Shaw Brother BD's from T.V.P.

Betty Pei Ti

On 15/07/2017 at 6:44 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

I have not picked up their BLOOD BROTHERS release @De Ming Li, and didn't know that this one also contains additional footage

Filmart blu rays mentions a running time of 122 mn from what I saw on a site.

Is there aq link showing the TVP blu ray, please ?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/5/2017 at 11:10 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

From what I understand, the German company WVG was not supposed to be releasing their Blu-rays as English friendly, and when Celestial discovered it, they put an end to it. Hence starting with HUMAN LANTERNS they ceased including English subs/dubs.

the 3 new releases all have english subs :cool

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
27 minutes ago, saltysam said:

the 3 new releases all have english subs :cool

This is confirmed @saltysam? Did you get them all? If so, well I am very happy to hear this for all of us fans, but they were not allowed to do that. I wonder if there will be any repercussions, or if they will just get away with it?

Shame then that they released HUMAN LANTERNS without English subs. I'd have loved to have that on Blu-ray.

53 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

This is confirmed @saltysam? Did you get them all? If so, well I am very happy to hear this for all of us fans, but they were not allowed to do that. I wonder if there will be any repercussions, or if they will just get away with it?

Shame then that they released HUMAN LANTERNS without English subs. I'd have loved to have that on Blu-ray.

i received all three today and immediately checked them out. All have subs and i should add they are all Region B locked. bargain at £24 for the three delivered to the UK!

As for Human Lanterns i now suspect there was an error during the disc replication which left off the english subs and being a budget company it was more cost effective to release without and reprint the covers deleting the english subtitle mention. Just a theory, but these have now released what, 10 movies and 9 have the english subs. Seems to me the only thing they've tightened up on is the region locking of the discs.

On 30.7.2017 at 2:25 PM, saltysam said:

i received all three today and immediately checked them out. All have subs and i should add they are all Region B locked. bargain at £24 for the three delivered to the UK!

As for Human Lanterns i now suspect there was an error during the disc replication which left off the english subs and being a budget company it was more cost effective to release without and reprint the covers deleting the english subtitle mention. Just a theory, but these have now released what, 10 movies and 9 have the english subs. Seems to me the only thing they've tightened up on is the region locking of the discs.

ordered all remaining from own collection except emperor and water margin. Haze zero interest to see those again. Secret service of imperial court is still possible to happen. Would seem almost likely as this batch was hardly last.

Skeleton Claw

Haven't been on here in a long while so first thing I needed to address is Bob's amazing work on the Delightful Forest cover! Brilliant!!

2 hours ago, panku said:

TVP announce a joint project with Filmart to do a 4K release of New One Armed Swordsman.

I wonder if they will be creating a new uncut master with the proper night time filters applied? A 4k remaster, huh? Interesting!

In what ways is the TVP dvd release of Sacred Knives of Vengeance better than the version shown on the Celestial channel?

13 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

In what ways is the TVP dvd release of Sacred Knives of Vengeance better than the version shown on the Celestial channel?

In one way, the picture quality is much better and doesn't have burned in subs. But it doesn't have English subs. I believe NoKUNGFUforYU was working on a project putting English subs to the TVP, but I think he was having timing problems or something.

Celestial Channel:

killer - cap 02 celestial channel.png

TVP:

killer - cap 01 germany tvp.png

I hate to ask a stupid question like this on here, especially with the comparisons up above. How good of a quality are these books? I'm actually really curious on grabbing some as I haven't seen some of them in years. Thanks :) 

^Alas, no English subs are listed. Hopefully 88 will release it or asian version is then one to get for non-germans. 

Pity, covers A and C look terrific and nice list of extra features...

• Administrator
On 2/16/2018 at 1:10 AM, Ah_Tao said:

I hate to ask a stupid question like this on here, especially with the comparisons up above. How good of a quality are these books? I'm actually really curious on grabbing some as I haven't seen some of them in years. Thanks :) 

They are excellent!

For the sake of full disclosure, I now do some of the original cover artwork for TVP- The Vengeance Pack. But I was a huge fan of their high quality releases before that happened, and collected their stuff.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:48 PM, Tex Killer said:

^Alas, no English subs are listed. Hopefully 88 will release it or asian version is then one to get for non-germans. 

Pity, covers A and C look terrific and nice list of extra features...

I'm happy to inform everyone that the above statement is incorrect. Regarding TVP's upcoming Blu-ray release of RETURN OF THE ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN, it will include English subtitles.

No English dub though.

That`s great news, none of shops I looked at mentioned english subs but it`s not first time stores do not  list other than german audio/subs options..

Cover C imo is winner

510B+l4+KcL.jpg

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

That`s great news, none of shops I looked at mentioned english subs but it`s not first time stores do not  list other than german audio/subs options..

Cover C imo is winner

510B+l4+KcL.jpg

I double-checked with them before saying anything, just to be certain, and was relieved when they verified that there are English subs on the release.

Cool! Glad you like my cover. This is one that I'm very happy with how it turned out. (Still, like everything I do, in hindsight I can see little things that I could've done better. Ah but, live and learn. ☺️)

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Asmo said:

Very nice art there, Bob!

Glad to have confirmation about English subs too.

Thank you brother. Have you seen the other two covers they produced for this release? They are pretty damn cool.

Yeah, me too. Looking forward to watching this film in style.

I wonder does new scan of New One Armed Swordsman never come out...tvp head said he was talking about it with film art but long time ago...

Sort of hope it does not happen but if does dig my wallet again for that great movie...

Archived