5 New Kung Fu Movies from My Way film and Yeung Pan Pan

shapes

For anyone who’s interested, this movie just got a Blu Ray release in Hong Kong. With English subs.

Sadly, DDDHouse still aren’t shipping outside of China.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I got it (I bought the dvd, but it was a pre-order) from PlayAsia a few days ago.

Oh, what a pity that dddhouse doesn't still ship outside of China !

How fight heavy is it @ShawAngela

If I want something with lots of action, is it worth getting?

On 9/15/2020 at 12:18 AM, Drunken Monk said:

How fight heavy is it @ShawAngela

If I want something with lots of action, is it worth getting?

I posted a comment in the thread "What was the last modern movie you watched".

I don't remember if there are lots of fights, but there are several ones, and they are surely good, but I'm not an expert, and, as I said, it's not old school movie and there are some specilla effects or slow motions on some moves that kill the action, at least for me.

But, as I also said, I loved it from the beginning to the end : the plot is very good, as well as all the actors.

Chen Kuan Tai doesn't have much to do, though he is on the first plan on the cover of the  dvd...And Ku feng has one or two moves...

I would say that it's worth watching, but maybe it won't deliver what you are expecting in terms of action.

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer

Just curious @ShawAngela, did you also pick up ‘Time of Warlords’? I believe that’s 1 of the 5 titles from My Way mentioned in the OP, and recently got a Blu-ray & DVD release the same time as ‘The Real Iron Monkey’. That one stars Max Zhang and Fan Siu Wong.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Just curious @ShawAngela, did you also pick up ‘Time of Warlords’? I believe that’s 1 of the 5 titles from My Way mentioned in the OP, and recently got a Blu-ray & DVD release the same time as ‘The Real Iron Monkey’. That one stars Max Zhang and Fan Siu Wong.

Do you have a link to a trailer for this one? I just did a cursory search and couldn't find one? I'm tempted to pick up both these films from Yes Asia as I think they're still shipping to the US.

• Like 1

Is there a difference between the films Unbeatable Youth and Time of Warlords? Or are they two parts to the same film/series produced the same year?

• Like 2

@One Armed Boxer You’re the man.

That fight choreography is absolutely wonderful. I need to get my hands on this one.

I don’t hear many people talk about Yes Asia on here. Can anyone talk about their experience with the site? Are they solid?

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

don’t hear many people talk about Yes Asia on here. Can anyone talk about their experience with the site? Are they solid?

I normally place sizeable orders with them every other month, no issues in 15+ years, I’d just recommend ordering enough to qualify for free shipping.

• Like 3

Wow ! Thanks for this trailer. It looks great, and I recognized at least one of the actors of The Real Iron Monkey...

Yesasia is very Reliable. I have 4 ir 6 pages of orders From them in my history file" there...

• Like 3

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

Yes Asia aren't shipping to the US either right now. Damn this country!

Nor Denmark, and I assume the rest of Europe either... and hasn't for months. This Covid shit is getting fucking old.

• Like 2

Talking about Real Iron Monkey, I took a look to Yesasia and saw that Ku Feng plays the role of Huo Dong Ge, Huo Yuan Jia's son, and I hadn't even noticed that while watching the movie. First, because the Mandarin pronunciation of hte actors isn't the same I'm used to listen to in the old movies and series I watch, and second, because Ku Feng is only called "Master" or anything else in the movie, but not "Huo Master", or Huo Dong Ge"...

Talking about Time of warlords, still on Yesasia, I noticed that the character of Guo Tian, who plays in The real Iron Monkey, is also in this movie, and it seems that the story might be a follow up or a sequel to Real Iron Monkey, that might take place after the events leading to the choice of the new Head of the Jingwu Association.

I think that I'm going to give a try to Time of warlords, too...:bs_smile:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Yes Asia aren't shipping to the US either right now. Damn this country!

Do you use Yesasia Global or Yesasia North America ?

I have some items in my cart since several weeks, and I just took a look at it and there is no mention of no shipping to France.

But I didn't clicked on the checkout button, maybe I'll get the notice when I'll click on it...

I'll let you know if it works or not when I'll decide to finally buy what I have in my cart...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Do you use Yesasia Global or Yesasia North America ?

