Enter the Dragon- Bolo's Death Scene

thehangman

TibetanWhiteCrane

Both Bolo and Ko Fei was pretty cool in that flick. Funny enough, I didn't like Bruce Leung in it. Felt it didn't fit him very well.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
Anyone notice that in most of his films, Bolo fights whilst looking away from his opponent?

That's a trademark. He often pretends to be looking the other way.

Killer Meteor
I love it when Bolo randomly shows up for no reason.

Yeah, in Millionaire's Express, he's like suddenly there and then gone again.

The dude is awesome!

TibetanWhiteCrane

A bit of a tangent, but who do you think was biggest.... Bolo, Lee Chun Hwa or Frankie Chin.... at their peak?

Killer Meteor

I always found Roper's "point I won't beyond" moment a tad odd. Is he refusing to kill Lee, or refusing to fight him? Because lee had just had his bonds cut by Bolo, so was Roper chickening out?

DragonClaws
I always found Roper's "point I won't beyond" moment a tad odd. Is he refusing to kill Lee, or refusing to fight him? Because lee had just had his bonds cut by Bolo, so was Roper chickening out?

Id say Han was wanting Lee and Roper to fight it out, but when Roper refuses he gets Bolo to deal with him. The Roper character is not chickening out,but showing he's on Lee's side.

I could be wrong just my view my on it.

Shaolivevil
Id say Han was wanting Lee and Roper to fight it out, but when Roper refuses he gets Bolo to deal with him. The Roper character is not chickening out,but showing he's on Lee's side.

I could be wrong just my view my on it.

That's the way I always saw it...

Killer Meteor

On the subject of Saxon, did someone else (i.e. not Bruce) choreograph his fight on the golf course? Because you can actually see what's he doing there, and that's not a bad kick he's got. In his fight with Tony Liu, you can't see a thing!

Pat Johnson..."It's the dough Roper" choreagraphed that scene and used his two students (Mike Bissell and Darnell Garcia) as the other heavies.

DragonClaws

The golf course fight was the first scene they filmed befor leaving for Hong Kong. Which is why Pat Johnson staged the action scenes.

Killer Meteor
The golf course fight was the first scene they filmed befor leaving for Hong Kong. Which is why Pat Johnson staged the action scenes.

Ah...who would have thought Pat could stage a better fight scene than Bruce?

DragonClaws
Ah...who would have thought Pat could stage a better fight scene than Bruce?

I'm not a huge fan of Pat Johnson's fight choreography but that fight he staged for ETD is better than the Saxon/Liu fight. I'm not knocking Pat Johnson because he's a very capable and talented Martial Artist. I'm just not as keen on his style of movie fights that's all.

Killer Meteor
I'm not a huge fan of Pat Johnson's fight choreography but that fight he staged for ETD is better than the Saxon/Liu fight. I'm not knocking Pat Johnson because he's a very capable and talented Martial Artist. I'm just not as keen on his style of movie fights that's all.

I used to be hard on his choreography for Showdown In Little Tokyo, but looking again, it must have been bloody impossible to get 6.6 Dolph Lundgren to do a spinning kick in an enclosed environment.

The fights for the Ninja Turtles films are nicely done.

DragonClaws
I used to be hard on his choreography for Showdown In Little Tokyo, but looking again, it must have been bloody impossible to get 6.6 Dolph Lundgren to do a spinning kick in an enclosed environment.

The fights for the Ninja Turtles films are nicely done.

Its an enjoyable film that doesn't take itself too seriously. Lundgren performs a nice spinning heel kick in Dark Angel.

DragonClaws
the guard moving away his foot always get me!

Ive only watched the film a couple of times & cant recall that clip.

Archived