Shaw Brother BD's from T.V.P.

Betty Pei Ti

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Versions are the same, no worries. all HK DVDs from Celestial are in incorrect 25fps PAL Runtime, whereas the Bluray is in the correct 23.976 NTSC Runtime - being 4.271% Slower :)

I'm confused my Hong Kong IVL Shaw's clearly state NTSC not PAL.

Constable Fu
the Versions are the same, no worries. all HK DVDs from Celestial are in incorrect 25fps PAL Runtime, whereas the Bluray is in the correct 23.976 NTSC Runtime - being 4.271% Slower :)

I'm still confused. IVL HK dvds are NTSC. Why is it in PAL run time? But thanks for your info anyway :smile:

yeah well, some may argue that 24fps is more correct than 23.976fps for film speed, but it's both okay for me ;)

Dave: IVL / Celestial are going the cheap one-klick-button-way, that's why their DVDs are all PAL Runtime. all Celestial Remasters are in PAL format - even the HD Masters. that's why most of the Blurays have the wrong Audio Pitch of the PAL Version originally made. thankfully most Blurays are converted to proper NTSC Runtime (it could be done as easy for the DVD Masters, but they're just too dumb for that). i didn't check if the German Blurays have the wrong pitch for Mandarin yet. the Japanese are all wrong (PAL Pitch)

Constable Fu

I see. So the IVL HK R3 dvd of THE SHAOLIN AVENGERS is a PAL-->NTSC conversion, right?

I did not notice any ghosting or horizontal lines visible while watching it though.

Thanks for your clarification Spannick. BTW, how did you know about the Celestial remasters being in PAL format and all?

yes they're PAL-NTSC for all HK DVDs from Celestial.

i was in contact with a Company which released the Shaws in Germany and he asked around what's originally available for non-released movies like THE KILLER (and it's quite shocking that this movie IS available fully remastered) and we came to the mastering process infos also.

yeah well, some may argue that 24fps is more correct than 23.976fps for film speed, but it's both okay for me ;)

The problem with actual 24fps is that many people have problems playing it, for some reason the picture will stutter on cheap or not correctly setup TV-sets. That's why at least some companys use 23.976 fps, rightfully so.

Some additional informations about the next two releases:

Bonus to Crippled Avengers/Vier gnadenlose Rächer (media book)

* Booklet (16 pages) with pictures and information about the movie

* The Master Chang Cheh (documentary with German subtitles)

* An interview with Lo Meng

* Original HK trailer

* New HK trailer

* Advertising material

Audio/Subtitles: German Dolby Digital 2.0 (with subtitles or post dubbing), Mandarin Dolby Digital 2.0 (English subtitles)

Running time: 104 minutes

------

Bonus to Disciples of Shaolin/Karato- Sein Haertester Schlag (media book)

* Booklet (16 pages) with pictures and information about the movie

* The Master Chang Cheh (documentary with German subtitles)

* Elegant Trails: Fu Sheng

* Original HK trailer

* New HK trailer

* German movie trailer

* Obituary on Alexander Fu Sheng

* Opening credits of the German videocassette

* music video 'Requiem'

* Advertising material

Audio/Subtitles: German Dolby Digital 2.0 (with subtitles or post dubbing), Mandarin Dolby Digital 2.0 (English subtitles)

Running time: 107 minutes

Some additional informations about the next two releases:

Bonus to Crippled Avengers/Vier gnadenlose Rächer (media book)

Running time: 104 minutes

------

Bonus to Disciples of Shaolin/Karato- Sein Haertester Schlag (media book)

Running time: 107 minutes

So these next two will not have the English dub as an option?

@That's right, Pai Mei!

TVP announced some months ago that only the following ones will have an English dub:

English dubs ?

Schwert des gelben Tigers

Rache mit der Todeshand

Die Wilden 5

Die gnadenlosen 5

@There are so many informations about those releases in this thread that one can easily overlook something, Pai Mei. :smile:

You're welcome..! :smile:

i just bought Crippled Avengers/Vier gnadenlose Rächer and Disciples of Shaolin/Karato- Sein Haertester Schlag from DTM.at

i never saw Crippled avengers on amazon and that want 60 euro for Karato ! yikes

any news on the next releases?

Only this, tenebre:

The estimated release date of Seven Man Army (Die unschlagbaren Sieben) will be the end of December.

T.V.P. stated that there won't be any more releases on BD. So that'll be the last.one!

Only this, tenebre:

T.V.P. stated that there won't be any more releases on BD. So that'll be the last.one!

what!!!! nooooooooooooooooo

damnit someone else needs to do this now! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Shaolin Patriot
TVP announced some months ago that only the following ones will have an English dub:

Schwert des gelben Tigers

Rache mit der Todeshand

Die Wilden 5

Die gnadenlosen 5

Betty, according to this site, it seems Die Unschlagbaren Sieben (7 Man Army) will also include the English dub.

http://www.dvd-forum.at/medium-details/69455-dvd-die-unschlagbaren-sieben

will there still be regular blu's of what has been released?

Wouldn't be too sure about it.

What I did notice when I recently bought FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS and THE SAVAGE FIVE at a German film fair for a very reasonable 23 € was that both are limited at 1.000 numbered copies each. Of their first two BD 'media books' (THE NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN and SHAOLIN AVENGERS) TVP issued 2.000 each. Seems that they realized that they overestiminated the demand and cut down the numbers accordingly. Guess before they ever release single BD editions of these titles they're waiting until the initial print run dries up. And bearing the sluggish market for this type of product in mind this might take a looong time...

Gee, I wonder why they didn't sell out like hot cakes at those prices...? lol

Maybe too many mu’fuckas in Deutschland started to develop bouts of Scottish stinginess... :bigsmile:

Hello everybody! :smile:

I wrote an email to TVP with all your questions in it! I'll keep you informed about their answers!

Archived