Revenge of the Green Dragons - Scorsese and Lau

AlbertV

OpiumKungFuCracker
Personaly I didn't know any of them but did come in contact with some of them as some of us would (stupidly) venture into areas we shouldn't go. In all the places we went, none of the gang members bother us as we were customer's buying a service - movies, food, etc,. they were more concern with other gang members coming into their turf, plus we didn't cause any trouble and was very respectful. Though there we some places that we dare not go into or near.

Those young guys fought with other gangs and had to be tough and also had to act & talk the part otherwise people as well as the other gangs wouldn't take them seriously.

As to the casting - they should have used better actors, those guys don't fit the roles.

And again, I just love gangster movies where the backdrop is set in NY. Something about NY that just makes it that more authentic. I have no knowledge of the history that had occurred so it is cool for someone who has lived through those times and share their perspective on this. God I hope the cast proves me wrong, PROVE ME WRONG KEVJUMBA!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This would be my ideal Green Dragons cast:

YeungStance-200x300.jpg

lee-byung-hun-red2.png

Yeah I know, he's Korean.but we're talking about hard ass motherfuckers and these two fit the bill!!!! Kevjumba and drunken Asian dude from 21 and over, PROVE ME WRONG!!! I apologize for my behavior KFC community but the gangster genre is my favorite genre ever, I take it very seriously. Ray Liotta is in it for god sake!!!!

Great choices, however age wise they wouldn't fit the bill as the Green Dragons members were in their early 20's (with some as young as 14).

OpiumKungFuCracker
Great choices, however age wise they wouldn't fit the bill as the Green Dragons members were in their early 20's (with some as young as 14).

You're right about that. Damn it sucks that there is not a lot of young Chinese actors in Hollywood but I'm sure Korea has lots of them. Even Hong Kong for example. I'm sure some have broken English and can fit the hard ass tough guy bill. Again, PROVE ME WRONG KEVJUMBA!!!!

One Armed Boxer
Damn it sucks that there is not a lot of young Chinese actors in Hollywood but I'm sure Korea has lots of them.

Korea is too busy making some of the best gangster movies in recent memory to waste their time exporting their local talent to Hollywood. Like has been previously mentioned, the dialogue featured in the trailer is awful, I think I'll stick to watching Rain slicing up a gang of ninjas in 'Ninja Assassin' rather than watching this. That was good pulpy fun, a movie like this trying to pull of dialogue like that with a straight face is just heading for disaster.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Korea is too busy making some of the best gangster movies in recent memory to waste their time exporting their local talent to Hollywood. Like has been previously mentioned, the dialogue featured in the trailer is awful, I think I'll stick to watching Rain slicing up a gang of ninjas in 'Ninja Assassin' rather than watching this. That was good pulpy fun, a movie like this trying to pull of dialogue like that with a straight face is just heading for disaster.

Exactly. I'll probably still end up watching it once it's release stateside but right now from the trailer, Nothing out the ordinary. Come on KEVJUMBA PROVE ME WRONG!!!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Reviews from TIFF aren't looking good. The main criticism is that the look and design doesn't resemble the time period, which is a big mistake in filmmaking 101!!!! If you're going to do a period film, specifically the 80s, you have to represent the look and feel. Setting it 2014 is a big no no!!!! Is this really the directors of Infernal Affairs??? Should I take a chance and order it on direcTV and give it a shot?? It's going to cost me $11 dollars?? What can I buy with $11 dollars nowadays?? Food right??? Maybe a movie ticket, two even??

Reviews from TIFF aren't looking good. The main criticism is that the look and design doesn't resemble the time period, which is a big mistake in filmmaking 101!!!! If you're going to do a period film, specifically the 80s, you have to represent the look and feel. Setting it 2014 is a big no no!!!! Is this really the directors of Infernal Affairs??? Should I take a chance and order it on direcTV and give it a shot?? It's going to cost me $11 dollars?? What can I buy with $11 dollars nowadays?? Food right??? Maybe a movie ticket, two even??

Just watch YEAR OF THE DRAGON! How can you mess up the 80s? I guess they didn't have the budget.

I was in Chinatown today grocery shopping and then this hits me - I never saw this movie. It was on my list of movies to waste my see in 2014.

Not sure if it because of no advertisements/not playing in my "usual" theaters or maybe because I may have been traveling to Asia during the playing period but for some reason this on slipped by me.

Did anyone saw this?

Yes. It's shit.

When it started I thought there was a glimmer of hope - it looked the part, but it soon became apparent that was all it had going for it, and it settled down to being nothing more than a preachy "movie of the week".

Some decent mullets, though.

• Administrator
Yes. It's shit.

When it started I thought there was a glimmer of hope - it looked the part, but it soon became apparent that was all it had going for it, and it settled down to being nothing more than a preachy "movie of the week".

Some decent mullets, though.

Aw shit, really? :ooh: I (perhaps foolishly) had high hopes. :squigglemouth:

Archived