Tower of Death - Tribute Video

Son Of A Gun

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sifu iron perm

great tribute..

brilliant film and wish jan lee had more screen/fighting time.

cinematography is also on point.

TibetanWhiteCrane

A cinematic masterpiece....... of the schlocky kind! But my love for this film is unabashed. Best Bruceploitation ever.....

sifu iron perm

what/how much was the budget used on this? And how did it do when it was released?

Which has the best picture quality Region 1 (Fox) or the Region 2 (HKL) which I have? Has anyone seen the Region A Blu Ray too?

Which has the best picture quality Region 1 (Fox) or the Region 2 (HKL) which I have? Has anyone seen the Region A Blu Ray too?

I will check for you. I have the FOX, Megastar/Universe, and Kam & Ronson Blu Ray. Iirc, the K&R blu is the best, pq wise, but the audio still is not so great with added effects.

Those HKL discs always had a yellowing of the picture where colors weren't crisp and sharp.

I will check for you. I have the FOX, Megastar/Universe, and Kam & Ronson Blu Ray. Iirc, the K&R blu is the best, pq wise, but the audio still is not so great with added effects.

Those HKL discs always had a yellowing of the picture where colors weren't crisp and sharp.

Cheers mate.:smile:

Son Of A Gun

Never go for the FOX dvd, it's awful. It's the same print as the Joy Sales used, but on Fox's it's framed badly, so tops of heads are cropped off sometimes n stuff. The Joy Sales dvd didn't have this bad framing issue, but it has other issues like crushed blacks and too much contrast and other stuff I can't describe. :P

HKL's is the best for picture quality IMO. Although the bluray is probably better. I haven't seen it.

Just never buy the Fox dvd or your eyes may be in danger. That is all. :angel:

muppetdanny
Never go for the FOX dvd, it's awful. It's the same print as the Joy Sales used, but on Fox's it's framed badly, so tops of heads are cropped off sometimes n stuff. The Joy Sales dvd didn't have this bad framing issue, but it has other issues like crushed blacks and too much contrast and other stuff I can't describe. :P

HKL's is the best for picture quality IMO. Although the bluray is probably better. I haven't seen it.

Just never buy the Fox dvd or your eyes may be in danger. That is all. :angel:

It's worth mentioning that HKL uses the HK cut and FOX uses the Longer English Dub version.

Also there's Koren cut and an alt. Eng version with ETD clips removed:

jFQfCbvtGAA

cLsZvaealR0

sifu iron perm
The video is back up and running in the first post, Sifu. Fear not.

:wink:

nice! I truly enjoyed this tribute vid, the suspense element with the voice-over is brilliant.

Great tribute video!

I enjoyed Tower of Death as a movie. Interesting story, characters and well choreographed fight scenes. I prefer the english dub mainly for the music soundtrack which is so different to the asian version!

Archived