Project A Part II Blu Ray Question

andi81

The remastered Fortune Star HK DVD of PROJECT A PART II features the documentary "Someone will know me" about the JC Stunt Team.

Is this documentary also on Kam & Ronson's HK Blu ray?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am curious too about the extras on the Project A blu from Kam. But, from what I have seen of some of their other releases, they do not have the same extras as what was released on dvd a few years ago. I think the only one that does is the OUATIC series. The Kam blu releases have been pretty bare bones except a trailer or short interview with Sammo and Yuen Biao.

I would check the spec on Japanese release by Paramount, I have brought the BL and few of the JC releases as they contain more than the Kam & Ronson releases! The only issue is that the JC ones don't have English Subs!

If all goes well, I may end up getting the Kam blu by the end of summer. Will let you know exactly what is on it when/if I do.

A wealth of information is readily available on the internet

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=202245

I am interested in the special features on the Hong Kong Blu Ray of PROJECT A PART II...the only interesting japanese release imo is FIRST MISSION, because of its extended version and the true hd picture...

Is no one here, who owns PROJECT A PART II on Blu Ray and could answer my question?

I won't buy them because they are crappy up-scales, if i pay for HD i want HD not some half-arsed effort. As far as i know the Blu rays do not have the same special features as the DVD's released before.

I won't buy them because they are crappy up-scales, if i pay for HD i want HD not some half-arsed effort. As far as i know the Blu rays do not have the same special features as the DVD's released before.

So far, I think that only OUATIC carried over the extras from the dvd`s. But, I haven`t heard what extras (if any) are on the Project A blu.

The K & M blu`s sure have been hit and miss. I was curious enough to see if things were as bad as everyone says they are. Since I have a short list of these films that I would want on blu I figured that I would try a few out and see what happens. Not all of them are up-converts though; at least that is what some people say. Honestly, I have no idea if they are or not.

I have just ordered the Japanese Blu-ray released by Paramont! I know it will be an upscale but I really like the Japanese releases!

The HK blu rays i have that seem to be proper HD are:

MY FATHER IS A HERO

TIGER ON THE BEAT

ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA AND AMERICA

I have not watched it yet, only skimmed through, does not seem to be any added fx, but not 100% sure until i watch it all...

I have just ordered the Japanese Blu-ray released by Paramont! I know it will be an upscale but I really like the Japanese releases!

Yeah. Wouldn`t it be great if those extras came with English subs and true HD? But, as it is, those discs are out of my price range. It is tempting though. Just wish they had everything that we wanted out of them for that price.

Yeah. Wouldn`t it be great if those extras came with English subs and true HD? But, as it is, those discs are out of my price range. It is tempting though. Just wish they had everything that we wanted out of them for that price.

I agree they are not cheap, they worked out about £17 each (delivered). The K&R discs delivered to the UK are between £15-20 per title delivered so I dont really feel I have paid over the top for them! All I have done is ordered a few at a time to make the shipping justified!

I would almost want to get the steelbook version of Police Story. Through yesasia its like $58. With shipping its gonna be in the $60 range. But, that one would be nice to own.

Please let us know what you think when you get it. I will report back once my HK blu arrives.

Please let us know what you think when you get it. I will report back once my HK blu arrives.

For sure!. HMV haven't shipped my order yet as they are waiting for Project A to come into stock! hopefully it should be in stock within the week!

The remastered Fortune Star HK DVD of PROJECT A PART II features the documentary "Someone will know me" about the JC Stunt Team.

Is this documentary also on Kam & Ronson's HK Blu ray?

No! It only features a trailer.

Archived