Another Koch Media Shaw German dvd set

Killer Meteor

When I see that despite a customer base that appears to be more unforgiving than ever, somehow someway somebody has cobbled together something respectable, if not outright marvelous, it's heartening. I couldn't live with being such a demanding, exacting f$#kwad nerd if I couldn't reward that heart when I see it. Thankfully, I dig 8 Diagram Pole Fighter enough to want a nice Cantonese copy. Kudos, Koch Media. Kudos.

Surely they wouldn't expect you to steal it either?

Or is that what today's way is like: please me or I will have the right to steal it? Maybe I'm just too old fashioned, buying official releases, and even bothering to spend nearly 4 minutes to retime and add fansubs to view official discs with new subs...

If I was emotionally available I would propose.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a bit unfair to moan at Koch Media for not putting English subs on there DVDs, its for the German market after all, its like German fans moaning at Hong Kong Legends for not putting German subs on there UK discs....

Its a shame but understandable.

Shaolin Patriot
Its a bit unfair to moan at Koch Media for not putting English subs on there DVDs, its for the German market after all, its like German fans moaning at Hong Kong Legends for not putting German subs on there UK discs....

Its a shame but understandable.

There is another German label - ELEA Media, that does include English subs (and English dub for that matter). Some of their titles include Five Shaolin Masters and Savage Five.

Guest Markgway

That's good. Someone should correct those OFDB entries then. Might put people like me off! ;)

Any idea if their SAVAGE FIVE DVD is progressive?

EDIT: Looks like it's an upcoming BLU.

I am looking forward to their BD releases.

Nothing beats my Custom Eng Dubbed and English Subtitled BD's of the 3 French WIld Side releases of the 36th Chamber flics on Blu Rays!

Shaolin Patriot
As far as I know is this the homepage of this label: http://www.kinofilm-online-datenbank.de/T.V.P.%20-%20The%20Vengeance%20Pack/index.html

By the way, they release DVDs and Blu-rays

That seems to be the homepage of TVP. I'm not sure if that is an alias for ELEA Media. The specs. are the same, though.

Strange, except for NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN I can't spot any hint about Blu Ray releases on this homepage. Didn't somebody here water everybody's mouth by claiming that they have half a dozen BD titles ready to go? I just see a lot of new DVD's and after typing their ludicrously schlocky German titles into the OfdB search engine and being enlightened about their real ones I'd say TVP goes for the most obvious picks that already saw pretty decent HK or US releases (KING BOXER, HEROES TWO, MAD MONKEY KUNG FU and BLOOD BROTHERS amongst them). No need to lap up any of those unless anyone craves for cringe-inducing (but supposedly "cultish") German "old school" dubs. Or limited edition so-called "hartbox" editions for that matter...

Shaolin Patriot
Strange, except for NEW ONE-ARMED SWORDSMAN I can't spot any hint about Blu Ray releases on this homepage. Didn't somebody here water everybody's mouth by claiming that they have half a dozen BD titles ready to go? I just see a lot of new DVD's and after typing their ludicrously schlocky German titles into the OfdB search engine and being enlightened about their real ones I'd say TVP goes for the most obvious picks that already saw pretty decent HK or US releases (KING BOXER, HEROES TWO, MAD MONKEY KUNG FU and BLOOD BROTHERS amongst them). No need to lap up any of those unless anyone craves for cringe-inducing (but supposedly "cultish") German "old school" dubs. Or limited edition so-called "hartbox" editions for that matter...

If you click on the Savage Five cover art, then look at the specs. (under Type), you'll see mention of the BD disc in planning stage.

Secret Executioner
It seems this collection is coming out on blu ray. Looks amazing, but from what I can tell there are still no Englisch subs :cry:

http://www.amazon.de/Shaw-Brothers-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00KHK1STK/ref=pd_cart_recs_3_p?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HR18X00C4Q2D3N4J8WS

Looks like one nice set - and it seems indeed like it has no English, whether it be dub or subs. :squigglemouth:

I have on great authority, these will either feature both Eng subs and dubs, or one or the other.

I've purchased titles from them before and it's mostly the case with their releases. Shop with confidence.

:bigsmile:

P.S.: just ask KFB.

:nerd:

Cloud Hands

Thats amazing news if true. If the amazon release date is correct it's coming out in two weeks. Hopefully a German memeber who gets hold of this can confirm if theres subs or dubs.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Can someone please clarify... as I speak zero German. :smile:

Which of the following films is on the Blu-ray set?

King Boxer

Marco Polo

Sentimental Swordsman

Kung Fu Instructor

8 Diagram Pole Fighter

Do either of these following companies ship to the USA?

http://www.amazon.de/Shaw-Brothers-C...00C4Q2D3N4J8WS

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?...ducts_id=55622

Archived