake. Thanks bro. I was mixing NEW KILLERS IN TOWN up with A BLOODY FIGHT. They both have similar scenes of Pops in a modern day warehouse demolishing dudes in seriously nasty way. Here's the scene from NEW KILLERS IN TOWN, where Pops has a rare Tony Montana moment of dialogue!

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Two Graves to Kung Fu is an important film in terms of teasing apart basher and shapes choreography. The Sek Kin / LKW training scenes are great as well as the final fight. HKMDB has recently changed the release date to '77, but it was always considered a much earlier release.

I also thought this. The barrier between shapes and bashers.

GD Y-Y

RogueWarrior

D7MD7Y-DOrs

There is a Joy Sales DVD of this. Get it.

It's a different film. The AKA for the Ti Lung film is The Heroic One.

I've actually seen "Two Graves..." listed as an alternate title for "The Inheritor of Kung Fu". One was here:

http://www.rarekungfumovies.com/titles/title1771.html

Far East Flix does it also, even going as far as to say it's not to be confused with the 1981 Ti Lung film of the same name.

http://www.fareastflix.com/kung-fu/two-graves-to-kung-fu/

Or maybe it's just me; I'm often quite confused. :squigglemouth:

The HKMDB has definitely,absolutely and positively got their facts wrong on that date. The Inheritor Of Kung Fu was released between 1972 - 1974 at the Opera Cinema in my neck of the woods. I started my projection apprenticeship in 1977 way way after the film was released and the Ti Lung movie was released in the early 80s.

masterofoneinchpunch
The HKMDB has definitely,absolutely and positively got their facts wrong on that date. The Inheritor Of Kung Fu was released between 1972 - 1974 at the Opera Cinema in my neck of the woods. I started my projection apprenticeship in 1977 way way after the film was released and the Ti Lung movie was released in the early 80s.

HKFA has this to say:

05. 09. 1974. Taiwan release date.

11. 12. 1977 for the Hong Kong release date

Archived