5 New Kung Fu Movies from My Way film and Yeung Pan Pan

shapes

I watched Times of warlords this evening.

I guess that this movie must be watched before The real Iron Monkey, since Ku Feng and the guy who betrays him in this latter movie are still working together (they appear just for one scene) in Times of warlords.

The movie is in the same vein of The Real Iron Monkey, and the plot is good.

• Like 4

I just finished to watch Heroes amidst turmoil, and I can say three things :

1) The cover is mistakenly call this movie Heroes amidst turmoil while the Chinese title on the cover,  the story and the actors are definitely the ones for the movie Troubled Treasures.

2) Among the three movies of the series I watched, I think that it's the better so far, though the ending is very very sad

3) This movie follows the movie The time of warlords, since the hero returns at home after having helped the hero of The time of Warlords against the Japanese undercover as a warlord.

I noticed that the actor playing one of the heroes played a Chinese traitor working for the Japanese in the movie The time of warlords that I watched a few days ago, and it was a little bit disturbing.

There are still the characters of Guo Tian, his children and his rice shop as a link among all the movies of the series.

During the ending credits, there are some scenes of the hero and his wife that are shown and that weren't in the movie...

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 3

On 12/24/2020 at 4:23 PM, ShawAngela said:

I just finished to watch Heroes amidst turmoil, and I can say three things :

1) The cover is mistakenly call this movie Heroes amidst turmoil while the Chinese title on the cover,  the story and the actors are definitely the ones for the movie Troubled Treasures.

2) Among the three movies of the series I watched, I think that it's the better so far, though the ending is very very sad

3) This movie follows the movie The time of warlords, since the hero returns at home after having helped the hero of The time of Warlords against the Japanese undercover as a warlord.

I noticed that the actor playing one of the heroes played a Chinese traitor working for the Japanese in the movie The time of warlords that I watched a few days ago, and it was a little bit disturbing.

There are still the characters of Guo Tian, his children and his rice shop as a link among all the movies of the series.

During the ending credits, there are some scenes of the hero and his wife that are shown and that weren't in the movie...

So what would you say is the chronology here? Time of Warlords happens before Heroes Amidst Turmoil, but what about The Real Iron Monkey?

• Like 2

Since the recurrent hero Guo Tian leaves his town in the South to become the new leader of the Jing Wu association's leader in The real iron monkey, I would say that his movie is the last one of the series, unless I'm mistaken. 

• Like 2

Watched Times of Warlords, The Real Iron Monkey, and Troubled Treasures (Heroes Admidst Turmoil) and honestly these movies are pretty crap.

Fighting was decent but the editing, directing and writing were really subpar in my opinion. Also, Max Zhang is pretty much wasted.

So I'm gonna be stopping there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Fun Key Fan Tom

I have to agree. I wouldn't re-watch any of them.  And in my humble opinion I don't think the fighting really engaged me at all. 

• Like 1

The Real Iron Monkey (2019) - While the whole film reeks of “made for tv,” it’s not this that hinders the film so badly. It’s biggest fault is that this is utterly boring film making. From the characters to the action, nothing pops. Nothing raises the pulse of the viewer and immerses them.

The plot is humdrum to say the least. There’s a book. It has to travel from one place to another. Bad guys are out to get the book and good guys are out to protect the book. YAWN.

All could be forgiven if this was the wafer thin from on which was hung a bevy of amazing fight scenes. Nope. The Real Iron Monkey holds potential. There are two seconds of classic shapes in each fight scene. Then we get the same old middling exchanges and damp editing we’ve seen a million times before.

Oh and don’t expect a lot of Chen Kuan Tai. He stays unseen until the final twenty minutes.

• Like 3