Gordon Liu's Best Performance

fatcat

Im talking martial performance. I thought he was great with Lau Kar Wing in "He Has Nothing But Kung Fu" and "Carry On Wiseguy" what do you guys think?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

Hmmm... either Heroes of the East due to the variety in styles that he performs, or 8 Diagram Pole Fighter for the sheer awesomosity of his pole skills. The duel with him and Ko Fei is my fave pole fight of all time and most def in my top 50 fights of HK cinema (which I will be making a full list of soon).

Drunken Monk

As much as I want to say "Dirty Ho" for the wine tasting fight, I suppose he wasn't the primary focus of the film as far as action goes.

I would say "Heroes of the East" and "Martial Club." The latter because the action in display is flawless and Gordon executes it just so.

Hmmm... either Heroes of the East due to the variety in styles that he performs, or 8 Diagram Pole Fighter for the sheer awesomosity of his pole skills. The duel with him and Ko Fei is my fave pole fight of all time and most def in my top 50 fights of HK cinema (which I will be making a full list of soon).

Great picks, Cant wait to see that list, super curious about the top 10!!

As much as I want to say "Dirty Ho" for the wine tasting fight, I suppose he wasn't the primary focus of the film as far as action goes.

I would say "Heroes of the East" and "Martial Club." The latter because the action in display is flawless and Gordon executes it just so.

Hmm, havent seen Dirty Ho, Ill have to check that out:bigsmile:

TibetanWhiteCrane
Great picks, Cant wait to see that list, super curious about the top 10!!

Sorry, it's my 50 fave fights in chronological order:smile:

I could never rank them, that would be too hard. But at least I write a little something about each fight, why I like it etc.

Yeah, Martial Club is up there for Gordon's handwork, Drunken Monk. The alley fight is superb.

I love all of Gordon's stuff. But one of my personal favorites is Fist of the white lotus.

Classic! :bigsmile:

It's not my favorite movie of his (although I do like it), but I might rank it as his best fighting performance.

It's not my favorite movie of his (although I do like it), but I might rank it as his best fighting performance.

Do you like more "prequel" of lotus, executioners? I prefer lotus. I was disappointed with executioners. Great things in movie are CKT and incredible opening:nerd:

Heroes of the east for me is his finest when comes to fighting ( I have seen only 1-2 independent products), but all have decent fights with maybe exception in 36th chamber of shaolin(movie is good tho).

Do you like more "prequel" of lotus, executioners? I prefer lotus. I was disappointed with executioners. Great things in movie are CKT and incredible opening:nerd:

I greatly prefer Executioners, myself. I like the historical sweep, the family life (which we don't tend to see too much in Shaw movies, I'd say) Chen Kuan Tai as the lead, and no comedy in the fight scenes.

That being said, Fists has fantastic action, a great cast, and is a fun reworking of the story. I enjoy them both, but give the nod to Executioners.

For me? My first exposure was on tv with Fist of the White Lotus. Still love that movie. I drew pictures of it, and my dad would hang them on his bulliten board in his office at work. i should share them. later on, it was Dirty Ho, and the underrated Fists and Guts

Archived