The Annihilator (2014)

Youal

Stan Lee has teamed up with a production company in China to bring a Chinese superhero, The Annihilator to the big screen. The Hollywood/China co-production is slated for release in 2014 with a budget of more than a 100$ million. No word yet on who will play the main role.

Synopsis:

Annihilator tells the story of a young Chinese expatriate, Ming, who must choose between remaining in prison or enlist in a secret US super soldier program. The program uses targeted genetic enhancements from various animal species. Ming chooses to undergo this nearly fatal procedure and through his extreme resolve, gained as a result of his family’s tradition of practicing Qijong and martial arts, he survives. Now, armed with remarkable abilities, he must confront a former rival with his own set of enhanced faculties. Our reluctant hero is forced not only to face his personal demons, but also to defeat the villain who will destroy everything that he knows and loves.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/175157-barry-josephson-to-produce-stan-lees-annihilator

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Singing Sensation Wang Leehom to Star in Adaptation of Stan Lee’s ‘Annihilator’

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/wang-leehom-annihilator-1200570618/

Ok, now I just lost any interest in this movie. Anytime a pop singer is cast in an action movie is never a good sign.

Ummmm you know Wang Leehom has done martial arts in a few films

China Strike Force was his film debut, he was the lead in the Tekken-like film The Avenging Fist and he was in Little Big Soldier...

Im not completely against it...at least he has some experience in the action industry. They just need the right choreographer to train him,

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Good point Albert.

I remember being so annoyed when I heard that a pop star was taking the lead in NINJA ASSASSIN. But Rain was fantastic in that role.

ShaOW!linDude

I guess any pop star would be better than Jay Chow or Choi or whatever his name was who played Kato in the awful Green Hornet contrivance.

I guess any pop star would be better than Jay Chow or Choi or whatever his name was who played Kato in the awful Green Hornet contrivance.

I know in Hong Kong it has been a trend to cast pop stars in action films, but some have done their work.

I'm glad they went with Wang Leehom. I wonder if he will be credited as Leehom or his English name, Alexander. Yes, Wang Leehom is also known as Alexander Wang...it says so on his U.S. passport. (He is originally from Rochester, NY and he put a photo of his passport on a greatest hits album he had done, which included his two films on the China Strike Force soundtrack)

Archived