Brandon Lee

newgen2005

In the new Shudder Docuseries, they will be discussing THE CROW. I'm definitely excited to watch this series, first episode starts today.

Cursed Films is a five-part documentary series which explores the myths and legends behind some of Hollywood’s notoriously “cursed” horror film productions. From plane accidents and bombings during the making of The Omen, to the rumored use of real human skeletons on the set of Poltergeist, these stories are legendary amongst film fans and filmmakers alike. But where does the truth lie? Cursed Films reveals the events that haunted these productions through interviews with experts, witnesses and the cast, directors and producers who lived through the real-life events. Were these films really cursed, as many believe, or just the victims of bad luck and bizarre circumstances?

• Like 2

DragonClaws

The following James Coburn narrated docuementary features a brief interview with Brandon Lee, on the set of Showdown in Little Toyko.

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 4/2/2020 at 5:35 PM, SMK said:

In the new Shudder Docuseries, they will be discussing THE CROW. I'm definitely excited to watch this series, first episode starts today.

I just got shudder yesterday, lmao. And this was the first content I watched. Nothing new if you are a member of this board but the production and editing is fantastic. I also just watched another episode of this series where they talked about the Twilight Zone accident and John Landis was acquitted for being responsible in killing 3 people? WTF man? I don't give a fuck if he directed animal house and blues brothers, he killed 3 people including 2 little kids. 

• Like 2

Just watched it too. Well made but a bit too heavy on Bruce Lee for me. I get they had to establish the connection because of all the myths surrounding both of their unfortunate deaths. Nonetheless a pretty sober approach to the subject matter with a good choice of interviewed persons.

What struck me was they had a really good print of THE CROW for the movie scenes. Wonder what source they used? Even a short Cowboy Skull scene was in HD! It's high time for a good release with some new extras. What about all those lost scenes (Workprint). I'm sure some of it is still out there on 35mm.

BTW, a few years back an auctioneer had Brandon's "death jacket" for sale. In poor taste to say the least!

"Reddish staining exists on the lining above the hem in the back."

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

DragonClaws

Anyone here viewed the The Crow themed episode, of the 2020 Cursed Film's series produced by NetFlix?. Overall, I felt it was a very well made episode with some really interesting content. If you have yet to watch the Kill Bill movies, be warned. It gives away the ending to Kill Bill Vol.2. 

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Chad Stahelski talks with Scott Adkins, about his time spent with Brandon Lee at Dan Inosanto's Academy. Along with a whole heap of other subjects.

• Like 2

How Did Brandon Lee Train?  (tfurman)

Link- https://www.tomfurman.com/how-did-brandon-lee-train/

Brandon ended up doing, “Showdown in Little Tokyo”, with Dolph Lundgren. He mentioned that before the role, he wanted to have movement distinctive from the imposing Lundgren who was a Doorman, Swedish Military Operator and Kyokushinkai Champ. Brandon therefore trained gymnastics to add to his bag of tricks and physique. This is apparent when you watch the film. It was during this time that Brandon reconnected with the Inosanto and IMB Academy. He started classes in Jun Fan/JKD and Muay Thai. Brandon practiced grappling with Larry Hartsell and hung out with Rich Bustillo whom he rode motorcycles with. According to the Inosanto Academy, Brandon certified in both JunFan/JKD and Thai Boxing. The Thai certifications were done under the watchful and brutal eyes of Chai Sirisute.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

BRANDON LEE FOLLOWS IN HIS DAD'S SHOES, BUT HE HOPES TO WIN RESPECT AS AN ACTOR IN HIS OWN RIGHT.  (Chris Hicks)

Link- https://www.deseret.com/1992/7/24/18996080/brandon-lee-follows-in-his-dad-s-shoes-but-he-hopes-to-win-respect-as-an-actor-in-his-own-right

"I've always wanted to be an actor. From the time I was really young, it's just what I've always wanted to do." He says he was bitten by the bug while on the set of one of his father's movies, "but it was never my idea to become a martial arts action actor. It's just that I managed to get this role and had this skill. It's something I've always done personally."

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4

On 11/5/2020 at 2:31 AM, Karlos said:

You're like Brandon's unofficial curator and it's fantastic!

Thanks for the kinds words @Karlos.

The development of Die Hard With A Vengeance led to it using a story that had been earmarked for Rapid Fire 2.

(Guy Pearson)

Link- https://www.filmstories.co.uk/features/how-rapid-fire-2-was-turned-into-die-hard-3/

The studio liked the idea of reworking what was to be Rapid Fire 2 into Die Hard 3, and Hensleigh was given just one month to rewrite the script into a Die Hard film. When the script was finished, it was full steam ahead. The casting began and Angela Bassett was still on board as the second lead. But this also changed as the character was rewritten as male. There’s no information as to why, as it’s a gender change that didn’t really affect the plot.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

• Like 3

As for working in his late father’s shadow: “I think that any person who goes to see a martial-arts film compares whoever’s in it to my father, because he’s the standard. Are they going to compare me? Sure. Even more than somebody else? Sure.

“Do I worry about it? No.”

Enter the Offspring - (Kyle Count's)

Link- https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-03-03-ca-0-story.html

Is this Michelle Yeoh with Brandon Lee?.

653fc5aa4122335745716d22b8b125ef.jpg

• Like 1

My interview with Rochelle Davis (Sarah in "The Crow) at NJ Horror Con and Film Festival, March 2018. Rochelle provides some touching and heartwarming insights into her relationship with Brandon Lee.

• Like 1