Godzilla vs Biollante

Tosh

Picked this up for cheap the other week at Barnes and Noble. I saw this back in the 90's but I have to admit I didn't remember much of it(must of been a drunken rental). It starts out really good with one of the better human plotlines for a gfilm, sadly the human element over-bloats itself about halfway through, the Japanese Self Defense Force - JSDF could of been cut out entirely and been better for it. Biollante on the other hand is one of most creative opponents to face G since the Smog Monster, just outstanding design, I definitely rate this as one of the best "newer" gfilms:nerd:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wongfeihung62
Picked this up for cheap the other week at Barnes and Noble. I saw this back in the 90's but I have to admit I didn't remember much of it(must of been a drunken rental). It starts out really good with one of the better human plotlines for a gfilm, sadly the human element over-bloats itself about halfway through, the Japanese Self Defense Force - JSDF could of been cut out entirely and been better for it. Biollante on the other hand is one of most creative opponents to face G since the Smog Monster, just outstanding design, I definitely rate this as one of the best "newer" gfilms:nerd:

Funny enough I was watching the BD of this yesterday. I agree, although flawed, the western actors are the usual bad quality. Biollante is a great Kaiju, especially in it's final incarnation.

ShaOW!linDude

Can't sit through Godzilla films because of the hokey plots. I just ff to the pre-fight and the end fight. There should be a "best of" dvd of his end fights.

Can't sit through Godzilla films because of the hokey plots. I just ff to the pre-fight and the end fight. There should be a "best of" dvd of his end fights.

A bit amusing comment from a "kung fu film" aka "hokey plot film" fan :tongue:

Which Godzilla's have you seen (partly)?

ShaOW!linDude
A bit amusing comment from a "kung fu film" aka "hokey plot film" fan :tongue:

Which Godzilla's have you seen (partly)?

How did I fail to see the irony of my former statement? And you called me on it, too! Too funny.:bigsmile:

Boy, let's see, I've sat through: Godzilla vs Megalon; Son of Godzilla; Godzilla vs Mothra; Godzilla vs King Kong; Godzilla vs Mecha-Godzilla; and Destroy All Monsters. There's probably others like Rodan, too.

My point, I guess, is that I just can't watch those old Godzilla movies from beginning to end anymore. I just ff to the fights. I do that with some of the old school/modern fu films, too. That's why I wish there was a dvd compilation of just the monster fights.

wongfeihung62
How did I fail to see the irony of my former statement? And you called me on it, too! Too funny.:bigsmile:

Boy, let's see, I've sat through: Godzilla vs Megalon; Son of Godzilla; Godzilla vs Mothra; Godzilla vs King Kong; Godzilla vs Mecha-Godzilla; and Destroy All Monsters. There's probably others like Rodan, too.

My point, I guess, is that I just can't watch those old Godzilla movies from beginning to end anymore. I just ff to the fights. I do that with some of the old school/modern fu films, too. That's why I wish there was a dvd compilation of just the monster fights.

try watching the latter releases from the late 80's upwards, much better FX and G himself isn't the clown he was in the 70's Showa period.

Come on man that's a lot of the fun of them:tongue: I throw a Godzilla movie in for light entertainment(with the exception of the original), If I'm in a serious mood and want to pay full attention I go for classic Samurai.

That would be cool though, compile all the fights together, like what they do with all the singing/dance scenes from the Bollywood movies!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Damn! That's freakin' cool. :smile:

Though, if I had that much dough to throw around on movie related stuff, I'd get one or both of the full size werewolf props from AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON and THE HOWLING that you can find from time to time on eBay.

sifu iron perm
Damn! That's freakin' cool. :smile:

Though, if I had that much dough to throw around on movie related stuff, I'd get one or both of the full size werewolf props from AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON and THE HOWLING that you can find from time to time on eBay.

Great taste there Bob, AWIL is one of my fav films ever!

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Great taste there Bob, AWIL is one of my fav films ever!

That's the film that inspired me to go from just drawing and other 2D art, and into sculpting and special makeup effects. Rick Baker is one of my heroes in the art field!

Secret Executioner

Really nice. I'm not a fan of the Heisei Godzilla movies (except for Godzilla vs Destoroyah which I consider one of the greatest Godzilla movies ever) but this looks just awesome. :bigsmile:

Archived