5 New Kung Fu Movies from My Way film and Yeung Pan Pan

shapes

odioustrident
Yeah, that plot is straight up tiiiired! Though I would also give this a shot. Who is on choreo duty?

Pretty sure it's this guy. Cheung Man Kit.

http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtml?id=19335&display_set=eng

Much of the same team, including producer Yueng Pan Pan, was involved in Kung Fu Fighter (2007) - which I mistakenly blew off at the time. It's one of the few films of the 2000's to display some understanding of old school exchanges. Real Iron Monkey could be great viewing if it has enough action. Many of these budget titles misrepresent what the film is all about.

hGGI1LEARGk

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Wow, they are really not stretching the writers muscles on these plots. Hopefully the action is good. Are these B-flicks as in low to no budget or what?

Good to see Fan Siu Wong getting some more work.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

I'm curious to learn more about these myself. How current are they and what are the scheduled release dates?

I second TWC's remark of Fan Siu Wong. Hope he really get to stretch his MA skills in these.

• Like 1

This is what Mr Cheung the boss at My Way Film co told me about the new releases

Chinese Kung Fu - No Born Heroes & Winners" is our press conference held at 20/Mar at Filmart. We will present 5 new martial art movies at there.

• Like 1

Hopefully the action is more than good. I really don't need more disappointment. Siu Wong is my boy & Zhang Jin can go. Slighlty concerned that all of these were directed by the same guy.

• Like 1

I've noticed that even in the waning days of Hong Kong's straight to video circuit days, while the storylines are crap, the kung fu action was pretty decent. I liked the choreography for BLACK MASK VS. GAMBLING MASTERMIND, especially when Ashton Chen fought Xing Yu and Sze Hung-Bor fighting as Black Mask.

So, while the storylines may seem a bit ridiculous, I am optimistic the fight scenes may be good, especially with Louis Fan in the mix for some of these.

• Like 1

who cares about story if the fight action is ruffhouse....

pan pan should get chen kuan tai to re-play hung hei goon again, and get chi kuan chun over as hu wei keen for a new shaolin epic

• Like 1

odioustrident

I'm sure these were all shot back-to-back and/or edited down from tons of footage. My worry is that they spread the action too thin between the films... but if that's not the case these will be awesome.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I see these being very hit and miss. Some of the action looked pretty uninspired. Is the Wing Chun chain punch the new in thing now?

• Like 1

skip to 1.30 the cgi intro is not pleasant.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take your word for it:wink:

Is the Wing Chun chain punch the new in thing now?

That's what I was thinking:angel: Well at least there was no flying swirling sword attacks:tongue: Also noticed the Kato mask in two of those movies.

• Like 1

Intro didn't bother me. I saw my man Ku Feng! Zhang Jin looks good. The women looked weak. They needed to be protected more. Harder soundfx and a bit of undercranking would help. It's nice to see an aerial cartwheel NOT wired. The guy with the hat from the end of Kung Fu Fighter is in some of these. Cantonese!

We'll see how they play out. Thanks for the find.

• Like 1

The Real Iron Monkey looked the best to me. Wonder whats up with the phantom swordsman in the first trailer.

• Like 1

I'm sure these were all shot back-to-back and/or edited down from tons of footage. My worry is that they spread the action too thin between the films... but if that's not the case these will be awesome.

Yeah, it looks like people got paid to make 1 movie and the studio co figured out a way to make 5 movies out of it. A lot of the actors are wearing the same clothes and using the same fighting style. Maybe the films are inter-connected. You know, one movie about the Iron Monkey then he might appear in some of the other movies. But, the fighting does look tired. It appears that they sat down and watched a few films and made a check list of what to include. Lots of Wing Chun, a masked guy (Donnie Yen Chen Zhen style perhaps). female wing chun fighter, etc...Still would like to check it out though. Nice to see some familiar faces.

• Like 1

Harder soundfx and a bit of undercranking would help..

totally agree, sound efx need more bass. ;last clip looked quite good. at least we got some new talent coming up.

• Like 1

some dodgy bits there, but for the most part I thought these fliks look pretty good, bit like TV movies but I was still impressed with some of the action

some of the handplay was decent (that girl from Ip Man 3 had some iffy chun work for sure) but at least there's some proper blocking in there...

shame Chen Kuan Tai didn't get to pull some Monkey shapes in that new Iron Monkey, but it looks pretty good....and at least there's hope for shapes-play with some of these new youngsters

any news when any of these come out?? nice to see Ku Feng and Yuen Cheng Yan in there.....but Pan Pan where are you??

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

It's been over 6 months since these movies were announced, does anyone have any word on them or have they just disappeared off the radar?

• Like 1