Another Koch Media Shaw German dvd set

Killer Meteor

Secret Executioner

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm trying to figure out what movies are on that release---near as i can make out it's FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH--EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER and SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN. i'm not sure about the others. also, what region is this set ? i sure hope they all include the english dub. i'll believe it when it's been confirmed by someone who buys the set.

Secret Executioner
oooops--- sorry about that chief . the titles are there. my mistake.

No problem, man. Not sure it's actually those, but that's what I could make out.

Concering the region, I'd say it's R2 since it's a European release.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
The link lists the following films:

King Boxer AKA 5 Fingers Of Death AKA Five Fingers Of Death (Zhao - Der Unbesiegbare)

Sentimental Swordsman (Das unbesiegbare Schwert der Shaolin)

Shaolin Handlock (Der Todesgriff des Shaolin)

The Kung Fu Instructor (Die Todeshand des gelben Adlers)

8 Diagram Pole Fighter (Todesspeer des Shaolin)

Thank you for the info brother! :bigsmile:

Still want to know- do these companies ship to the USA?

http://www.amazon.de/Shaw-Brothers-C...00C4Q2D3N4J8WS

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?...ducts_id=55622

Can any German speakers please help with this question?

Secret Executioner
@Yes, the second one definitely does, BOB! Please look at this link, paragraph five! http://shop.dtm.at/shipping.php

Thought the BIC/IBAN payment thing worked only within the European union and with some other countries like Switzerland... Anyway, their shipping fees look crazy (15€ within Europe ?!)

The only site that says this set has English audio is D&T. The distributor's own site only lists German, Cantonese and Mandarin audio:

Koch Media Site

OFDb says German, Mandarin and "Other":

OFDb

Unless someone actually has this set and can confirm the English dubs are on there, I would be wary about a purchase.

Betty Pei Ti

@Godfrey Ho worshipper, it says, only credit card and advance payment, postage and packing: 27 Euros, minimum order value: 15 Euros, plus fees of your bank for foreign bank transfer, between 5 and 10 Euros, Account number: 19927, bank code 32937

@Ronin and bobo, I bought the original box, no blu-ray. There are no English Subs included. I wonder if the blu will have any... I don't think so!

If that's the case, and it does appear to be, then it's all terribly disappointing. Not even any English subs - do they have an aversion to selling more copies of their product?

In related news, it looks like The Boxer From Shantung is coming out on blu-ray in Germany on 11/7. Can't find any audio/subtitle information yet. If anyone knows, please post.

Not even any English subs - do they have an aversion to selling more copies of their product?

My guess is that the cost of paying for the rights for the English subtitles doesn't outweigh the amount of copies they think they can sell with the English subs included.

I suppose so. I think they would have more than covered the cost of paying celestial for the extant subs.. but if they deemed it not to be worth the investment then it seems a sad indictment of how few English speaking Shaw fans are out there.

Archived