Shaw Brother BD's from T.V.P.

Betty Pei Ti

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just looked at their site and it seems, that they already released the single BDs of Das Schwert des gelben Tigers and Shaolin - Die Rache mit der Todeshand

Link: http://www.kinofilm-online-datenbank.de/T.V.P.%20-%20The%20Vengeance%20Pack/html/bluray-disc.html

what are those in english? I'm guessing

THE NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN and SHAOLIN AVENGERS

Gee, I wonder why they didn't sell out like hot cakes at those prices...? lol

:tongue:

Gee, I wonder why they didn't sell out like hot cakes at those prices...? lol

yeah that is their downfall. only the most hardcore will pay 40 euro for one movie..

they really need to go for a cheaper route. its quality stuff but ... screw teh media books or whatever else and get its down to 25 or something

what are those in english? I'm guessing

THE NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN and SHAOLIN AVENGERS

That's right, blue_skies!

EDIT: I've got some answers from TVP!

@Shaolin Patriot, the information is wrong. There won't be an English Dub on the media book of 7 Man Army.

@blue_skies, TVP stated that they will release all BDs as single BDs as well but they don't know the release dates, yet.

Wow. Just read this entire thread. So much I want to say. I do have a few questions. Are these TVP releases Region 1 or 0 Blu-Rays? Not sure I want to invest in another Blu-ray player. I would kill for a Blu- ray of Crippled Avengers & Shaolin Avengers but I doubt can afford the Media Books.

Does anyone know what these releases go for in US Dollars?

As for what some of your opinions on what a ''collector'' is. I guess I'm one of those guys you mentioned with DVD-Rs stacked to the ceiling. Maybe that makes me NOT a "collector" in your eyes. But with over 1000 Titles I am damn proud of my "collection". I do try to get legit copies of what I call the "important" Films. I own a few Celestial Releases which I treasure and now am trying to build a note-worthy Blu-ray collection. But with my current financial situation. I rather have a DVD-R than not have the movie at all.

Just my opinion.

they are all region Blus. and run around $40ish maybe more depending on rarity.

as far as the other goes.. i only have dvd-r of items that dont exist in a legit form. or in some cases the dvd-r is a million times better than the legit release (OUATIC 4 and 5). but thats your thing so whatever you like.

I only keep DVD-Rs when the legit discs (if available) aren't up to scratch.

Well that's cool. Like I said I guess I don't fall into your definition of an collector.

they are all region Blus. and run around $40ish maybe more depending on rarity.

as far as the other goes.. i only have dvd-r of items that dont exist in a legit form. or in some cases the dvd-r is a million times better than the legit release (OUATIC 4 and 5). but thats your thing so whatever you like.

Wait, the TVP blu-rays are All Region? Is that confirmed?

The Dragon

These are the definitive Shaw releases to purchase!

Just acquired DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN and 5 SHAOLIN MASTERS and am I ever glad I did!

DOS, though it doesn't have the Eng dubb, has a great tribute to Fu Sheng, and video of the final fight scene scored, as extras. This is a must have for any Fu Sheng fan!

I definitely plan on purchasing more titles!

Secret Executioner

Just acquired DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN and 5 SHAOLIN MASTERS and am I ever glad I did!

DOS, though it doesn't have the Eng dubb, has a great tribute to Fu Sheng, and video of the final fight scene scored, as extras. This is a must have for any Fu Sheng fan!

Could these releases be even better than what the initial descriptions posted on here could have let one think ?! :ooh:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Wait, the TVP blu-rays are All Region? Is that confirmed?

I just popped my TVP Blu-ray of DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN into my regular Blu-ray player the other day to test it for The Dragon, and it worked no problem. So I'd say yes. Though I doubt there's any difference between this and the other TVP releases, for the record, I did only check the one for this. The others were watched on my All-Region player.

Undoubtedly! :nerd:

TheDragon is right, these are definitive releases.

Just got my hands on NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN and it's stunning.

Also, just ordered 7 MAN ARMY and noticed the price has dropped a little:

http://www.amazon.de/Die-unschlagbaren-Sieben-Uncut-Limited/dp/B00K6844NA/ref=sr_1_11?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1404659180&sr=1-11&keywords=ti+lung

Whoa, thanks for the link Karlos! It says "UNCUT". :ooh: Is there footage missing from IVL's DVD release of SEVEN MAN ARMY? Hmmm... this and THE SAVAGE FIVE are the only TVP BDs I haven't picked up from the ones TVP released. Do I now have a legitimate excuse to get this one? :angel: Anyone know what's missing (if anything) from the DVD?

I have all of them except for five deadly venoms.

Are you trippin' bro? :smile: TVP never released FIVE VENOMS. LOL

Could these releases be even better than what the initial descriptions posted on here could have let one think ?! :ooh:

I did a side by side comparison between my IVL DVDs and the TVP BDs, and TVP wins by a long shot. I was shocked at the difference in picture quality. Plus, I love the gorgeous book/ packaging they come in. :wink:

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz126/KUNGFUBOB/GermanTVPShawBrothersColletorsEditionBlu-Rays002_zps5ed9bac5.jpg' alt='GermanTVPShawBrothersColletorsEditionBlu-Rays002_zps5ed9bac5.jpg'>

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Gorgeous packages - I can see why one would want to collect these.

When I get a chance I'll take some interior photos. Though... I think Monk Sante may have provided some earlier in this thread? Either that or he sent them to me in an e-mail. But one thing is for sure- once I saw that, and on top of his trusted assessment of the picture quality, I was sold.

Whoa, thanks for the link Karlos! It says "UNCUT". :ooh: Is there footage missing from IVL's DVD release of SEVEN MAN ARMY? Hmmm... this and THE SAVAGE FIVE are the only TVP BDs I haven't picked up from the ones TVP released. Do I now have a legitimate excuse to get this one? :angel: Anyone know what's missing (if anything) from the DVD?

I'm pretty sure the IVL DVD was uncut, bro.

I think the German VHS release of 7MA was cut back in the day, but not sure - anyone?

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I'm pretty sure the IVL DVD was uncut, bro.

I think the German VHS release of 7MA was cut back in the day, but not sure - anyone?

Ah...if that's the case, I'll just (try to) be satisfied with my DVD of it.

I haven't seen it in a long, long time. I can't even remember it showing any kind of gore that might be a problem for censors. Am I wrong? Is my memory failing to recall some gruesome details in this film?

I haven't seen it in a long, long time. I can't even remember it showing any kind of gore that might be a problem for censors. Am I wrong? Is my memory failing to recall some gruesome details in this film?

No, none at all, bro.

I think certain markets - especially places like Germany - were just way more censorous back then.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Karlos said:
No, none at all, bro.

I think certain markets - especially places like Germany - were just way more censorous back then.

Okay, good. Wonder what they cut? "Fu Sheng's smile is too mischievous in that shot! We must trim it by 10 seconds." :wink:

Gorgeous packages - I can see why one would want to collect these.

Yes. The only problem with these Media book versions is the words are in GERMAN. The overall presentation is excellent with background information and pics from the productions make it worth having. Kung Fu films done right.

Will get these soon, they look fabulous.

Any reason why they stopped releasing Shaw Blu rays, lack of sales??

Secret Executioner
Yes. The only problem with these Media book versions is the words are in GERMAN. The overall presentation is excellent with background information and pics from the productions make it worth having. Kung Fu films done right.

Damn that sounds good - the text being in German sounds normal though, I mean these are GERMAN releases, right ? :tongue:

Archived