Brandon Lee

newgen2005

George Clooney On 'Rust' Shooting: It’s ‘Infuriating’

The actor and director reflected on losing his friend Brandon Lee — who was shot and killed with a prop gun on the set of “The Crow” in 1993.

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/KjOuYu.LiAkrPN7X6nzGxQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTY0MDtoPTQyNw--/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/rn2q3ap8QjOPvpnAUTD6bg--~B/aD0xMDAwO3c9MTUwMDthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/people_218/ebc1f7e69ddddac2049c2882e5a4502b
  • Like 2

Happy 35th Anniversary Legacy of Rage!

R.I.P Brandon Lee

I do like that face he's making when someone tell's him to act more like Bruce Lee, Brandon isn't having it.

MV5BYjU2MDMyY2YtOGY4Zi00NmM0LWE0NDktZGMwYjdiOWI5OTgxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzUwODg3NTU@._V1_.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8DiagramAuntieFighter

Still a bummer. Can’t think of anyone else besides Alexander Fu Shang who was guaranteed more future success than Brandon. Always fun to watch. Even great in cheesy flicks like Showdown in Little Tokyo 

• Like 3

This interview always cracks me up with Chan wai-man. Says he slapped Brandon after he cost him a "finder's fee" for a two picture deal with Toei & calls him fuck*ing useless.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

This interview always cracks me up with Chan wai-man. Says he slapped Brandon after he cost him a "finder's fee" for a two picture deal with Toei & calls him fuck*ing useless.

Jesus!!! Seems like he fucking hated Brandon. Tricky situation as it's easy to see both sides: Brandon being American and not wanting to be compared to his dad all the time or just copy him; And Chan (with his more Chinese mindset) feeling that it's not showing face to his father and disrespecting China. What a mess.

I don't know how accurate the subs are, but I love that he used the word "dickface" :P 

Edited by J.J. Hayden
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, J.J. Hayden said:

Jesus!!! Seems like he fucking hated Brandon. Tricky situation as it's easy to see both sides: Brandon being American and not wanting to be compared to his dad all the time or just copy him; And Chan (with his more Chinese mindset) feeling that it's not showing face to his father and disrespecting China. What a mess.

I don't know how accurate the subs are, but I love that he used the word "dickface" :P 

There was a written interview he did where he says a similar thing, he was trying to help him with his career but Brandon still wasnt sure if he wanted to be an action star. He said Brandon Lee would turn up at business meetings/dinners dressed casually, rather than wearing a suit etc. It was clashing of two very different cultures and the older and younger generations.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

There was a written interview he did where he says a similar thing, he was trying to help him with his career but Brandon still wasnt sure if he wanted to be an action star. He said Brandon Lee would turn up at business meetings/dinners dressed casually, rather than wearing a suit etc. It was clashing of two very different cultures and the older and younger generations.

Had Brandon taken Chan Wai Man's advice and made a movie for Toei, he'd likely be alive today. 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

11 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

Making Laser Mission was a mistake.

That was his foot in the door and it gave him a chance to learn the ropes in way on a small scale production.

12 hours ago, dionbrother said:

Had Brandon taken Chan Wai Man's advice and made a movie for Toei, he'd likely be alive today. 

Tough one, its hard to say how his life would have turned out. Fan would have gotten to see him in some Japanese action movies, which would have been cool to see. How that studio have promoted his image, and what would they have done with his career?.

• Like 1

Given that Chan Wai-Man was a friend of both Yasuaki Kurata and Bolo Yeung, maybe we would have seen Brandon play Simon Yam's role in the Japanese-financed Bloodfight.

The below 1993 article suggests that Brandon's death could have been avoided had The Crow not been a non-union production.

https://ew.com/article/1993/04/23/brandon-lees-death-moviemmaking-dangerous/

• Like 2