Once Upon a Time in Vietnam (2013)

Drunken Monk

gwailosforever
This movie came out in August and had a lot of really good hype.. i would think after about 5 months a dvd would be available...any news?

There is almost no official DVD market in Vietnam as 99% of DVD's are pirated. It's not worth the production companies releasing DVDs of their films once the theatrical run has ended.

The only other country to release the film theatrically so far is Australia. They should be the first territory to put out a legit Blu-Ray/DVD possibly in March-April.

To see which other countries have bought the film and will release it 2014 click here

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/08/once-upon-a-time-in-vietnam-is-coming-to-america.html

No news on a UK deal yet.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an Australian DVD site has it for pre order with a release of March 12th 2014

EZYDVD-OUATIV

but that only comes up when you do a google search, it doesnt appear if you search on their site which makes me wonder how confirmed it is

the cover art shows the fanasia label & PINNICLE FILMS who are behind fan asia ent. Australia do not have it listed on their website (even in the coming soon section)

I guess we'll find out in a couple of months

I just picked this up today. I'm going to watch it tomorrow, reviews haven't been too good but hopefully it will be enjoyable,

gwailosforever
Drunken Monk

I just saw the first fight scene and turned it off very bad cgi ,weak sound efx and so so action im not going to bother with this one.

I was really hoping for a blu ray release

Not going to happen. At least according to Lionsgate's press site. :(

Drunken Monk

After skimming through this film, I definitely won't be picking up a copy. It looks nice and has pretty solid performances but the action is few and far between and the action there is is either filled with quick edits or just isn't all that good.

Granted, I haven't given the entire film a full watch but I've been put off from what I have seen.

After skimming through this film, I definitely won't be picking up a copy. It looks nice and has pretty solid performances but the action is few and far between and the action there is is either filled with quick edits or just isn't all that good.

Granted, I haven't given the entire film a full watch but I've been put off from what I have seen.

what a shame.. i had high hopes for this

Archived