Shaw Brother BD's from T.V.P.

Betty Pei Ti

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Betty Pei Ti

It is! Thanks for always providing us with great info Betty. :bigsmile:

You're welcome, KUNG FU BOB! One reason might be, that I keep asking questions! So, I get to know the answers, translate and copy them into this board. :bigsmile::wink:

Same here- I have the IVL DVDs of these. But the BDs picture quality is amazing!

It really is! :smile:

I thought the very same thing. It was as though Fu Sheng was in my living-room! I'm sure our reactions to this illusion were quite different though...

Betty Pei Ti- (swooning) "Welcome!" :kiss:

Kung Fu Bob- (defensive) "Don't even think about eating that last slice of pizza!" :neutral:

Lol! You made my day! ..or I, Betty Pei Ti, would gladly give him my last slice of pizza! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Oh, and no need to apologize for being a "fangirl". That's why we're all here- to be "fanboys" and "fangirls" together about kung fu cinema. :wink:

I ironically said fangirl, not because I'm not a fan or not female, but beeing a little bit "grown up" for being labelled als a fan.."girl". :bigsmile::bigsmile:

As your "messanger", I can tell you know, that the mediabooks of Die wilden Fünf/The Savage Five have already been delivered to the traders! :bigsmile:

Some links:

http://www.uncut.ch/suche.html?keywords=Die%20wilden%205%20L.E.%20%28DVD/Blu-ray%29

and

http://www.amazon.de/Die-wilden-Uncut-Blu-ray-Limited/dp/B00E90Z4US/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1375550534&sr=1-1&keywords=Die+wilden+5+-+Uncut

Betty Pei Ti

The official release date of Five Shaolin Masters /Die gnadenlosen Fuenf (media book) is the 30th of August!

The official release date of Five Shaolin Masters /Die gnadenlosen Fuenf (media book) is the 30th of August!

Thanks, I was wondering why my order had been postponed. I really appreciate all your updates!

Betty Pei Ti

@Pai Mei, my pleasure! :smile: I try to update the opening posting as well. So everybody gets all the information one needs with one look.

The official release date of Die wilden Fünf/The Savage Five - media book was the 15th of August. So it should be available everywhere by now. :wink:

Betty Pei Ti

Bonus to Die wilden Fünf/The Savage Five (media book):

* Booklet (16 pages) with pictures and information about the movie

* Old German dubbing (you can choose between post scoring or subtitles as for the once missing pieces)

* The Master Chang Cheh (documentary with German subtitles)

* Elegant Trails: David Chiang and Ti Lung

* German movie trailer

* Original trailer

* New trailer

* Music video of The Savage Five

* Opening credits of the German videocassette

* Advertising material

Audio: German, English Dolby Digital 2.0, Mandarin

Subs: English

Video format: 1080p/24p

Running time: 95 minutes

Shaolin Patriot
Bonus to Die wilden Fünf/The Savage Five (media book):

* Old German dubbing (you can choose between post scoring or subtitles as for the once missing pieces)

* Elegant Trails: David Chiang and Ti Lung

* German movie trailer

* Original trailer

* New trailer

* Music video of The Savage Five

* Advertising material

Running time: 95 minutes

Thanks for sharing. It seems that most of these are the same special features & audio specs. that I have on my region 2 PAL disc. The 16 page booklet would have been nice to have. All in all, the R2 German disc is a vast improvement over the R3 disc.

Betty Pei Ti

@Anytime, Shaolin Patriot! :smile:

Bonus to Five Shaolin Masters/Die gnadenlosen Fuenf (media book):

* Elegant Trails: David Chiang, Ti Lung and Fu Sheng

* German movie trailer

* Original trailer

* New trailer

* Music video of the Five Heroes

- Music video of the Five Villains

* Advertising material

Running time: 109 minutes

Betty Pei Ti

@tenebre, I'm happy to hear that! :smile:

@spannick, thank you so much for those wonderful screenshots! :bigsmile: ..especially for those which have the adorable Fu Sheng in it! :angel:

Sorry, there is no exact release date for Disciples of Shaolin and Crippled Avengers, yet, but this guy from TVP estimated that both mediabooks could be released at the beginning of October.

Betty Pei Ti

@tenebre, I don't know about the shipping conditions but I seems to me that you can buy Five Shaolin Masters on Amazon right now. http://www.amazon.de/Die-gnadenlosen-Uncut-Blu-ray-Limited/dp/B00EK9TBXO/ref=sr_1_1/276-6159481-3530967?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1380883746&sr=1-1&keywords=die+gnadenlosen+5

TVP recently announced that Disciples of Shaolin (Karato - Sein Haertester Schlag) and Crippled Avengers (Vier gnadenlose Raecher) will be released this month!

EDIT:

Amazon lowered the price of Shaolin Avengers (Shaolin - Die Rache mit der Todeshand) a little bit. http://www.amazon.de/Shaolin-Todeshand-Blu-ray-Limited-Edition/dp/B00C5X64KK/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_z

Betty Pei Ti

@Wonderful screenshots, spannick, thank you again! :smile:

@tenebre, the media book of Seven Man Army will be released at the end of December! Hope you can wait till then. :smile:

Constable Fu

I've discovered that the TVP blu-ray of THE SHAOLIN AVENGERS has a run time of 96:59. Could any Fu-fan here clarify my doubts?

1. Why is the run time different from the IVL R3 HK dvd which has a run time of 92:40 NTSC?

2. Is this German blu-ray taken from a different source or from Celestial Pictures?

3. If this German has additional extended scenes, can you specify which ones they are?

Your clarification is very much appreciated :bigsmile:

the Versions are the same, no worries. all HK DVDs from Celestial are in incorrect 25fps PAL Runtime, whereas the Bluray is in the correct 23.976 NTSC Runtime - being 4.271% Slower :)

Archived