Long Arm of the Law DVDs and BDs

Takuma

What's the best DVD or BD edition for someone who cannot stand Fortune Star's audio terror? I suppose it's still the old Deltamac disc?

- The HK BD is listed as 5.1 rapemix. Assumably sucks. Anyone confirm?

- The Joy Sales DVD is listed to have mono, but assumably it's a downmix if a 5.1 rapemix, or at least terribly out of sync and crap quality. Am I right?

- Any other options?

I'd love to be proven wrong with my assumption.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own the HK BD and the new soundeffects are quite restrained....the picture quality is way better than the Remastered HK DVD....i recommend the HK BD....

I hate these pointless soundtrack/foley "enhancements" but it didn't bug me this time...the musical score itself seemed untouched, but i have to mention, that i don't have any hi end surround system or something like that, just a standard stereo system...

If you want good video and audio quality altogether, go for the remastered Joy Sales DVDs.

For great video quality alone, the Kam & Ronson BD.

If you want good video and audio quality altogether, go for the remastered Joy Sales DVD.

For great video quality alone, the Kam & Ronson BD.

Is the DVD mono track genuine and in sync?

no idea what's so great about the SD-Upscaled HK Bluray. Audio is also unbearable. As for Part 2, DVD has good mono. didn't notice any synch issues also. don't buy ANY Fortune Star 5.1 Mess if there's no Mono. they're all destroyed beyond hope. If anyone can live it with, fine. I can't stand that crap.

How about the mono track for the sequel?

Is that genuine and in-sync?

Part 2 has genuine mono soundtrack. Unfortunately Part 3 was released earlier than the first two which were released at the same time so it's missing the original mono soundtrack.

Yeah, genuine mono soundtrack (possibly from the Deltamac DVD) and in sync.

Thanks. I shall get that then.

Archived