Shaw Brother BD's from T.V.P.

Betty Pei Ti

Where do you all recommend buying these from? The prices are painful with most places I can find selling them for $60+ and that doesn't even include shipping!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where do you all recommend buying these from? The prices are painful with most places I can find selling them for $60+ and that doesn't even include shipping!

Amazon.de (but not if you're in the UK - for some reason Amazon and their related sellers don't appear to be shipping there anymore) and DTM.com (they have a UK flag on their site which translates the text to English).

Not used DTM - have heard they can be a bit fiddly when it comes to payment methods, but are otherwise solid.

Amazon.de (but not if you're in the UK - for some reason Amazon and their related sellers don't appear to be shipping there anymore) and DTM.com (they have a UK flag on their site which translates the text to English).

Not used DTM - have heard they can be a bit fiddly when it comes to payment methods, but are otherwise solid.

Thanks for the response. Amazon.de was the first one I tried, but it's over $20 to ship just one disc.

I'll check out DTM.com, I actually forgot about them.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Wish I could help. I had a friend in Germany generously offer to pick these up for me at some "pay-to-get-in" movie market/shows there that he was attending. The prices were much more reasonable than I've seen on-line. I did a little trading with him towards the costs, and reimbursed him for the rest.

Thanks Karlos and KFB!

Karlos, DTM was a good call as they are selling them for $40 each plus shipping which is a lot lower than Amazon or other retailers I could find.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Thanks Karlos and KFB!

Karlos, DTM was a good call as they are selling them for $40 each plus shipping which is a lot lower than Amazon or other retailers I could find.

Cool! Glad Karlos was able to provide that info. I know you'll love these brother! :nerd:

Damn that sounds good - the text being in German sounds normal though, I mean these are GERMAN releases, right ? :tongue:

Well, YEAH, GHW... :tongue: I just meant comparitively, if that text were in Eng., it would as close a perfect release, as can be. Even though I cannot read the text, I've gone over the pages and photos numerous times and find them totally well done.

:nerd:

Well, YEAH, GHW... :tongue: I just meant comparitively, if that text were in Eng., it would as close a perfect release, as can be. Even though I cannot read the text, I've gone over the pages and photos numerous times and find them totally well done.

:nerd:

it would be perfect but as GHW said they are made for german(language) people primary. I have bought several german releases of english friendly spaghetti westerns and even as I (too) don`t like german language covers+booklets quality of movies in technical issues is outstanding.

Thinking to purchase cemetery without crosses german limited edition for 50€...:crossedlips:

Just received these:

TVP3306_kf.jpg

The Crippled Avengers

TVP3303_kf.jpg

The Savage 5

Wow! These films look OUTSTANDING!!!

Both have Eng. subs, and Savage 5 has the Eng dub!

I know what you mean, DR, my Oppo is also good with upscaling... Still, even though I have all those films that TVP plans to issue on BD on DVD already, its still worth it for me since the difference in PQ is really more apparent on a huge screen. And honestly, I can't wait to replace my shitty looking Image DVD of DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN with a pristine looking HD print... :nerd:

There's a scene in Savage 5 where the villains bring out the the safe, there is detail in the wood that could never be seen on DVD, no matter how much upscaling.

Truly phenominal, watching these Shaws with so much depth, clarity, and detail... It's almost like seeing them for the first time...

Cloud Hands

Having finally got myself a blu-ray player, I couldn't resist going for one of these - just one at first as they are expensive. I went for 5 Shaolin Masters. I almost went for Crippled Avengers, but the lack of a dub on that one swung it. I'll be very disappointed if they don't release any more.

Anyone got a list of what got released in the end? i picked up 3 of their releases but have kind of lost track of what came out. cheers :bigsmile:

Anyone got a list of what got released in the end? i picked up 3 of their releases but have kind of lost track of what came out. cheers :bigsmile:

Check back with the OP...