I honestly don't know. I just tried again though and it looks like it's letting me order. I just need to compile an order that'll grant me free shipping.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

'Heroes Amidst Turmoil' will be getting a Blu-ray and DVD release on October 7th. Looks like these My Way movies from 2013 are finally starting to see the light of day!

L_p0136330815.jpg

On 9/15/2020 at 6:29 AM, Drunken Monk said:

Sadly, DDDHouse still aren’t shipping outside of China.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:12 AM, ShawAngela said:

Oh, what a pity that dddhouse doesn't still ship outside of China !

They're back in action! I received 5 packages from Johnny this week that have been backlogged since April.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

'Heroes Amidst Turmoil' will be getting a Blu-ray and DVD release on October 7th. Looks like these My Way movies from 2013 are finally starting to see the light of day!

L_p0136330815.jpg

They're back in action! I received 5 packages from Johnny this week that have been backlogged since April.

Wow, Wow, Wow !

A simple look at this poster makes me willing to watch this movie !!

I took a look to the first post of this thread and it seems that some things disappeared.

Is there a list of all the titles From this company ?

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I took a look to the first post of this thread and it seems that some things disappeared.

Is there a list of all the titles From this company ?

My Way's complete filmography can be found over at the hkmdb - 

http://hkmdb.com/db/companies/view.mhtml?id=1672&display_set=eng

The 5 movies being referred to by the OP are - 

Trouble Treasures

The Real Iron Monkey

Time of Warlords

The Brave Has No Fears

Unbeatable Youth (which is the one now being released as 'Heroes Amidst Turmoil')

You can see the posters for all 5 of them in @shapes post from earlier in this same thread (you'll notice some images are replicated on each poster, so they were obviously filmed back-to-back with most of the same cast and crew) - 

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Wow, Wow, Wow !

A simple look at this poster makes me willing to watch this movie !!

Here's the trailer - 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

My Way's complete filmography can be found over at the hkmdb - 

http://hkmdb.com/db/companies/view.mhtml?id=1672&display_set=eng

The 5 movies being referred to by the OP are - 

Trouble Treasures

The Real Iron Monkey

Time of Warlords

The Brave Has No Fears

Unbeatable Youth (which is the one now being released as 'Heroes Amidst Turmoil')

You can see the posters for all 5 of them in @shapes post from earlier in this same thread (you'll notice some images are replicated on each poster, so they were obviously filmed back-to-back with most of the same cast and crew) - 

Here's the trailer - 

Thank you very much !

Well, when I look at shapes first post in this thread, I was on my mobile, and there were no posters that could be seen...

I also noticed several things in this trailer :

1) It looks like it's another sequel to The real iron monkey, or maybe a prequel, I don't know, I havent took a look at the synopsis on yesasia, but the actresses playing in the store are the same as in the above mentioned movie

2) One of these image shown in this trailer seems to rather fit the poster shown on hkmdb for the movie "Troubled treasure" with the same actress who seems to use Wing Chun style (unless I'm mistaken about the style ?" and the guy with whom she trains

And I now know what I'm going to offer to myself for Christmas this year (or maybe earlier...!) :bs_smile:

TroubledTreasures+2014-1-t.jpg

• Like 2

Secret Executioner
5 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

L_p0136330815.jpg

Getting a kind of Shaw Bros vibe here. I wonder if the movie lives up to such expectations.

• Like 2

Ok, as I said, this movie is related to the others, since the heroine takes shelter at Guo Tian's house, the same Guo Tian who was "crowned" Chief of the Jing Wu Association in The real Iron Monkey.

It seems that they could have made a TV series of these movies...

And I'm now eager that they also release the others in order ot be able to see the five movies almost at one go as a complete story...

• Like 2

On 10/3/2020 at 11:07 AM, ShawAngela said:

) One of these image shown in this trailer seems to rather fit the poster shown on hkmdb for the movie "Troubled treasure" with the same actress who seems to use Wing Chun style (unless I'm mistaken about the style ?" and the guy with whom she trains

I'm almost sure that "heroes amidst turmoil" is the same movie as the one listed on hkmdb as "Troubled treasure", because the synopsis on Yesasia fits the title, and in addition to that, when I searched on Yesasia with the Chinese title of Troubled treasure, it lead me at once to the page of Heroes amidst turmoil...

I'm eager to see the two other movies of the series released as well...

• Like 2