Prodigal Son or Magnificent Butcher

fatcat

Drunken Monk

I've contemplated this thread since it was posted and I'm still not entirely sure which I prefer. Both have some of my favourite fights of all time but I think "Prodigal Son" just about takes it because I just love when Sammo is finally introduced.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've contemplated this thread since it was posted and I'm still not entirely sure which I prefer. Both have some of my favourite fights of all time but I think "Prodigal Son" just about takes it because I just love when Sammo is finally introduced.

lol, Yea these two movies have been duking it out in my mind for some time. I dont think it would matter soo much if it didnt come down to Woo Ping vs Samo. Like you mentioned, both have my alltime fav fights also, but I cant decide. Did Lam Ching Ying and Yuen Biao have a better fight than LCY and Frankie Chan , Idk, I liked those elbow knives!! I think the PS end fight was better, technically.

RogueWarrior

Having seen BOTH of these in the theater on their 1st runs, I have to say Prodigal Son is still my fav of the 2. Its a more complete movie. However Lum Sai Wing does have a special place in my heart, Prodigal Son is a flat out better movie.

Having seen BOTH of these in the theater on their 1st runs, I have to say Prodigal Son is still my fav of the 2. Its a more complete movie. However Lum Sai Wing does have a special place in my heart, Prodigal Son is a flat out better movie.

"Benny Hill for the win!!" Always puts a smile on my face:wink: Where would you say MB is lacking?

I am propably only here who do not like prodigal son lot. Scenes with Sammo are great and end fight is superb but rest of movie..Well, not for me.

Magnificent Butcher I enjoyed more in general while parts I mentioned in PS might be better than anything in MB.

Warriors Two I have not seen but I own the fortune star disc and likely give it a go today.

Archived