Brandon Lee

newgen2005

DragonClaws

Brandon Lee with his fathers friend and student Herb Jackson.

41f2f9748af65c029e54529fa93f52da--brando

With his sister Shannon.

?format=750w

Coffee time.

BrandonLee03.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

BrandonLee38.jpg

Wow, this is another blast from the past. I bought this issue back in high school. I so miss the days when magazines were less than $6...:bs_bummed:

• Like 4

On 10/25/2019 at 6:53 AM, Shaolivevil said:

Wow, this is another blast from the past. I bought this issue back in high school. I so miss the days when magazines were less than $6...

An Inside Kung Fu cover from around the same time. I used to spend a lot money on Magazines, not so much these day's. It's not just the price of them, but so many Martial Art's publication have bit the dust too.

BrandonLee39.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Some like it goth: How 'The Crow' transcended the tragic, on-camera death of its star to become a superhero classic

Link- https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/the-crow-25-ann-brandon-lee-shot-world-goth-day-michael-massee-comic-book-a8907951.html

00010d74a4322fe3eb16b4a10ee00da3.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

• Administrator

Nearly every year since I first saw this in the theater in1994, I try to watch THE CROW on October 30th- the day (most of) the film's events take place. Looks like I won't be able to do so this year because of tight deadlines. :BL-Emotional: I'll have to revisit it in the coming week.

But... I will be listening to the outstanding soundtrack while I work. 😉

• Like 3

That movie did have a great soundtrack and was played endlessly on the radio when the movie came out. I remember when Brandon got killed like it was yesterday because it happened in Wilmington, NC which is about a one and a half hour drive from where I live. It was such a needless and senseless death too because of the carelessness of the f/x people. It did set stricter rules and standards in the film industry in the aftermath though where something like this would never happen again hopefully.

• Like 4

On 10/25/2019 at 1:53 AM, Shaolivevil said:

Wow, this is another blast from the past. I bought this issue back in high school. I so miss the days when magazines were less than $6...:bs_bummed:

I use to buy Inside Kung Fu and Black Belt when I was a teenager on into my 20s too and ended up with several boxes full of them. Didn't realize they had become so expensive because it's been over 20 years since I stopped buying them lol.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Nearly every year since I first saw this in the theater in1994, I try to watch THE CROW on October 30th- the day (most of) the film's events take place. Looks like I won't be able to do so this year because of tight deadlines. :BL-Emotional: I'll have to revisit it in the coming week.

Beat's my first time watching on a Pan & Scan VHS, on a small 12-inch T.V. That said, the film really knocked me out in a good way. The film had a terrific soundtrack like you and others have pointed out. It's clear Brandon Lee would have gone onto to work outside of the action genre. Seeing what he did with The Crow, makes you wonder just where he would have taken the Martial Arts genre. He certainly would have raised the overall quality of the film I think. Not just in terms of choreogrpahy, but the scripts, stoy's, direction and acting.

On the set of The Crow with director Alex Proyas, and co-star Michea Berryman. Who was cast to play the Skull Cowboy. Only for his scenes to be cut from the final Theatrical release.

tumblr_m3lqxeOilJ1r1fjtxo1_1280.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 4