The Great Fight (2012) - Frank Giglio, Miguel Jarquin-Morland, Eric Etebari, Robert Loggia

AlbertV

This is a new MMA movie coming out February 19 on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Plot:

"With a history of street fighting, Anthony, an autistic teen, is given one last chance or face being institutionalized. When a police officer starts teaching him martial arts, he will discover a rare talent in the octagon that could save him. With intense MMA combat, The Great Fight, is a triumphant and action packed experience "

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand small time film makers wanting to put movies out there but must they put out such obvious shit? This looks terrible in every way, shape and form.

At least "Chocolate" put the action first. This film looks like it's a slapdash mix of melodrama and 80's movie style ring fighting.

Robert Loggia was the comic relief of the film...nearly every other word that came out was a curse word LOL...but he was good as the psychiatrist who discovers the autistic boy's issues.

I just learned that star Frank Giglio (who plays the police officer who trains the autistic boy) is actually not only an actor, but he is a real-life police officer and the martial arts school the film was shot in is Giglio's actual martial arts school, Hawthorne Institute of Martial Arts. It makes me wonder now if this film is somewhat semi-autobiographical. There is an interesting twist in that the bully's coach is the lawyer who always gets under the cop's skin, especially because the cop's wife left him for the lawyer.

Archived