Brandon Lee

newgen2005

Cognoscente

Numerology: Brandon was 8 when Bruce died. Brandon died eight days before The Crow could be completed.

8 is supposed to be a lucky number for the Chinese, but here it's just ominous.

Edited by Cognoscente
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Legacy of Rage(1986) VHS re-issue trailer, released after the The Crow(1994).

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

Cognoscente

It's interesting that the trailer for the most part depicts the film as a gothic thriller.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

It's interesting that the trailer for the most part depicts the film as a gothic thriller.

That VHS trailer presents it as a very different movie, to the one I remember seeing on VHS.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

If Legacy of Rage had been directed by John Woo, they would have totally played up the Hard Target angle.

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347

This might be controversial but I never got the adulation that Brandon Lee got from Bruce Lee fans.

Yes he was a good actor and he made a few decent films (Showdown in Little Tokyo, Rapid Fire and The Crow) but they 

kind of treated him as the "2nd Coming" when in fact he was his own man and very different from his father,

• Like 4

Cognoscente

He had the charisma, and he would have been great in comedies like his dad. I liked his wise guy routine in SILT.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 2:42 PM, shukocarl1441996347 said:

This might be controversial but I never got the adulation that Brandon Lee got from Bruce Lee fans.

Yes he was a good actor and he made a few decent films (Showdown in Little Tokyo, Rapid Fire and The Crow) but they 

kind of treated him as the "2nd Coming" when in fact he was his own man and very different from his father,

Something that always weighed heavy on the man I felt. Like in almost every interview I watched it was always "the son of Bruce Lee" first before his own self. I think that was probably also the reason he didn't want to be typecast in Martial Arts movies. He famously turned down the role of portraying his own father in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. Or also refused to do his own fighst in Legacy of Rage. The shadow of his father always seem to follow him. It's interesting that Shannon at least seems to embrace the idea of being "the daughter of Bruce Lee". Although that may get more inspiration from a business perspective. I think this was one of his biggest and most personal battles. To just getting away from this idea of "only" being the son of a famous icon. The potential was certainly there. Unfortunately it didn't have the time to grow and flourish.

• Like 3