Dragon Dynasty 2-Pack?

TheBigBoss

Hey Guys,

I found a Dragon Dynasty 2-Pack today at Wal-Mart featuring "The Golden Swallow (aka The Girl With The Thunderbolt Kick)" and "Killer Clans" for $5. I know the quality on DD releases are usually top notch and can be trust and $5 is no money at all but I have never heard of these films. Are they any good? THIS is what the pack looks like BTW

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be worth it if you like Shaw Brothers swordplay films. The Golden Swallow is the sequel of Come Drink With Me. Its directed by Chang Cheh (5 Deadly Venoms, 5 Element Ninja, etc...). And, Killer Clans is a good film from Chu Yuan (Magic Blade, The Jade Tiger, etc...). For $5, you can`t go wrong.

masterofoneinchpunch

There is also a four pack that is slightly more expensive per movie (13 on Amazon) unless you can't find both double packs. In my opinion easily worth the money (either this one or the two pack). I originally bought the single releases. If you check the Shaw threads (search) you can find tons of opinions on the individual films.

511XXCA5K7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'd recommend you just go ahead and get both sets if you can find them.

I know my Wal-mart had them both thrown into the $5 bins a few months ago along with Merantau (which you should check for as well!)

Avenging Eagle is my favorite of the the 4. Killer Clans is probably runner up.

Archived