Brandon Lee

newgen2005

I watched this film the other day and was wondering how much of the film Brandon managed to complete before he died? I know some scenes they would have used doubles for dangerous stuff, but just wondered if they used cgi or something for the scenes he never finished!

• Like 1

As far as I know he did most of the film, and they simply CGI'd his face on a double for the rest.

I am sure somewhere I read that the scene where he comes back from the dead and returns to his home, when he looks out of the window they used a double body and added a CGI head!?

• Like 1

he filmed pretty much all of it. they only time they CGI'd his face was the scene where he returns home and gets thrown out the window. That scene was suppose to be way different, but since he died, they shot it from a First POV. The CGI face was as he was falling to the ground when they threw him out the window.

I believe this was all covered/discussed on the special features of the blu-ray...and I am guessing collector's edition dvd.

• Like 2

The CGI face was as he was falling to the ground when they threw him out the window.

This is incorrect, i`ve seen footage of brandon filming that fall.(he isn`t really falling at all he`s being pulled up with a wire and filmed from below.)

most of the scene where he gets dressed and applies makeup is the double.

the whole scene where he`s burning pictures and sarah comes to see him is the double.

so is the guitar scene.

the shot where he walks to the window once he`s applied makeup and looks out with the crow on his shoulder is a double with brandons face superimposed.

• Like 2

the scene where he was killed for real when he comes in when they are raping shelly. the original scene had him coming back with a bag of groceries whilst listening to a walkman. he finished nearly all of it. i heard most of the last 6 days shooting left when he died was mainly flashback scenes.

• Like 2

Guest Markgway

Unlike with the odious 'Game of Death' the producers here did the right thing completing 'The Crow'. 95% already filmed, it would have been a terrible waste not to. Shame the film isn't as good as one would hope.

Phantom Dreamer

Since this is the de facto Brandon Lee thread here, here are a couple of pics of 7-year-old Brandon Lee with Betty and Sylvia Lai on the set of Way of the Dragon and another with dad Bruce on the Way set.

e4f1053ce99ad232ab304b6bcd599350--bruce-lee-master-brandon-lee.jpg

IMG_rlacjh.jpg

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

The late Brandon Lee would have turned 53 today, an amazing talent who's life was taken too soon.

IKF%201997-11%20Cov.jpg

2ca38816143784e736509e9f4e7e3a33--brando

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Phantom Dreamer

How did Brandon Lee fans react to the wrestler Sting basically doing an Eric Draven impression the entire second half of his career? Tribute or ripoff? Lay the blame on Scott Hall? Praise Scott Hall?

ByjailxIQAASPrD.jpg

DJ9V4ZRX0AUHlQ9.jpg

BWZ1X5WCMAA8hCf.jpg

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
12 hours ago, laagi said:

I agree. But I was always under the impression that his widow owns the rights to his estate. And if that's the case looks like she's handling it a bit more delicate to say the least.

Brandon Lee was engaged to a woman named Eliza Hutton at the time of his death, not married. I don't believe she has any control over his estate. If she does, I stand corrected. I'm not sure if Brandon even had a will when he died.

• Like 2

Shaolivevil
5 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Brandon Lee was shot and killed 25 years ago today.

Damn, 25 years later and it still hurts like it was yesterday...

• Like 3

Phantom Dreamer

Brandon Lee's 1992 appearance on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno promoting Rapid Fire.

I wonder whatever happened to the guy who burglarized his home?

• Like 3

DragonClaws

At the Marked For Death premeire.

brandon-lee-during-marked-for-death-prem

A teenage Brandon Lee

4d1f1e57dd94315b252319607cee14d4.jpg

Fighting well known stuntman man Al Leong, in a scene from the finale of Rapid Fire.

Rapid-Fire-brandon-lee-28400628-1200-762

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1