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey All, TVP (The Vengeance Pack) will be releasing THE DELIGHTFUL FOREST (1972) on Blu-ray, most likely in July. And I know because... I got to do the cover art for it. :bigsmile: So extremely excited because, first off, I love this film, and second, I'm a huge fan of TVP and their releases. So it is an honor to work with them. They are an absolute pleasure to collaborate with, and they treated me really well. Here's a look at the artwork I did for them.

I know you will all want to know... No, this release will NOT include English subtitles nor the English dub. :lipssealed TVP would include them if they were allowed. It will however include an English language audio commentary (with optional German subtitles) by Bey Logan.

DELIGHTFUL FOREST- Finished Cover Art - Lo-Rez Sample.jpg

massa_yoda

Great news @KUNG FU BOB!!  I've never purchased a TVP release, and I do have this on BD...but that cover art + commentary does make this tempting...

danthemandmv

Bob, let me channel Mr. Han & just say that this latest piece of cover art is EXTRA-ORDINARY! Your skills as an artist continue to amaze...

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
19 hours ago, massa_yoda said:

Great news @KUNG FU BOB!!  I've never purchased a TVP release, and I do have this on BD...but that cover art + commentary does make this tempting...

13 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Good news for you and congratulations !

4 hours ago, danthemandmv said:

Bob, let me channel Mr. Han & just say that this latest piece of cover art is EXTRA-ORDINARY! Your skills as an artist continue to amaze...

Thank you very much lady and gents.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Can you bros provide a link when all said is done? Bob's artwork is the best, I'm buying it just for that. The movie is ok ;) 

On 6/3/2017 at 3:18 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Hey All, TVP (The Vengeance Pack) will be releasing THE DELIGHTFUL FOREST (1972) on Blu-ray, most likely in July. And I know because... I got to do the cover art for it. :bigsmile: So extremely excited because, first off, I love this film, and second, I'm a huge fan of TVP and their releases. So it is an honor to work with them. They are an absolute pleasure to collaborate with, and they treated me really well. Here's a look at the artwork I did for them.

I know you will all want to know... No, this release will NOT include English subtitles nor the English dub. :lipssealed TVP would include them if they were allowed. It will however include an English language audio commentary (with optional German subtitles) by Bey Logan.

DELIGHTFUL FOREST- Finished Cover Art - Lo-Rez Sample.jpg

Love the art. Hopefully, I can pick this up soon. Thank goodness you finally got to work with a company that is treating you right. TVP get lots of respect. Too bad Celestial do not allow them the English subs or dubs. Otherwise, they would be the perfect company with the perfect releases. They do seem to go the extra mile. Congrats, you deserve it!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
4 hours ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Can you bros provide a link when all said is done? Bob's artwork is the best, I'm buying it just for that. The movie is ok ;) 

Will do as soon as it's up for pre-order @OpiumKungFuCracker. Thanks man!

The climax of it is f**king awesome! You may enjoy it more when you watch it again.

2 hours ago, reason108 said:

Love the art. Hopefully, I can pick this up soon. Thank goodness you finally got to work with a company that is treating you right. TVP get lots of respect. Too bad Celestial do not allow them the English subs or dubs. Otherwise, they would be the perfect company with the perfect releases. They do seem to go the extra mile. Congrats, you deserve it!

I'm glad you like the drawing @reason108 and I appreciate the kind words, man. :wink:

Yeah, their previous BD releases were perfect in my opinion- even reinserting missing footage into some of the films. It's a shame they can no longer make them "English-friendly".

massa_yoda
2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Yeah, their previous BD releases were perfect in my opinion- even reinserting missing footage into some of the films. It's a shame they can no longer make them "English-friendly".

What movies did they do this for?  Like I said, I'm ignorant of these releases...

1 hour ago, massa_yoda said:

What movies did they do this for?  Like I said, I'm ignorant of these releases...

There are a few that I know of, possibly more. I have: The New One-Armed Swordsman, Disciples of Shaolin, The Shaolin Avengers, Crippled Avengers, 5 Shaolin Masters.

The Savage Five is also one of their titles, if I am not mistaken. For more info, check here: 

Archived