Second Shout Factory Jackie Beginnings DVD in June

Guest Markgway

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please be uncut and subtitled, please be uncut and subtitled, please be uncut and subtitled...

::Checks Shout Factory's website and sees the following -

Language: English, Chinese

Subtitles: English

YES!!!

I wonder if (and hope that) they'll do Dragon Fist for the fourth one (maybe matched with Spiritual Kung Fu?)

Shout Factory is on the ball. Their Scream Factory division has released some great horror titles, so I hope they pick up some Shaw's...

I wonder if (and hope that) they'll do Dragon Fist for the fourth one (maybe matched with Spiritual Kung Fu?)

It'll probably be Half a loaf of Kung Fu/ Spiritual Kung Fu followed hopefully by Dragon Fist/ Fearless Hyena. That'll finish off all of the Lo Wei Jackie Chan films.

This is great because the Lo Wei films are the only Jackie Chan movies I don't have since I refuse to buy the crappy North American release that currently exist.

I bet it will be Dragon Fist/Half a Loaf of Kung Fu then Fearless Hyena I and II... seems like a more logical pairing.

I bet it will be Dragon Fist/Half a Loaf of Kung Fu then Fearless Hyena I and II... seems like a more logical pairing.

I'd be okay with that. :D (Well, the first one, anyway. I already own Fearless Hyena and don't see the need to replace it.)

Apparently, FYE already has the Shaolin Wooden Men/To Kill With Intrigue DVD on its shelves...but the DVD sleeve says "Dubbed in English." Yet Amazon and Shout Factory's own website say that they have a Chinese language track with English subtitles. Obviously, someone's wrong, and I'd like to find out who it is before I shell out any money on this.

Has anyone seen the previous Shout Factory releases of Jackie's early works? What's the story with them?

Killer Meteor

I wouldn't mind these only being dubs if they were the originals and genuine mono. Reviewers seem clueless at telling the difference between genuine mono and a remix.

I wouldn't mind these only being dubs if they were the originals and genuine mono. Reviewers seem clueless at telling the difference between genuine mono and a remix.

I certainly mind. If they're marketing them on their website as having Chinese language tracks with English subtitles, and that's not the case, then I don't want them. The Chinese track with English subtitles is the sole reason I'd want to get this version of these movies. (Not to mention the fact that I'd be wary of a company that can't get its facts straight about its own products.)

Killer Meteor
HKL put out nice DVD's of these, no? I doubt the shout factory dvd's will be better.

The HKLs were horribly remixed with fake monos. The exception was Fearless Hyena, which had genuine mono BUT it was out of sync in places.

HKL put out nice DVD's of these, no? I doubt the shout factory dvd's will be better.

We in the US can't play anything released by HKL without an all-region DVD player, which is not a feasible option for me (and it's not just because of cost), so I'm out of luck on that end.

We in the US can't play anything released by HKL without an all-region DVD player, which is not a feasible option for me (and it's not just because of cost), so I'm out of luck on that end.

Unlocking your player is relatively easy. That's what I did with my blu ray player. The only problem is if it plays PAL format or not, but it seems most newer players do. When I bought mine it didn't say anything on the box about being able to play PAL and the Best Buy salesman even straight up told me it didn't, but I didn't believe him and bought it anyways. I got it home, tried it out, and sure enough it did.

Fearless Hyena - Columbia Tristar. Was that one original mono? I have it but not near it to check right now.

Killer Meteor
Fearless Hyena - Columbia Tristar. Was that one original mono? I have it but not near it to check right now.

It was original but had syncing errors (not same as HKL) and crappy dubtitles.

Fealess Hyena II was the only Columbia one uncut, OAR and with proper in-sync Chinese audio.

Why not? You puter plays it for sure.. and you an get a region free pal converting player for as cheap as $50 .. region free blu ray with also does DVDs for about $150

Guest Markgway

Dragon Fist is the only Lo Wei/Jackie title I would even consider which is why (even assuming they don't fuck it up) I know it'll be paired with a shitty title.

If you have some money to spare.... the best dvd player or blu ray player to me are the oppo digital ones.

I have moved to a blu ray player now but before I was using oppo dv 980 and it has a excellent picture and sound quality plus it was region free and pal/ntsc compatible, so it plays anything.

Oppo-Digital-DV-980H

Archived